• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

anyone else do this?

xSuperMario64x

buggy on semi-hiatus
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Spring Sakura
Aurora Easter Egg
Snow Bunny
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Sweet Feather
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
Pink Feather
Purple Feather
do you associate a certain hourly theme with a certain character/event?

I don't do this in NH since KK is in the plaza all day (for some reason), but in past games when he used to show up at 8pm I began to associate the 8pm music with him. so anytime I hear the 8pm music in AC:GCN, Wild World/City Folk, or New Leaf, my mind jumps straight to "oh yeah this is KK time!"

I also tend to associate the 6am music in AC:GCN with the aerobics session, since it happens at that time every day for like a month in July-August and I love doing it every year.

does anyone else do this or is it just me?

Honestly, I listen to the game music at a very feint volume. I’ll never it slightly up from mute, but not completely quiet. I’ll have my own earbuds in and listen to my own music. I do know the type of music that plays when K.K. Slider is at Resident Services, though.

Yes! In NL most of the late night themes make me think of time travelling to go to the island or walking around my town in circles trying to find the tarantula or scorpion. Mainly 11pm, 12am and 2am remind me the most of it. 5am, 6am and 7am all also remind me of waking up early and playing New Leaf on my 3DS while on holiday in summer.

I do not associate Animal Crossing music with NPCs or events. But some days ago I requested „Animal City“ from K.K. Slider. This song made me feel super nostalgic. It’s a feeling I never had before. I’ve been hit by nostalgia countless times. But that time was different. I can’t describe it, but it was so incredibly beautiful, I just needed to share this experience.

Back