• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone else wanting to take things slow with the update?

river

Bells
Famous Mushroom
Froggy Easter Egg
Silver Trophy (Second Place)
Lost Book
Tortimer
First thing I did after downloading the update this morning was running up to Resident Services so I could order myself that neat Ferris Wheel item I saw in the Direct.

Wow... Just seeing all the new NM items... I audibly, real-life gasped at some of them 😳😅

It reminded me of how great it felt as a kid playing Wild World for the first time when I would get a piece of furniture in return for doing someone a favor and I would have to rush home to see what it looked like.
(That was back when I didn't have an encyclopedic knowledge of all the furniture items in this game...)

So I thought: I just wanna stretch this feeling for as long as possible...

So I've been avoiding item and DIY lists, all of that which I would normaly obsess over after each previous update. It's been so long since New Horizons has truly surprised me so I kinda wanna help it do that now, I guess...
Anyone else feeling that way?

Also shoutout to everyone here on The Bell Tree who have been using spoiler tags, avoiding specific stuff in thread titles and all of that, thank you! ❤

I feel the same way! I started playing the update last night and where in the past I might have TTed to unlock more stuff, this time I’m just playing as it was intended - I played for about an hour and then went to bed, and this morning I’m excited to play again and discover more stuff. Hopefully that will make the experience last longer 🙂

I am grateful to Nintendo for allowing us an extra day to play prior to HHP release, because I wanted to focus on one before the other. That said, I have TT’d a few days to unlock a few things to get a better picture of the update, AND so tomorrow I can focus on HHP. I don’t regret it, because the game’s RNG will naturally slow how much you can access (i.e. recipes, Kappn islands, store items, etc.).

That's what I'm doing and I'm loving every second of it. I had restarted on the 24th and since I don't have a 3 star rating yet, a lot of new stuff isn't available for me. Sure at first it was a bit annoying because I wanted to see the new stuff but then I realize if I had everything unlocked right away, it would likely burn me out. Just like when HHP becomes available, I'm not going to explore it right away. So I'm just going around my island, unlocking things as I go and it's tedious and not much fun but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I will definitely be playing this update slow. I like that only one shop on Harv’s island unlock each day. I did a few things last night , finding Brewster and unlocking Leif’s shop. I did have a open plot yesterday was trying to keep it empty until I had time later today to look for another villager. So I tried keeping it on yesterday but it was already 5 before I tried to tt back. So the plot might have auto filled anyway just means I will try for new villagers at another time.
Post automatically merged:

I am grateful to Nintendo for allowing us an extra day to play prior to HHP release,
I am also very grateful for that. I get off early today so I actually have time today to play. If they had waited until tonight I wouldn’t have time until Tuesday to be able to really enjoy the update.

Im taking my time, doing things as it comes and not tt, not because tt is bad but because i dont want to spoil the fun specially since its the last update. I want to streach it as much as possible but also because im a bit overwhelmed by the amount of things introduced and would like to have the time to enjoy each one of themwithout stressing

Same here. I'm not one for time traveling so I'm probably just going to take it day by day unlocking all the shops and whatnot. Gotta wait for crops alas :C

I am only TTing because I am currently at college, so my free time is always limited (whether its classes, hw, social life, work, clubs, etc.). Although this weekend I am gonna go back to the original date because I wanna do some light terraforming/get more into decorating.

Absolutely.

I’m more than happy to take things day by day when it comes to all the new content. I don’t see the point of rushing through it all and then having nothing new to do apart from decorating. This update is clearly meant to keep us all occupied for a long time so I say sit back and just enjoy it as it comes in real time.

I am. I'm opening the co-ops at Harv's one at a time. Lief was there today, so I bought tomato and sugarcane starts. I only had one empty plot, so I planted the tomatoes. Tomorrow my pumpkins will be ripe, so I can free up space for the sugarcane, and hopefully he will have new starts available. I'll work on getting everything planted.

Reese and Cyrus will be open tomorrow, and I'll donate to Redd's stand next, I think. It'll take almost a week to get them all open.

Blathers is closing the museum tomorrow, so the café will be open Saturday.

For the rest, I'm going to discover things as they come up. It's a fun feeling.

I'm definitely going to be taking it one day at a time, and I'm avoiding a lot of the threads on TBT so as not to spoil too much!

I'm not in a rush to start buying anything from anyone either; I'd rather see what items/crops etc I come across in game first.

I've donated to my first stall on Harv's, bought from the Nook Mile catalogue, group stretching, been sailing with Kapp'n, and I've done one home with Lottie. Happy to stretch this out for maximum enjoyment! 🥰😍🌟

This is what I did when the game came out and what I plan on doing now. I time traveled a little bit in past games, but have really enjoyed truly playing day by day for this game. I avoided burn out for a lot longer than my friends who time traveled, and have played much more than they did. I like discovered new things day by day and making a little progress each day.

I’m looking at item pics. But I’m not time traveling and not getting all the nook mile items at once.
Post automatically merged:

I'm definitely going to be taking it one day at a time, and I'm avoiding a lot of the threads on TBT so as not to spoil too much!

I'm not in a rush to start buying anything from anyone either; I'd rather see what items/crops etc I come across in game first.

I've donated to my first stall on Harv's, bought from the Nook Mile catalogue, group stretching, been sailing with Kapp'n, and I've done one home with Lottie. Happy to stretch this out for maximum enjoyment! 🥰😍🌟

Is HHP available early, or are you in a different time zone?

Last edited:
I accidently sidelined myself VERY hard so I will be enjoying the update at a glacial pace. I restarted my island before update and NOT soon enough… Now i’m stalled out at a two star island because i’m not breeding flowers quickly enough. Otherwise there’s trees and furniture abound! Because of this I can’t experience cooking/ Kapp’n/human joy for a while. Trying to appreciate the little tidbits of new i’m getting instead of letting myself be bummed! At least the DLC won’t be gatekept (I hope??)

I'll be playing the update pretty slowly I think. I did do a bit of time travel on my second island but I mainly hunted for new villagers. And HHP unlocked for me on that island since it's a Japanese account, I only did 3 houses though.

I will probably be taking it slow, but not entirely by choice - I just have a lot going on so it's difficult to find the time to sit down and play for extended periods of time! I'm currently resisting the urge to tt through and unlock everyone on Harv's island but we'll see how long that lasts. I'm sure when HHP is also released that'll be able to fill in the gaps for me while I wait for new things!

Back