• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

One of the best things about these new furniture/decor items is a lot of them are variations of Pocket Camp items, and I welcome anything possible to get me to walk away from THAT cash grab back into the safe, non-gouging arms of New Horizons

Holy holy crap. I cannot believe all they are adding. IDK where to even start commenting... Nintendo has been listening and adding pretty much anything and everything we've been wanting and then some. I almost feel like I could cry. There's going to be so much to do in this game after the update and getting the expansion. I'm so, so excited!

Also.. FROGGY CHAIR!

Right... I best get back to my island and start shuffling a few things around so I can fit some of new impending items I want on my island like the ability to grow vegetables and then make recipes out of them. 👩🏻‍🍳

i'm so excited for everything!! they surprised me with some things like harv's, mix&matching wallpapers, and the dlc....i hope bulk crafting & buying happen eventually, that's really my only complaint, but maybe they just didn't mention it

I can't tear down half my island but as I try and finish as much of my island as possible, I have to keep in mind to leave small plots open for my incoming veggie plants. 😂

Yeah, I finished mine before leaving the game to collect dust... I have a very small pumpkin patch right in front of my shop, so maybe I could use it for some of the vegetables they'll introduce. I'm not going to tear everything down, of course. I spent way too much time just to tear it down. I wish we'd known they were going to add all of this. That way I could've reserved a plot for them lol.

Well... To say the least, and needless to say, November 5th couldn't come fast enough!

I think most of these were already mentioned by others, but I was secretly hoping for bulk-crafting, bulk-buying, jobs for villagers, more multiplayer activities, and a more convenient way to decorate, terraform, and waterscape our islands (much like we can for vacation homes in the new Happy Home Paradise DLC, especially since we're able to apply the skills we learn there to our own islands).

But, to be fair, I think this 2.0 update definitely makes up for any missing QOL updates. Who knows? Maybe they'll add those in (ideally for free) later on! (If they're not considered 'major' changes, at least... Otherwise, they can come out with more paid DLC, which I guess I wouldn't mind if they will continue to be as substantial as this.)

Well... To say the least, and needless to say, November 5th couldn't come fast enough!

I think most of these were already mentioned by others, but I was secretly hoping for bulk-crafting, bulk-buying, jobs for villagers, more multiplayer activities, and a more convenient way to decorate, terraform, and waterscape our islands (much like we can for vacation homes in the new Happy Home Paradise DLC, especially since we're able to apply the skills we learn there to our own islands).

Well to be fair -- the 'jobs for villagers' feature is included: they work at the little buildings/shops/et cetera that you decorate on the HHP island archipelago.

I can’t seem to upload the photo but by the end of the direct you can see villagers in the sea using floaters! 😱

Omg you’re right! It’s definitely at the DLC resort island though. Wonder if it’s a random action they can do similar to running/playing/BBQing in the plaza.

4D4A7317-CC50-477B-8ECC-A3D498562682.jpeg

Well to be fair -- the 'jobs for villagers' feature is included: they work at the little buildings/shops/et cetera that you decorate on the HHP island archipelago.
Omg, you're right... 😅 There's so much to process/remember here, haha! And I'm probably gonna wait on getting the DLC for now, just to slowly take everything in with this 2.0 update.

Omg, you're right... 😅 There's so much to process/remember here, haha! And I'm probably gonna wait on getting the DLC for now, just to slowly take everything in with this 2.0 update.

Lol I know!!! It's hard to even remember what all was shown! There are so many other little things that I have already forgotten about, I really want to go back and make a detailed list or something hahah.

I'm concerned they've done everything but increase interior room size.

They said we can bring back techniques but never mentioned size changing.

Plus we can walk between thin areas...as if it was the fix for the small rooms.

Back