• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

This was my hope but not what expected. Of course not everyone going to be happy because something was missed but this is a Hefty update with many high requested features. I am very excited 😊 🎉

Actually they said its the last free major update, I must admit i do not mind paying for DLC but i worry about DLCs content and how much they will give us, for how much and how OFTEN :oops:
As someone else I saw wrote online "guess we'll have to pay for minigames in the future" lol
Post automatically merged:

Wait is that a life size (in game) bonsai tree and if so how the heck did I miss that?! 😳
I was so fixated on the giant torii gate in the back I missed it too!

edit: well technically bonsai trees are just regular trees that were made to be smaller, so a life size bonsai tree is just a tree but haha

But I get what you mean

OMG THE TORII GATE
THE GODS HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS I'M GONNA GO CRY NOW}

Bruh if they add interactive furniture (like in Pocket Camp) that villagers can use... I don't even know what I would do. throw up and cry at the same time I guess.

As someone else I saw wrote online "guess we'll have to pay for minigames in the future" lol
Post automatically merged:

I was so fixated on the giant torii gate in the back I missed it too!

edit: well technically bonsai trees are just regular trees that were made to be smaller, so a life size bonsai tree is just a tree but haha

But I get what you mean
I didn't even notice the torii gate either as I was so fixated on the tree that looks like a bonsai tree but isn't. 😂

I am LOVING the new items we have seen so far
I mean… that cave entrance item looked GORGEOUS and will be so much better than the screens and a ton of rocks trick !

New leave inspo, not mad, thank you hahaha :D

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-15 a las 16.18.27.png

Okay, I'm pretty excited about this update. This is literally the first update I didn't stare at like :|

I wish we could've gotten a Nook's Cranny upgrade. I really don't understand what is so difficult about giving it an upgrade, but okay, I guess. The rest kind of makes up for it. Once people have gathered all new features from the DLC, I'll make a decision about it. I liked what I saw but it's kind of a bummer that I have to pay to change my villagers' house appearance, as well as mine, and I've never played HHD, but having more decoration options is always good in my book.

I'm pretty stoked that many NPCs are coming back and will presumably be available 24/7 on Harvey's Island. I hope this means they'll sell new stuff? We'll see.

FINALLY VILLAGER VISITS AND MORE INTERACTION WITH THEM! I literally haven't played since March because I was doing the exact same thing over and over again. I'll have to tear down half of my island to make room for 50x50 km2 carrot, tomato and potato orchards.

Well... To say the least, and needless to say, November 5th couldn't come fast enough!

I believe most of these were already mentioned by others, but I was secretly hoping that there would be bulk-crafting, bulk-buying, more multiplayer activities, and a more convenient way to decorate, terraform, and waterscape our islands (exactly the way we can for vacation homes in the DLC, especially if we can literally apply the skills we learn there to our own islands).

But, to be fair, I think this 2.0 update definitely makes up for any missing QOL updates. Who knows? Maybe they'll add those in later on! (If they're not considered 'major' changes, at least... Otherwise, they may come out with more paid DLC, which I guess I wouldn't mind if they continue to be as substantial as this.)

Last edited:
I wish we have the option of working at the Roost too. I would pick that over HHP because I can't really design anything. Haha

It's possible they just didn't show it...leaving it up for a surprise.

They said this is the last major free content update so I'm still hopeful for free small content updates in the future. 🤞

The way I see it, we'll still get the Holiday updates we've been seeing for free, but any actual new content (if ever) will cost money

OMG THE TORII GATE
THE GODS HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS I'M GONNA GO CRY NOW}

My island is Kyoto-themed and I tried to build a torii tunnel like the one at Fushimi Inari temple from the stone gates, with thousands of stones. Gotta replace them all now 😬 😀

Also got to spend time until November 5th to collect Nook miles!

that was pretty insane. i spent the entire time screaming and combed back through half of it with my sister which helped me see that the windmill and rococo series are back, baby! let's go! (also potentially astro, ranch and sleek sets.) i only have a few complaints about it.

no cafe mini-game. big sad hours. i knew they'd replaced it with amiibo invites as soon as i saw the phone. cool for some people, especially those who post photos on social media, but not so much for me.

sunny, my beloved. rest in peace with the angels. at least your memory lives on in froggy chair's great return. was hoping for more new/returning villagers than we got, but sasha is cute and shino made me a furry.

no mini-game island. it's what made me scream about kapp'n reappearing, and while the new mystery islands are very cool and interesting, i do still find it odd that the multiplayer for this game -- which they pushed so hard -- was DOA with no real attempt to revive it since.

crops are cool. love them. very cute. they fit the vibe of my island perfectly. one problem? i have no room. i don't have an area big enough to accommodate two patches of crops, let alone several, and scattering them about is kind of ugly ajdkfkglg. might just have to slap it down in front of pekoe's house or make my beach path asymmetrical and Suffer.

also no gracie. rip queen, you deserved better.

overall though? loved it. my highlights? (from what my brain can remember, at least.)

• KATRINA! GET IT, GIRL!
  • harriet is back, and with the mechanic i suggested for her, although all of her hairstyles (that they showed) are kind of meh to me.
  • basically loved the whole merchant's camp thing. having redd there means i might finally get the art exhibit complete.
  • aforementioned return of the rococo series! also loved some of the new items like the bunny plush, the rubber duck and the scrapbook.
  • permanent ladders. gonna slap these bad boys all over my cliffs out-of-sight. i don't have room for more inclines, and they're pretty spaced out. also love that they can be customized.
  • WINDMILL, MY BELOVED.
  • outside abd, that visitors can hopefully use, and the storage shed. love that. makes my crafting area a little redundant, but i might just shrink it a little and place the shed there.

FINALLY VILLAGER VISITS AND MORE INTERACTION WITH THEM! I literally haven't played since March because I was doing the exact same thing over and over again. I'll have to tear down half of my island to make room for 50x50 km2 carrot, tomato and potato orchards.

I can't tear down half my island but as I try and finish as much of my island as possible, I have to keep in mind to leave small plots open for my incoming veggie plants. 😂

I was thinking of planting trees in those spots but not anymore.

So much to do when the new contents are here!

Back