• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Anyone find the limit to Kapp'n's islands being once per day kinda odd?

Personally I just wish we could use our bells instead of miles. I don't play this game daily like I do NL, so the miles I gain a day is very low compared to other folks. Especially when they expect you to spend them on other things that take up more (Like decor and stuff), and bells are easier to manage imo.

if you visit someone's island, you get 1,000 miles once a day. That's how i would maintain my miles for days where I'm too busy to play but it also helps that I have my husband's switch that I can quickly visit.

I don't foresee it mattering much to me in the big picture, but my preference would have been unlimited like the other islands and bells instead of miles.

Last edited:
Yeah. I think the one time per day is a little odd and a bummer. I went on a boat tour last night and I didn't get any crops, and only 1 gyroid fragment.
I didn't know to talk to Blathers before taking the boat tour, so I guess I'll be TTing today! At least I don't mind doing so.

I don’t really think it is odd, as the game seems to be designed in many ways to encourage people to take it slow (and I feel like not punishing time traveling is a decent compromise).

of course on the first night I was a little sad to not be able to go to many islands at once, but in other ways I was glad to be pushed to not overdo everything in one night. It also keeps the content fresh for longer, especially for those who are able to avoid spoilers and make the discoveries for themselves.

one of the things I think people wanted in the update was content that extended beyond what could be done in a single day, so this also helps with that.

I think in the long run, I will like having it as a little additional daily task, and not be upset at all about not being able to binge on the island trips.

As a time traveller, it doesn't bother me too much. The game was made for non TT'ers so that's why its only once a day. If you don't TT, once a day Kappn visit makes the gaming experience last longer. If you TT, you'll get a lot of goodies fast, like gyroid fragments.

I haven't played the update yet (just got home from work and my switch is charging/downloading the update) but I actually like the idea of Kapp'n's Mystery Island Tours only being once a day per mystery island. To me it gives you something to look forward to each day you log in to play especially for those who aren't constantly time travelling and to be honest why rush through the update? If you could see and do everything all at once after day one then you'd be bored with the game sooner rather than later.

The good news is that if you have multiple users on your island you can still go on a tour with Kapp'n I tested this on my main island Destiny that has multiple users and it does work.

if you visit someone's island, you get 1,000 miles once a day. That's how i would maintain my miles for days where I'm too busy to play but it also helps that I have my husband's switch that I can quickly visit.
I don't visit friends because I really don't have any incentive to to begin with (Like outside of seeing their island and MAYBE trading (Which I don't really do to begin with, I play very casually) what else is there to do, you know?)
So that option is not for my play style in NMs.

I’ve been to two islands so far and both have sucked, lol. Roses and peaches and holly bushes on both. Peaches are my native fruit and holly bushes are in season. So rare and amazing. I can’t wait to see some of the more exciting ones people are talking about. But yeah, since mine have been underwhelming so far I’m annoyed we’re limited to one per day.

I’ve been to two islands so far and both have sucked, lol. Roses and peaches and holly bushes on both. Peaches are my native fruit and holly bushes are in season. So rare and amazing. I can’t wait to see some of the more exciting ones people are talking about. But yeah, since mine have been underwhelming so far I’m annoyed we’re limited to one per day.

same.... am i the only one who thinks kapp'n mystery islands actually very underwhelming?

Not really, considering the once-per-day interaction with *most* other NPCs... but my first non-Brewster-hunting island was shooting-star based so I got lucky :V

I hope hybrid island is back as a mystery island. A girl can dream. :'( Give me those hot, hot orange roses that spawn blues am I right folks

i dont mind it honestly! it seems like a rare thing esp since it can be randomly any season along with super special things! but i can see why some people would be annoyed by it too but if your traveling through time a day isnt all that much cause you do that anyway for resets

dang i didnt even realize it was once per day, ive just not been using his boat much. kinda lame to limit it i think

I thought it was weird too, but I honestly don't mind. The game wasn't giving me enough reasons to play every day before. Now I feel like I actually have reasons to play every day, and the Kapp'n trip is just one of those.

Makes perfect sense to me, honestly. You can get some awesome items from those islands and I can see Nintendo wanting to put a limit on it. Are there other ways they could limit it? Sure. But this is a valid option. I get that it's a bit annoying, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it weird. I think it's rather obvious why Nintendo did it (to add to how "special" this islands are).

As for time-traveling, I'm honestly not sure why "encouraging it" is a bad thing? From my experience, people who want to do it do. People who don't, don't. It doesn't matter either way.

I'm torn between both. I get why it's 1 but i think 3 would have been nice. I agree with paying in bells then nook miles as they are harder to get

I don't think anything in this game necessarily encourages time travel. People are either going to choose to do it, or choose not to regardless. It's a matter of what you deem worthy of waiting for and how you already play the game.

I gotta be honest so far Kapp'n tours is kinda bare bones. I hate to sound negative, but the only thing I seem to go to these islands for are Gryroid fragments and it seems like you can only get one on the island. However, today on my 2nd island I went to an Island that was raining and I was able to find a Gyroid and Gyroid fragment. Other than that thats pretty much it.

Back