• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

⭐✨All Reviews in one thread ✨⭐

i think the reviews are fine- do miss rover and kappn but i think even if they removed them, everyone would be fine as they weren't impactful characters, but of course if not in this one, they'd definitely be missed! i do hope we see brewster as the cafe was cute, fun and enjoyable to be at, especially working there. no gyroids is a bit disappointing- hopefully they come up eventually later in game, or in future updates so can't be hopeless! even if all pwp aren't there yet like dream suite and whatnot, maybe those are things they can update and add in game later? i'm mostly going to time travel, i usually time travel ahead to complete things and then go back to my current date lol. not everything seems perfect, but that's expected, i'm sure the game will have it's own pros and cons~ hoping the pros outweigh the cons <3

I actually like the sound of it being a bit more spread-out and lengthy as far as development goes. I feel like after a month, I had almost gotten everything on Main Street in New Leaf and didn't have many major accomplishments still left to do. I always enjoy the early game in Animal Crossing, so I'm glad it lasts for a little bit.

I actually like the sound of it being a bit more spread-out and lengthy as far as development goes. I feel like after a month, I had almost gotten everything on Main Street in New Leaf and didn't have many major accomplishments still left to do. I always enjoy the early game in Animal Crossing, so I'm glad it lasts for a little bit.

This 100%

I'll stay plenty busy just by moving flowers and trees around, making bells and trying to earn Miles! The early stages of the game, when everything is still really new and "wild" are possibly my favorite. I never felt the need to rush things along.

This is by far my favorite (aka. terrible) review:

But, let's be clear, it's also about claiming new lands and stripping them for resources in the pursuit of consumer goods, and leaving them destroyed and forgotten in your wake.

I may not be displacing a native people or anything like that, but it's still hard to wash off the politics of the frontier when I play. The idea of finding "unoccupied" land and taming it, turning it into an urban society, is so entangled with colonialism that it is impossible to unravel that knot. But the analogy to real-world, extractive colonialism gets much more pointed when it comes to New Horizons' two new mechanics: Nook Miles and crafting.

Using a Nook Miles Ticket to gather enough resources to say, build a few wooden tables, is the first time that Animal Crossing has felt violent to me [...] Devastation laid in my wake. It was like a cutesy cartoon version of what happened as European explorers ventured out into Asia, Africa and the Americas. They took everything.

– Waypoint (Vice)

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
When the worst score is an 8 so far. Seems like it will be great! Anyone else happy to be grinding away for materials the first few weeks? Plus as a community on the forums, we can all help eachother with trading etc. Being a part of this forum community makes the game 2x more fun!

This is by far my favorite (aka. terrible) review:

:rolleyes:

Wow

The funniest/saddest//most wtf part is that it was clearly written by someone who is familiar with the series. Sheesh. Like, interpreting texts and seeing them within cultural contexts is part of what I do for my degree, but this is taking it too far. Thanks for sharing the laugh/facepalm though!

(As a side-note, I do sometimes cringe a bit when I see people talk about "colonizing" their Island, so there is that I guess)

Are bushes really not in the game? :(
Hopefully we at least have plant items without pots then lmao...

Some people have been saying there might be a slow start, but I don't think I mind that. I'm not worried about how fast things are happening, and I'm just going to let things happen as they happen. All of the reviews are so positive, it's making me so much more excited!

the beginning can be kinda slow if you're an excessive player like me (i think i played like 13h yesterday no cap), but with all the crafting materials, the nook miles and the travel vouchers, there's always something to do. if you want to, you can time travel if it's still too chill (like i did). the museum is extremely pretty and i already discovered some new species. it's great so far!

Me: Is this even legal?

Mum: What do you mean?

Me: Timmy + Tommy let me grow and sell weed.

Brother: Wow, did you smoke it?

Mum faints.

Haha, okay. Onto the review.

What I Love
1. Decorate in micros, just like Happy Home Designer.
2. Decorate with furniture outside, just like Happy Home Designer.
3. The Nook Miles +, whereas in New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo you had 4 missions for MEOW coupons a day with an additional 5 free MEOW coupons if you scanned an amiibo for Wisp.
4. The fact when we get the permit, we can reconstruct the river so it is not driving my OCD mad!
5. New furniture items to decorate, with heaps of colours to choose from when you refurbish.
6. Timmy + Tommy sell items the same price Reese paid us in New Leaf.
7. I saw brand new species to catch - like the anchovy!
7. Every feature I wanted in New Leaf is in New Horizons!

What Confuses Me
1. I cannot access the vaulting pole the first day.
2. On certain angles, you cannot see shark fins and gives me heart attacks when I catch the Ocean Sunfish + Whale Sharks.

What I Hate
1. Spiders and Tarantulas returns.
2. We don't have Cyrus, and we have to make our own things.
3. We better have the option for golden tools, as breaking the tools every so often is annoying. I know we have a never ending supply of tree branches, but STILL annoying.
4. Storage space on my Switch. I've sold ALL of my switch games in order to play this.

Once every so often, I will change things in my review.

i was a lil heated and irritable b4 the game dropped, but now that it's out all my problems just seemed to melt away. the game is so beautiful in both docked and handheld mode. the ui is extremely beautiful in my opinion, i just luv looking at the nookphone and my inventory. the villagers are pretty cool, i find myself having more opinions on them in this game compared to past games (that may be because of the updated appearances, or it could be that mira is mean). earning bells seems to be surprisingly easier compared to new leaf, and upgrading my house has been pretty cool. i wish i could access my crafting material from storage in my house, though (but that's alright im still thriving). i can see myself playing this game for a long time, 10/10 game.

When it comes to the overall rating, one word: A m a z i n g

9/10

There are few minor complaints though:

- New Animalese voices (Some voices sound a bit too similar to one and another)
- It has less Special NPCs than in New Leaf (But it think they'll be more in future updates)
- Villagers already tired of chatting after few times and the dialogues are also quite repetitive

But still, it's a great game to play when stuffs happening outside

Back