• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Am I the only one who loves the New Horizons OST?

A lot of the songs kinda just blend in the background for me. I don't find myself humming along like I used to with the other AC games. That said, it also could be because the waves and waterfalls are so loud they basically drown out the music.

I'm glad to find this thread haha! I hadn't played AC since WW when NH came out. I wanted to see what I missed out with New Leaf recently so I got it, and I was expecting a lot from the soundtrack since so many people were saying it was far superior to NH, but it didn't quite hit it for me.

To each their own as they say, but I'm glad to know other people love it too!

I like 05:00 a.m.

I like the treasure-hunting music. (For finding the buried present.)

Most of the rest is inferior especially to “New Leaf.”

I feel like there was (is?) a lot of hate for New Leaf's OST in comparison to previous games, but it's got my favorite songs. Was definitely disappointed by New Horizons' tbh because I was expecting more, but I don't hate it. Like someone else said, it tends to blend into the background for me and isn't super memorable. 11pm and 1am from New Leaf are hard to beat.

It’s very forgettable, that’s my only problem with it. I play with the sound on always and have logged 600+ hours and I couldn’t hum pretty much any of the hourly tunes if you asked. New Leaf is the exact opposite.

Maybe that’s a good thing for some people, that it blends in with the background like that, but I’m personally pretty underwhelmed with it.

I'm used to the soundtrack, especially when I heard it to the first time. If im playing NH, I rather hear the music even if its terrible sometimes like 2PM.

I only like a select songs from NH (5AM, 12PM, and 6PM) everything just sounds the same though...

It’s very forgettable, that’s my only problem with it. I play with the sound on always and have logged 600+ hours and I couldn’t hum pretty much any of the hourly tunes if you asked. New Leaf is the exact opposite.

Maybe that’s a good thing for some people, that it blends in with the background like that, but I’m personally pretty underwhelmed with it.

Funny enough it's the opposite for me, logged 600 hours and that 5pm music is always in my head and I keep humming it. There's only one New Leaf song I can really hum on command, one of the late night ones.

Out of curiosity, how many of you listen to the music through headphones or 'proper' sound system? I find that the switch's build in speakers or a TVs speaker don't do justice to the rich, bassy tunes. The music becomes so much better if you can hear the entire envelope of the sound. I listened to the OST on youtube with good headphones, and it was amazing!

I'm getting used to the tracks. It's not bad and is definitely different. Don't think I can get over the 3am music though ^^;

It makes me lose concentration but maybe that's what Nintendo was going for. For people who should be sleeping at that hour. I guess it worked haha

Out of curiosity, how many of you listen to the music through headphones or 'proper' sound system? I find that the switch's build in speakers or a TVs speaker don't do justice to the rich, bassy tunes. The music becomes so much better if you can hear the entire envelope of the sound. I listened to the OST on youtube with good headphones, and it was amazing!

Headphones make all the sounds way better tbh, def my preferred way to play is with my good headphones in on my bed listening to the tunes.

Funny enough it's the opposite for me, logged 600 hours and that 5pm music is always in my head and I keep humming it. There's only one New Leaf song I can really hum on command, one of the late night ones.
Same I have over 1k hours on new leaf and 500 hours on NH so far, and I don't remember pretty much any NL songs, but I'm always humming NH

I usually play on my TV, so that's how I hear things during gameplay.

However, I've gone through and listened to all the hourly music through good headphones. It's the only way to really hear all the parts and that's just how I listen to music.

I don't hate it, but it's just definitely a different atmosphere-maker than the other games, which were more slightly "whimsical" and curious. This one is just more relaxed, I guess? However, it's just not really as memorable as the GC version, for example. Only a few songs stick out to me, like 5AM. As someone else said, a lot of the tracks are super same-y.

I've been hiding speakers around and playing forest life on them because I sooo prefer it to this soundtrack

I’m pretty much okay with it (could be better) but I can’t stand the 5 PM song for some reason, I have to mute my game it hurts my head :(

i was really not a fan of it at first. i agree it fits the theme of island living well! however i tend to prefer music that's more calming and i find that the ww/nl themes do that more for me.

i do have to say that this video:
watching the musicians play the ost made me like and appreciate it a lot more. still not my favorite and that's okay! i'm sure it'll grow on me as time passes and maybe it will be one some day.

I like it okay! I'm not obsessed with it, but don't hate it either. I think I like NL's better, but part of that is definitely just nostalgia. 3am cracks me up though, it's so funny-sounding. I like to think of it as the game is telling me "go tf to sleep!"

I am one of the people complaining about some of the music. Mainly the day time music that is very upbeat IMO.

None of the songs are bad but the background music I dislike feels like it doesn't blend well into the background. I feel overwhelmed after half an hour of playing before I reduce the volume. I wish there was a volume scale.

On a personal note I have an Auditory Processing Disorder (when I'm trying to focus the music becomes too distracting) though I did not have this same irritant with what I played on NL.

Back