• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone playing Among Us?

I've given this a try and playing with strangers is really hit or miss, so I'd be interested in playing with people from here!

I never heard of it until I kept seeing the game popping up in my notifications being covered by most of the YTbers I subbed to.

It reminded me a bit of fall guys (which I wish I could try out), so I downloaded it and gave it a try for myself. It was really fun at first, but kind of repetitive after a while. Plus a lot of lobbies are full of hackers or tag teamers which ruins the fun imo. And you get voted out even when you literally say you saw the other color commit the kill. Best to play with friends, but can still be fun with randos just not as often.

I've been playing this game for a little over a month now, and I'm still slightly addicted to it, but not as much as when I first played it where I practically played it every single day and for many hours. (All glory to stuff like writing an own Among Us fanfic that's still not finished but becoming something pretty good nonetheless, which partly helped me kick the addiction! :p)

I started on my tablet where I downloaded it on Google Play, until 9 days later, where I bought it on Steam, and also got some skins and more hats for free, which is very nice, of course. (And since it was the start of October, I also immediately got all of the Halloween themed hats!)
The tablet/mobile version is somewhat easier for me since I can do tasks with two hands there, but on the PC version, typing messages during meetings and 'ghost time' goes a lot faster, and I have to take some more time to do tasks with the trackpad since I also have to click there, rather than just doing a few simple swipes and touches. (My current PC does not have a touch screen, but that's alright.) Not to mention that on the PC version, I also have a lot more hats, and I can easily buy the extra DLC (mainly pets) via Steam as well. (In a nutshell: on the PC, I have to pay a lot less for additional DLC than on the tablet/mobile version, and paying on the former is a ton easier, too.)

As for chatting, I don't use Discord (even if I do have it, albeit only on my tablet right now), because my introvertism doesn't let me use my real voice towards people I may not even know, and I also tend to stutter and mispronounce certain words a lot when I do so. 😅
And as for friends who also play this game... I do have a few that want to download it anytime soon, but none that already have it and are interested to play. Lol.

Finally, if any of you often play on European servers and see a lime crewmate with a balloon hat whose name is Yikk (named after the eponymous tower and its inventor from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story), then that's me! I'm better as a regular crewmate and to be honest, I'm a two-penny-half-penny (or whatever 'van likmevestje' means in English) impostor, especially on my own, where I tend to chicken out a ton. :giggle:

I just played the game for the first time last night with my college friends; however, I've been watching playthroughs (Offline TV, Pewdiepie, Jacksepticeye) since those streamers/YouTubers started playing. I love being a crewmate and just focusing on doing tasks. Card swipe took me forever to learn how to do properly, though; there was literally one round where everyone was waiting for me to do that -- it was my last task, and it took me five minutes to finally complete it.

I'm terrible at lying, and it's like my mind blanks out on what tasks there are as soon as I'm the imposter. 😆 Getting imposter stresses me out a lot, especially when we only have enough players to have one imposter. There was one time where I had a partner-in-crime, and he was seen venting for the first vent. I think I have to work on developing a similar playstyle, regardless of which role I get (the tasks are just too much fun to do and I should play detective more, even if I'm just another crewmate).

Started playing a couple of weeks ago, it's light fun although I am terrible at being imposter. I have probably only won as imposter all of once, every other time I have gotten caught. If anyone has some tips hmu. Also wondering since I can never figure it out- how on earth are you supposed to complete the calibrator task?
1604023333618.png

Started playing a couple of weeks ago, it's light fun although I am terrible at being imposter. I have probably only won as imposter all of once, every other time I have gotten caught. If anyone has some tips hmu. Also wondering since I can never figure it out- how on earth are you supposed to complete the calibrator task?
View attachment 330223
This task bamboozled me too! xD It's a timing task. From top to bottom, when the node rotates and reaches its rightmost point (where the wires are connected to), click the button below the bar, then move onto the next node.

I love playing Among Us, I often play in my free time and mostly play with friends.

Back