• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Annoying types of people on Club Tortimer?

Keldi

-------------------------
Bells
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
ど
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
I've been going to CT alot lately and I've run into quite a few annoying people.
For example, the ones who ask for money. Usually I say I don't have any (the island is usually at night, I'm there to make money lol). I've met somebody who spammed "$$$???????" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and- You get it.
There was a boy who kept saying everybody looked gay or like a $/•+. If you could decipher that, then congrats.
I rarely meet anybody who won't annoy me. If it's an accidental scaring of a bug, I'm cool with it. If it's a new player and they want me to give a tutorial on fishing, diving or bug catching, I'm cool with it.
So I'm just wondering, what is the most annoying type of person you've met on Club Tortimer?

Last edited:
LOL whenever i go to Club Tortimer i pretend like i can't speak english :blush: so whenever someone tries to interact with me, i just use emotions and eventually they leave me alone

buuut! i have been in situations where people just follow me around asking for money like????? make your own???? you're on an island with beetles and sharks and you just?????? i think those are the most annoying people- like, they spent 1k bells to get on the island, and they beg for more when they could eASILY make their own right then and there...

Right? I asked somebody why they won't catch beetles like the rest of us (it was a full island and we split tasks, one girl dived, one dude caught bugs and I fished). And her response was legit: "That's too much work" folloed by "and it takes too long" like, YOU'RE PLAYING A VERY SLOW PACED GAME! XD

I never go to Club Tortimer anymore. One time when I decided to hunt for beetle on CT, amd I had to go to 5 different islands because some kids with lives even more depressing than my own decided to cut down all the trees in all the islands.

Last edited:
I've never understood why people cut all the trees on CT

I've had lots of bad experiences on the island with other people so I've kinda given up on going there

Yeah, I've been a few times to check out the shop and catch day/night items for initiatives, but the people have been depressing.

I usually just block the idiots, then go on a tour before they realise I've gone inside.

so far, i have yet to meet those kinds of kids (yes, i said kids) but the most annoying one I ran into was this person who kept asking me for money in exchange for their hat. They did it passive-aggressively though and I just quickly left and decided to go on an international island instead.

Hunting for wetsuits and kappa-costume items is hard...

I might try and pretend I don't speak english so they won't bother me if I do run into those troublemakers. I also take off every rare thing off of me so it looks like I just started my game recently. Seems to work pretty flawlessly.

Last edited:
Sometimes I'll say no to the people asking for money and then they shut off the wifi.
Yesterday, some guy only said "You suck. CRASH"....took 20 minutes for the internet to actually crash....

I get annoyed when ever people try to ask me out or ask for a lot of really specific and personal information (yes this actually happened to me a few times).

I get annoyed when ever people try to ask me out or ask for a lot of really specific and personal information (yes this actually happened to me a few times).

Never had that happen to me. Sounds really uncomfortable thpugh :(

I almost always run into decent folk at the club island. Rarely do I ever find someone who is rude or trolling. What gets on my nerves the most is the people who island hop. One person does it and the game saves/loads and then they leave...so it saves/loads. Alright, back to beetle hunting.

Nope! Next person arrives...saves/loads. They maybe stay a few seconds and then go back to island jumping...saves/loads. Rinse repeat for the nth time until I get fed up and disconnect us because I can't even do anything. Other then that there was this one piece of work kid who probably showed up right after the Welcome Amiibo update.

Apparently I didn't have enough medals to their liking. So the entire time they just spammed who much I sucked. And that I sucked ____. Kids these days. So tough hiding behind their 3ds' and monitors.

Last edited:
oh yes I've met many who asked for bells, and the begging starts to get annoying. Though one time this person was begging; our connection cut out and i decided to go back to the island instantly.As I was talking with another person there and luckily she got on the same island again! And so did the begger and we asked them, if you're poor and only had enough money for one ride to the island (thats what they told us), how did you get back? It was very awkward. But funny cause we caught the person out of their own scam.

Other annoying people I dealt with were the people who thought they could control you on the island, like put up a tour so you couldnt leave (this was before the update) and one time someone got angry at me for no reason and as I caught a shark, cut the connection, like I didnt mind she was annoyed with me, i didn't really say anything to her and she wanted me gone, and I would've, once i got the shark in the box, I would of left but she had to cut it out. :/ (its so hard to catch sharks with th normal fishing rods on the island i get so nervous I won't get it.

Usually anyone that tries to talk to me lol I only ever used it to find certain items, not to hang out. It's even worse because almost everyone is under 20.

@Giddy
I can imagine them standing there like "Uh...I don't have money...Just found a money rock" *derp, derpity derp derp de-derpy derp*

@Giddy
I can imagine them standing there like "Uh...I don't have money...Just found a money rock" *derp, derpity derp derp de-derpy derp*

Lol, I can't remember if he replied or just left afterwards, I think he was just silent for a bit and once me and the person got back to talking, forgetting about him, they left XD

One time I accidentally scared a cyclommatus stag that a Japanese player was trying to catch on the island, and she shouted at me in Japanese for ages, and made the angry/crying emotions. It was quite odd but I suppose maybe I was the annoying person that day. Another time someone kept asking me for my friend code and I really didn't want to give it to them, so I just ignored them, but they kept writing theirs out and asking if I'd written it down. They were very pushy!

^ You can't even type in three numbers out in Club Tortimer anymore, after the update. It's kind of annoying, if you're trying to say something that doesn't have anything to do with friend codes.

Also you scared one beetle by accident. It's not like you scared the entire beetle community your whole time there. I'd just say that Japanese player was an immature kid. I remember joining an island at night where two players were fishing and beetle hunting. They had no problem with me joining, so I got a fishing rod. Just as soon as I started, I found a shark and caught it.

Right after I caught it, one of them walked into my screen. Noticed I caught a shark and stopped. I knew they were going to disconnect us. And sure enough they did. Most other times I've ran into decent people though. The only terrible instance was the time this kid decided to cuss at me constantly about how I sucked and how great they were because of how many badges they had.

@TheDuke55
Always find that hilarious when a kid's like" Look at my badges! I'm better! I'm sexier! You suck!" Usually I reply with: "So how many girls(or boys) asked you out because of this?"
They say it like it makes them a god XD

It's very, very annoying.
At the Island Store, there was the 'Kappa Hat' on sale.
Yes, it is a very rare item.
So, two others just joined and when they saw the Kappa Hat, they started making the 'distressed' emote.
I asked them what was wrong.
They said:
"I don't have enough medals!"
"Could you buy it for me?"
I swear the hat cost, like, 15 medals.
Obviously, I had heaps of medals.
But, instead I told them two that I didn't have enough medals either.
One of the fellow members insisted all three of us go on a tour together, so that we could afford the medals.
But, the other one got ticked off and aggressively started swearing at me.
I didn't say anything.
I pretended to be afk, so he would avoid me and leave the island.
The other person asked him to go on a tour, but then he started making threats.
"I'LL HACK U"
"I CAN DETECT UR FACE RIGHT NOW"
"I'M 40 YEARS OLD"
"I KNOW WHAT YOUR TOWN IS"
"GIVE ME THE HAT NOW!"
He really reminded me of an annoyed 6-year old.
Anyways, I stood there for about 10 minutes, acting like I was AFK.
But he didn't stop.
He started saying that he was a 'spy' and he 'works for the police so he could arrest me right now'.
He even went to the frickin extent where he said:
"I'M IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE AND I SEE YOUR MOM!"
While he was talking, I made a quick attempt to leave. But he was waiting at the counter.
And he very coincidently pressed 'go on a tour'.
So, the game kept preventing me to leave.
At last, I just had to flick the Power button.
Lucky for me, I didn't catch anything rare, like a shark, but what I did miss was the Kappa Hat.

Last edited:
Back