• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are there any games you like, but also suck at?

I like survival horror games...but I've never been great at actually playing them. I usually end up just watching "let's plays" or something. I also like fighting games and racing games...but I could never be in any sort of competitive tier for those either.

I really enjoy playing Super Smash Brothers (any of the games) and I'm just really bad at them. I also am not the best at genshin impact but I wouldn't say I'm awful at it, I just don't know how to build characters well. I've never been the best gamer but I'm okay with that and is why I make sure that the games I play have level options in case I need to change the difficulty level.

Every single game I ever played 🙃 Really, it's kind of funny because I love video games so much but I'm not very good at them. I mostly play Nintendo games. I always make sure to follow tutorials online because I keep getting confused while playing almost every video game. Some games I really know I won't be able to play well are horror games. I would love to play Silent Hill or something, but I know I would be terrible at it.

I spend a lot of my time on video games and it has made me none the better at any of them.
I don't have a set genre of games that I like to play, I've played the nintendo classics, some fps shooters like OW or Paladins, some RPGs like the Fallout series or Mass effect, some simulation and building games like the sims or cities skylines, some mobas like LoL or Smite and so on... and let me tell you one thing that all of these have in common is how bad I am at them.
I wish I was better honestly and after the amount of time I spent on them you'd think I'd be good but I can't. I don't know if I have some kind of mental or physical block preventing me from getting good, but it's just not happening.
I'm not mad at it though I just play, I'm bad at it, but I'm free.
Also I play most games in Normal difficulty and even that is a bit much sometimes depending on the devs meaning of "normal".
I'm glad for that, and even for the peaceful or narrative options in video games and I really disagree with the whole "there shouldn't be easy settings on video games!!!" discourse.

I really enjoy the Halo series, I'm usually not a fan of FPS games but Halo is an exception. only problem is I am terrible at playing FPS games 😅 I own Halo 3 and I really want to play through the campaign but I know I'll have to start on easy and I may not even be able to do that without dying constantly lol

I used to play Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart a lot as a kid, and I was good at them. Now, I really, really suck at them. lol

I like to think that I am good at alot of games but thats really not true 😅 I would say... definitely the Mario Olympic games! I LOVE THOSE GAMES TO DEATH but I am really bad at most of them, im only decent at them when I play them alot! Ooh a big one would be Super Smash bros. Even though I own and played Wii U, 3DS, and Ultimate sooo much I am horrible at those games!

Most games I'd say lol. I play very casually for relaxation mainly and I don't aim for some super skills or stuff. I do enjoy games like Splatoon 2-3 even if I'm not that good.

One that comes to mind very strongly is Crypt of the Necrodancer. I loved that game and played it often when I had it but I really really really sucked at it. I barely scratched the surface of the game.
I have even thought about rebuying it a few times just because it was fun for me. Maybe one day I will buy it again if the itch is really strong.

I tend to get my rump handed to me in RPGs, but that doesn’t stop me from excessively grinding and pushing through.

Splatoon 2 & 3, I'd like to think I was really good at the first one on WiiU, but after buying and playing 2 & 3 I am just..not good at it. I still play frequently because I love playing the game (in small doses), but wow, it feels like if you don't have impeccable sniper aim, it's impossible to play.

I’m a diehard fan of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and play online whenever I get the chance to. But I barely ever touch the Worldwide option. That is filled with Japanese tryhards!

I do have the lines, item management and bagging skills paid off, they just do it better than I do. You may think it’s because I’m using Male Villager, an unviable meta character, but is only disadvantage is one point off mini-turbo, so it can’t be that.

Ah well, I’m better off doing regionals for my own sake.

Probably a lot of them, but the first one I thought of when I saw this was Monster Hunter Rise/Monster Hunter World. I still play them anyway, but I always play with my husband who is vastly better than me.

Sometimes my character will get hit by the monster and faint and he’s like “you didn’t know that move was coming next?” No..??? I’ve been playing Pokémon games for years and still can’t remember the type weaknesses, and you want me to memorize the move sets of 50+ different monsters?!? 🙃

Sonic Frontiers, BOTW, some Castlevania games, Super Mario Bros. Wii, most Pokémon games, and Super Monkey Ball games.

I absolutely love Mario Kart 8, but I’m really not very good. I am decent at battles, but terrible at racing. I can’t compete with the higher VR people. I used to think it’s because I main Lemmy, but I’m not changing my character just so I can compete.

I absolutely love Mario Kart 8, but I’m really not very good. I am decent at battles, but terrible at racing. I can’t compete with the higher VR people. I used to think it’s because I main Lemmy, but I’m not changing my character just so I can compete.
I used to main Lemmy too! I started using him because I played nsmbwii and got stuck on his castle in world 3 lol

Another game I do like but suck at is The Last of Us. I do like the story but I am not so good with the game itself.

Same as you! I love Splatoon but am miserable at it, I also feel like 3 just has much more good competitive players as well and I always feel super bad when I join in a game now and suck and feel like I made my team lose lol. I shouldn't let that stop me but I haven't played much at all because of it.

Other than that, I love 4X strategy games but very much am bad at them, still play and get whooped though cause I'm not dragging anyone down with me🤣

Back