• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Are potatoes considered healthy?

Are potatoes healthy?

• Yes

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
I agree! I love just eating boiled red potatoes with a little bit of pam sprayed on them, with some salt and pepper. I'd rather eat them than eat bread or pasta to be honest!

So good ;_; The simplest things are the best!

It's unhealthy, it's not considered mainly as a vegetable as it is in the starch family w/ corns and peas

I highly doubt that seeing as it's impossible to avoid all carcinogens.
Aw I didn't know you were so concerned about what I put into my body. So the point you're trying to make is I shouldn't bother trying to avoid getting cancer?

Couldn't agree more lol, the best of both worlds
So fluffy and amazing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aw I didn't know you were so concerned about what I put into my body. So the point you're trying to make is I shouldn't bother trying to avoid getting cancer?
The point is it's stupid to think you can avoid every carcinogen. You're going to be exposed to them. And there's an over hyped fear of things that are even remotely linked to cancer. Life is too short to be so cautious. But it's your body and your choice.

The point is it's stupid to think you can avoid every carcinogen. You're going to be exposed to them. And there's an over hyped fear of things that are even remotely linked to cancer. Life is too short to be so cautious. But it's your body and your choice.
It's stupid to think you shouldn't try to avoid what you can. Life's too short to waste money and my good health on french fries? It's really not hard to avoid french fries. As for other carcinogens, I avoid what I know I can avoid - which is actually pretty easy when it comes to food. I can't control what I breathe in the air, but as far as food goes it's pretty damn easy to not purchase/stay away from foods I know to contain carcinogens.
I've personally had multiple family members die to cancer. I think for me it's more than an "over-hyped fear."

It is healthy, just depends the way you cook it. If you fry it with tons of oil, of course it's not healthy.

Let her live her life and not eat potatoes - -

As long as we're talking about the actual vegetable and not the fried form. Sweet potatoes are healthier than normal ones.

Let her live her life and not eat potatoes - -
Amen thank you :p All I originally said was that I don't eat fried potatoes lol...

But apparently "life is too short to be so cautious," I suppose I should also be smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day & driving 100mph on the freeway? Being cautious is avoiding risky behavior, that's all caution is. The whole reason for caution is because life is short.

Amen thank you :p All I originally said was that I don't eat fried potatoes lol...

But apparently "life is too short to be so cautious," I suppose I should also be smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day & driving 100mph on the freeway? Being cautious is avoiding risky behavior, that's all caution is. The whole reason for caution is because life is short.
I like how you can't draw a middle line but must swing from one extreme to the other. It's not a good attitude to have. And I've known people to die of cancer and people to beat cancer as well, some my own family. Don't try to use that as an excuse. Living your life in fear of something you can't really control is hard and unhealthy. There's a good middle ground where you don't have to fear and still avoid what you should. I hope you find that one day.

I think you're absolutely right. With the same will of living in a healthy way, I do not smoke or drink alcohol.
I sometimes can't resist to the temptation of French fries however lol, so I highly respect you for that :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like how you can't draw a middle line but must swing from one extreme to the other. It's not a good attitude to have. And I've known people to die of cancer and people to beat cancer as well, some my own family. Don't try to use that as an excuse. Living your life in fear of something you can't really control is hard and unhealthy. There's a good middle ground where you don't have to fear and still avoid what you should. I hope you find that one day.

She's just not eating fried potatoes! Why make such a big deal out of... potatoes? x)
I get what you're saying and in a way you're right but I think your thinking went a little too far, she's just... not eating... fried potatoes. It's actually a good thing in my opinion.

Peace on Earth, and peace on potatoes.

Yeah, and cancers are also sometimes linked to genetics. If your grandma or mom had a breast cancer, you have high chances to get it, whether you eat potatoes or not. You can't control everything.

You can't control everything.

Come on, she just wants to limit the risk, I'm sure she's perfectly aware that she can't control everything :)
Why does it seem bad to want to live healthily?

Not to get involved in this, but that's a little extreme don't ya think? I mean there are people out there who probably do that, but eh let's stick to just talking about potatoes xd

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think you're absolutely right. With the same will of living in a healthy way, I do not smoke or drink alcohol.
I sometimes can't resist to the temptation of French fries however lol, so I highly respect you for that :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

She's just not eating fried potatoes! Why make such a big deal out of... potatoes? x)
I get what you're saying and in a way you're right but I think your thinking went a little too far, she's just... not eating... fried potatoes. It's actually a good thing in my opinion.

Peace on Earth, and peace on potatoes.

I can never resist the temptation of French fries to be honest... I'm one of those people who get a meal at fast food places mostly cause I just want French fries, it usually isn't because I want the hamburger or chicken fingers xD

I agree though, I would never smoke or drink alcohol. I've just seen the dangers of it throughout my relatives so I personally will never commit to those two things for sure!

Not to get involved in this, but that's a little extreme don't ya think? I mean there are people out there who probably do that, but eh let's stick to just talking about potatoes xd

POTATO IS LIFE

Anyway. I'm pretty sure she exaggerated on purpose to make her point stand out :p

You're the one who said life is too short to be cautious dear. That sounds fairly extreme to me. I don't eat food because it tastes good, or do something because it feels good; you have to think about your actions or this short life could end up much shorter. Maybe you're a hedonist, and that's fine, but I'm not. I'm a pragmatist.
Living your life in fear of something you can't really control is hard and unhealthy.
Are you serious? I can control what I eat, and one thing I choose not to eat is fried potatoes, it requires very little effort on my part. Perhaps self-control is a problem for you & the only way you can cope with it is by saying, "life's too short to be cautious."
Fear isn't my motivation at all, my motivation is the desire to lead a healthy life. Cancer is a realistic fear for me, and I do what I can to avoid getting it. It's worth it.

Back