• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

⭐✨All Reviews in one thread ✨⭐

I've got to say...

If we lost gyroids and got gnomes instead....that is not a good exchange. At all.

I'm hoping that some of the things we haven't seen yet are just because they're either going to appear after two weeks or because they plan to add them in free updates.

Maybe it’s just not rain season yet. I hope that’s the case. I really don’t want to have gnomes instead of gyroids. I never use my gnome item as a deco piece in new leaf. Plus I feel like they would not make the gnomes make noises or movements which won’t make em as nice as the gyroids...and if they do make noises and movements, that’s cute very creepy on a gnome).

What the heck is this? Two different types of bamboo wood resource?

zQsIvTW.png

What the heck is this? Two different types of bamboo wood resource?

zQsIvTW.png

Interesting...
Maybe it’s new/young and old bamboo?

EDIT: just saw confirmation in a video—the bamboo with the little leaf is called Young Spring Bamboo!

Last edited:
I’m kinda sad... we’re missing so many characters and it looks like there aren’t many shops to place either... no gyroids, swimming either

ign also said no mulitplayer mini games and no dream suite aka no way of sharing your island with someone else :/

Last edited:
I’m kinda sad... we’re missing so many characters and it looks like there aren’t many shops to place either... no gyroids, swimming either

ign also said no mulitplayer mini games and no dream suite aka no way of sharing your island with someone else :/

Maybe some of these features will come in later updates? That’s what I’m hoping for. Or just later in the game in general. I believe these reviewers only had 3 weeks to play the game.

Maybe some of these features will come in later updates? That’s what I’m hoping for. Or just later in the game in general. I believe these reviewers only had 3 weeks to play the game.

i really hope so! all of the reviews said its really slow pace so maybe there is even more to unlock later on

Online isn’t up yet and will be a day one patch so none of the reviewers have tried the online stuff. Maybe these features haven’t been patched in yet? Just hoping. Or perhaps later on as a free update like how splatoon has periodic updates.

Wow, some of this information concerns me but overall I'm still really excited.
I'm sad that the hourly music isn't available until the resident services is built? LOL but it's whatever... and I really hope we still get gyroids. Why wouldn't they put them in??

I'll be really disappointed if the villager limit isn't 12. I was really really hoping I could squeeze two more in as it's hard for me to narrow down the choices. But oh well...

Kind of ridiculous to have 8 human villagers and I really hate the villager count had to be sacrificed for something this excessive but. Maybe someone'll like having 8 people I dunno.

There better be gyroids in this game. I'm praying that they say that because they just haven't found them yet -- maybe they're just more rare. I really find it hard to believe that Nintendo would get rid of gyroids, ESPECIALLY assuming that Brewster will return.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Just as well as these things answered questions we had, it's caused more to be raised lol.

when people wanted grapes as their native fruit but got persimmons instead :c

some of this info is a little disappointing but i won’t believe anything 100% until i have the game for myself

Maybe persimmons was just added as a joke answer for the poll? There’s been too much official art featuring only the five traditional starters that I highly doubt it would be a native option.

They should know better than to mess with us like that though xD I’ve already decided for myself to keep it, should it be true—persimmons are delicious after all! (Now if I got durian...welcome to Sockstink Island lol)

Last edited:
Loving what I've seen so far. The odd thing is that fish (and assuming bugs) aren't stackable in your pocket. I know they weren't in NL, but neither was just about everything else.

I recall one of them mentioned there are 80 fish and 80 bugs to collect for the Critterpedia.

30FPS even when docked? That is the most disappointing thing about the game thus far :O

I understand in some games like FPS's yeah it makes a world of difference but AC? nah.

really expecting them to update things and add things with the updates. if holidays are locked behind an update, whycant other things be too? plus it'll be much easier to update it now. plus 10 villagers makes sense if they plan yohave more buildings that will be unlocked

Back