• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone else wanting to take things slow with the update?

I've not been letting myself look at any spoilers about furniture, gonna see what I discover myself!

I've also been debating whether I should even buy new crops from other players or just wait until I find them myself. I think I am going to wait until I've found them, cause it'll be more of an incentive to play every day! :)

record scratch

How did you get Lottie already?
The DLC releases at midnight, no matter your timezone! In Australia it's Friday morning! 🎉🌟

(Apparently it's based on your eShop, so changing region or time etc doesn't work.)

edit:
Beware: Spoiler pic
2021110503583200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I've been trying to streatch it as well. I was originally only going to unlock one new 'area' a day, but after my trip with Kappn was to a normal island, I unlocked an RV as well haha Still haven't gone into the museum though and am redeeming Nook Miles items one at a time! I almost wish I didnt have enough Miles to do everything at once, because the temptation is real

I’m absolutely taking my time and savoring the update. Like a fine wine lmao. I don’t TT or anything in the first place - things taking more time to discover and accomplish just always felt more satisfying to me.

I’m playing slooowly, no TT’ing for me this time round. AC has always been the best for me when I’m taking it day by day as part of my routine. 💕

Same. Like, this is supposedly ACNH's endgame, and I'll be approaching it as if it really was the final addition of content that this game is getting. I don't time travel, and even though I play it in long sessions, I play this game slowly. Now, I'm not terraforming the island (ok, let me say that I'm probably not going any big changes, just some paths, and some small details if they're needed), so I won't need to spend too much time with that.

I'll try to experience everything the game has to offer, reunite with some friends from this forum (and with some friends who don't post here), hunt the remaining villager's photos, collect more items, and that's it. I played it for around 660 hours before this update - when the game didn't have a lot of content - so I think I'll be spending some decent time with the game now lol

Yes but also no. I'm currently on vacation leave and Ill go back to my regular office grind on tuesday. I want to make the most out of my 4 days off because I wont have much time to play once this long weekend is over. Such is the life of being an adult 🙃

I'm TTing to get some stuff early but not as crazy as before to prevent burnout. I was able to complete my catalog quite early back then because I was trading and TTing like a madman, but I'm going to be more chill this time around 😂

I do will tting a bit, but also taking it slow, like I'm not gonna unlock or try to collect everything within two days or something lol. There's so much stuff to explore and I just loving it.

I had to TT because I was a few days behind, but the only thing I'm "rushing" is ordering miles items for customization on multiple player characters (I want to keep one of each color) Anything else I do whatever the game allows me to do in a day, and I don't look at item lists.

Oh, I am definitely taking my time!

I haven't even gone through the new items in-depth yet. Since I just started my island around a month ago, I feel like there's so much I'm still missing out on in terms of items prior to the update >< I did see a really pretty teacup thing in the Nook Miles catalogue thingie!

I'm really excited to see the new villagers though!

This is me. I reset my island a week before the update and decided no TT. I wanted to recapture the magic I had when I got the game at launch and it's working marvelous.I really am enjoying the slow unlock and discovery.

I think I'm taking it pretty slow, all things considered. lol Stopped time-traveling, didn't bother to finish decorating some parts of the island and saving it till later (including the pier). Overall, just a lazy pace as usual.

Me! Though I've kind of had to take things slow. I started over about a week ago in celebration of this update and I had only unlocked terraforming 2 days ago. So I've mostly been focusing on that.

I did admire the new orderable items at the nook machine and ordered some string lights for my campsite. I also saw a new fence design available so ordered the diy ticket for that.

Otherwise, it's all been terraforming and organizing my island. I haven't been to harvs island yet, haven't even purchased the expansion, (I will when I'm ready for it). Knowing this is the last update, I truly want to draw it all out as much as possible

Glacially slow, in fact! XD

I had restarted a bit back and was sitting on a 2 star island I was meh about.

So I was sitting yesterday with my kids who also play (on their own switches) and they are rampant TTers (no judgement, I just generally am not.) and I thought...MAN, these kiddos are going to be burnt out on everything FAST!

Then I looked back down at my meh island...

I restarted yesterday. Spent a good while resetting for a layout I like + favorite starter fruit and AP color. The only new content I really have access to right now is the stretches, but that's ok. I'm looking forward to enjoying the fullness of everything in due time.

Let's all have fun! :D

I'm taking it somewhat slow. I'm not time traveling so I don't have any of the new crops yet, will only have one shop on Harv's island open today. The museum is currently closed to renovate for the cafe. Other than reedeming most of the new Nook Mile items that's pretty much all I've done. I haven't even moved or changed anything on my island for the new items yet.

I don't mind taking it slow. :)

not only do I want to really stretch it out, I'm also really considering restarting my island and just starting from square one and stretching out my enjoyment of the game from there.

I want to take it slow this time, I started the game when it first released in March 2020 and I def played through it way too fast. I recently restarted my NL town and I've been doing the same thing, playing at my own pace. it's great.

I think you can rush through and still have fun with the update. Especially if you liked the wedding event. HHP is the thing for you.

I'm not I'm time travelling like mad atm collecting new stuff, then once I have a bunch I'll take it slow.

After the Happy Home Paradise DLC came out I realize there is so much more to do and a lot of items to collect, so yeah I will take my time and not rush through stuff.

me!! i’ve never felt so alive with this update and i want to enjoy it as much as i can and not get burnt out like i did last year <3

Back