Candy83

Óhana — Representative
Bells
Switch
5384-7037-2615
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Gold Super Mailbox
The Bell Tree Forums Members,

I recently was able to get Julian as a new villager in my town of Applewin.

He is among 16 listed, as of 01.28.2014, in the top tier of popular villagers according to The Bell Tree Forums.

Julian is the only one, from the list, now in my town. I like him because he's luminous, spirited, and a delight. He is visually dazzling. And I look forward to more time with him residing in Applewin.

I am curious, for those with any of the 16 listees in his/her town, why do you like a given villager? (Why do you like Marshal? Why do you like Stitches? Why do you like Merengue? Why do you like … ?)

The List:
01. Marshal
02. Stitches
03. Merengue
04. Diana
05. Beau
06. Ankha
07. Julian
08. Marina
09. Whitney
10. Fauna
11. Rosie
12. Lolly
13. Fang
14. Tia
15. Zucker
16. Erik​

Thanks!

Candy83

Last edited:
I had Marshal and I hated him. I had Fang and I loved him. Fang moved but I still visit Fang at my friend's town. He still remembers me and my town (pretty neat feature). :3
Right now I have Fauna, Erik, Diana and Beau. I keep them because I have all 10 deer villagers.
Julian would move in if I lose a villager. I like him because he is a fabulous horse and I'm born in the year of the horse.

Last edited:
I love ROSIE because she is just so....happy. She makes my day shine.
I think the only villager she doesn't get along with in my town is Olivia, lol.

I have Julian and I love him because he's so cute and funny. I think I met him before I even started playing the game b/c I was a villager in a friend's town and met him there and I just fell in love with how he talked and how he sent nice letters to me and I was just smitten! Then I was disappointed when I found out WOW this guy is IN DEMAND everywhere
but through some miracle (And generosity on the part of a certain user on here) I was able to achieve my dream of having him in my village!

My other dreamies on this list are Marina and Whitney; I like Marina b/c she's pink and l o l my favourite colour, but also b/c I think her design is fantastic and I like drawing it hehe
Whitney is a wolf and I love all the wolves designs; I think they have the neatest and cleanest design.
Diana is aesthetically pleasing, I think that's the whole bit with her for me. ^^

Merengue wasn't a villager I would have gone for initially but she was a starting villager and she just grew on me. She's the last one left and I just really love her.

I don't have him but Stitches is just stinking cute. Reminds me of a teddy bear I had as a child.

I have Diana and she's cute but will probably let her go once I get her picture.

(And I don't have Tia but she's a freaking TEAPOT.)

I like Julian because the horse villagers are rendered really nicely in new leaf (I didn't care for them in past games) and he's a goddamned unicorn.

I have Julian and I'm counting down the days until he kicks town. He's alright, but I just don't have the room for him.

I had several Julian's in my cycle towns and couldn't wait for those precious days that he pinged to move so I can boot him out. I just couldn't like him no matter what. I wasn't to keen on Marshal, so the first time I got him I gave him to a friend on here. Then I fostered another Marshal for about 3 weeks maybe and actually started to like him. Now I love having him in my town. I already picked up another Marshal today in my other cycle town.

Had Merengue several times and I thought she was boring to have so I got rid of her every time I got her. She's cute but another one I had to boot.

I love having Tia because she fits in with my Zen theme town plus I always liked her. I had most of all the other ones coming thru my cycle towns but honestly I didn't really like any of them enough to keep.

I love Marshal because...well...he's just sooo cute! And his personality fits him perfectly v(^_^v)♪

Last edited:
I have Rosie and Stitches.
Rosie was a random move in in my first town and I just thought she was really cute~
I never understood the hype about Stitches until he moved in from my campsite. He's just adorable in game and I love him.

I got Marshal as a random move-in. He's okay, I guess? Doesn't really do or say anything different to Henry, who I had before him.

I wish he'd give me his sloppy furniture though, or at least put it up in ReTail rather than flytipping it into the ocean in the dead of the night or whatever it is they do. He's just tossed his sloppy sofa :(

I like Fauna because she was just a random move in and now I have bragging rights.

IMO the majority of T1 villagers are overrated. :/

Stitches i love from WW
Marshal i love from meeting him in dream towns
Marina i love from WW
Rosie i love from WW but prefer Tangy
Tia i love because shes just adorable

I have Diana as starter and loved her, not only because she's pretty but she can be funny sometimes and I like her house.

I also have Marina and Marshal from villager reset trick(like them both but I like Marina more because I also had her in WW) and Erik from someone in this forum(the only villager I 'bought').

I don't have any of the top tier villagers but I'm hoping to get Ankha. I mean, c'mon - she's a cat Cleopatra and her eyes are just to die for. <3

Marshal - He was one of my first villagers to move in. Never saw him before (obviously he's a new character) and I thought he was really adorable and I wanted all his furniture. After a while I started to get bored of the smug personality but I didn't have the heart to let him leave. I eventually did though and traded him for Kabuki.
Fauna - I saw her a couple times in the campsite but I never had room for her. When I had 9 villagers I was waiting around for a cranky to appear but then Fauna did again. Despite not liking normals that much, I invited her in and she's been a great addition to my town. She placed her house perfectly next to Genji in my bamboo forest :3 I love her original clothing too so I hope she doesn't change into the damn ducky anytime soon.
Fang - Fang was a random streetpass move in right after my other cranky wolf Lobo moved out! It was a nice surprise since Fang was on my dreamie list for a while... I like him but I might let him leave because his house is in an inconvenient spot (right in front of the plaza and next to the town hall...)

01. Marshal - Cute
02. Stitches - Had him in WW
03. Merengue - Strawberry Shortcake!
04. Diana - I originally didn't have her on my dreamie list, I won an auction for her and now she's one of my favourites. (I kicked out my top dreamie at the time for her)
05. Beau - He's cute and funny
06. Ankha - Egyptian Cat!
11. Rosie - Same name as me, cute and was in The Animal Crossing Movie

Julian is my favourite smug villager, he was also the first smug to move in and I got him from my brother's town. He just seems to work the whole dancing bit smug villagers do, better then other smugs in my opinion, also his catch phrase sparkle works for him. And I love his house. He is never leaving my town. I have another Julian in my cycle town who I got by accident, so weird concidence.

I have Marshal as well who I recently moved in from the campsite. At first I was going through Marshal shock because I never thought I would have gotten him in my game. He's alright, I like him but one day I'll eventually have to get him to leave as I prefer Julian over him. I really like his house even though it's messy. I'm trying my best to not have him change to much in my town.

Merengue, Tia and Zucker I just love them cause they are food related. I would adore having them. I currently have Merengue in my cycling town, can't wait to get her to move into my main game.

Stitches is just too cute, I had him in my old AC games, if I can get him again I will.

Rosie, she's currently in my cycling town, she's cute but not my personal favourite. I'm going to give her to my cousin eventually.

Erik I didn't really care for, he had his charm and I liked his house because it suited him well. He randomly moved in to my town. I had him move to my brother's town later on so he could have 3 deer villagers, Beau, Lopez and Erik.

Back