• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are there any games you like, but also suck at?

RemMomori

Nocturnal Scatterbrain
Bells
Switch
4787-7471-9496
Fortune Cookie
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Tasty Cake
Squashua
Famous Mushroom
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
Planet Glow Wand
Space Whale Plush
Blue Rocket Pop
Shooting Star Plush
Basically the title, I'll start.

I like playing the Splatoon series alot, I've played all three games and play Splatoon 3 almost every day, but I still suck at it lol. I haven't gotten past B rank in the in game ranked mode when highest rank is X (B is the second lowest rank only above C). I may not be very good at this game but I still enjoy playing.

This is going to sound embarrassing but I like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep but man I suck at the combat controls. I am so used to play KH1 and KH2 that their combat was easy to understand but Birth by Sleep and not to mention Dream Drop Distance has a different combat that is hard to get used too.

Probably a lot of them? I tried to get into the Mario & Luigi series but I can't handle the battle system. I always get to a point where I can no longer learn how to dodge attacks...
Oh and Splatoon lol. I don't even bother with the multiplayer. I just want to see the story. Well the story mode levels can be hard too! I will admit I had to skip most of the levels in Octo Expansion because I just can't.

Probably most of them, and there's a few I can think of at the top of my head, like Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort. Even for games with such simplistic controls I'm still bad at them, especially if it's the sports that you play against CPU Miis.
For example, I kept a log of how many experience points I got per round in swordplay speed slice and was getting an average of 20-60 points, which is minuscule compared to the max 200.
I also like Mario quite a bit, but I absolutely suck and haven't beaten a single Mario game ever. Same goes with Zelda (kind of), but the games are naturally difficult with the puzzles and combat.

Quite a fair bit but one series in particular is probably the Ghosts N' Goblins/Ghouls N' Ghosts series! I suck SOOOO badly at them but I LOVE playing them!

this is embarassing but little nightmares is the first game that comes to mind. i absolutely LOVE the art style, the story and the overall vibe, but i'm so abysmally bad at it it's not even funny. i've never been particularly great with puzzle platformers because i'm an idiot, but i really WANT to be good at them, so i keep trying in hopes that i will one day grow a brain. i am absolutely determined to finish the second game without having to look up any answers, so we'll see if that happens lol it won't

Competitive Pokémon. I’ve played for years and just can’t predict my opponent or make my strategies hidden enough. My best win/loss ration in any format was 55%. It’s weird because I have tons of info on how different formats and Pokémon work, but I can’t replicate the strategies myself. The majority of my matches are my opponent being able to see what I’m trying to do and shutting me down before I can get anything done.

fortnite !!!! and competitive overwatch - i always wanted diamond but never ranked beyond platinum
katamari, any puzzle game ...

It really depends, because if I am dying or losing too much in game that has little room for error, then I won't be having fun. Elden Ring is a huge contender for this. Regret buying that game. A friend kept bugging me to pick it up because it was so good.

The game wants you to be absolutely perfect and deal with its seriously outdated mechanics, bad controls, jank, and poor camera. It will decide to change direction so you're no longer facing the enemy and because of that your entire movement switches up. Which with a game that has little to no room for error, that usually ends up getting you killed.

Subnautica is a game I really wanted to like, but because it took forever to render the undersea landscape, I'd often be waiting and losing oxygen. By the time the stuff I needed would finally pop in, I'd be dead or close to it. Then it would take 1-5 minutes to reload a save.

Basically the title, I'll start.

I like playing the Splatoon series alot, I've played all three games and play Splatoon 3 almost every day, but I still suck at it lol. I haven't gotten past B rank in the in game ranked mode when highest rank is X (B is the second lowest rank only above C). I may not be very good at this game but I still enjoy playing.
any first person shooters

Practically I suck at any game with a combat system based on the action (and reaction!). That is, it must not be a turn based combat lol
I have not played many action games and for this I put a lot to become familiar with the commands etc., but I still like to play a lot! Sometimes I simply accept the fact of "suck at" and I lower the difficulty ... I honestly think that videogames can be as a leisure as a challenge, I would like to find time to face the challenges instead of giving up after a stressful day!

Yeah, I am bad at Kirby and the forgotten land. At least mediocre.

I am also kinda bad at minecraft or at least combat lol

Both games are still fun to me

Somehow I suck at survival Minecraft, but I remember little me being a beast in hunger games
Also every shooter game ever

I absolutely love playing Splatoon and Mario Kart, even though I'm not very good at either game. There's just something about the bright colors and fun gameplay that keeps me coming back for more, no matter how many times I lose.
When I first started playing Splatoon, I was completely lost. I didn't understand how to use the different weapons or how to navigate the maps. But as I played more and more, I started to get the hang of it. I still don't win very often, but I have a blast playing with my friends and trying out different strategies.
Mario Kart is another story. I've been playing it ever since It came out on gamecube, but I still can't seem to get the hang of drifting or using items effectively. But I don't let that stop me from having fun. I love the thrill of racing around crazy tracks and trying to avoid getting hit by shells or bananas. Even when I come in dead last, I can't help but laugh and enjoy the experience.
At the end of the day, I don't play these games to win. I play them because they make me happy.

Back