• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Adding a 4th character and loosing the plot reset ability…?

aimeekitty

Bells
So I'm mostly pretty happy with all my villagers. I guess I might at some point decide to switch one out, but right now I'm more focused on designing my town. I have 3 characters and all their QR spots are full and that's only of paths? I have no space for clothes or space to make a full water way set, etc.

So I think I'd like to do the 4th character. I guess I could always just remember what QRs I put on her and keep her house smallish, so in case I need to switch out a villager character and plot reset later it won't be a ton of work?

How did you make your choice about this?

ahh i'm in the same situation actually, but i decided not to make a 4th character. i really do want more qr codes, but i don't want to risk having a villager move in (if i end up in a tt accident) and not being able to plot reset for them... if you do end up deleting your 4th character to plot reset, you'd have to remake the character and repath, then repeat this every time you have a new villager which makes no sense?? but if you do want a fourth character, i suggest you have all your dreamies so you wouldn't have to plot reset. good luck!

I have the exact same problem. If your happy with your villagers, I suggest putting in your 4th character. I'm stupid, and planned to fully decorate all of my characters, so if my Dreamies decide to move out, I can't plot reset. What you have in your mind is the right track.

i have four characters. whenever a new character moves in, i move forward one day on the ds, then i open the game. when the villager on the screen walks around, you'll be able to see if there's a plot laid out. it's time consuming, but it's worth it since i have more qr codes.

I can't relate, I don't like having many human characters...
I only have/use my mayor,
and I have Camper, a second character living in a tent in a corner of my townthat I only use for patterns. Hahahaha!

Plot resetting is a must for me, so I would never have 4 characters.
If you really want one though, sure, keep him/her easy to replace I guess?

I can't relate, I don't like having many human characters...
I only have/use my mayor,
and I have Camper, a second character living in a tent in a corner of my townthat I only use for patterns. Hahahaha!

Plot resetting is a must for me, so I would never have 4 characters.
If you really want one though, sure, keep him/her easy to replace I guess?

I only have one character, too. I'd be too jealous of myself if my villagers started talking about my mule.

oh my… I like having the QR codes for paths in different areas so much that I couldn't bear even have less than 3… it took up all my mayors QR slots just to have the main path in my town, not including any water or secondary paths or the QR for my face standee..

I think I will just try to keep my 4th character's house very small so I won't feel bad if I have to delete her if I have an accident or decide to switch one out later. Right now I pretty much have all my dream villagers. The only thing I feel bad about is loosing drago and kid cat… but I don't want to do the 16 cycle badly enough, and I like their replacements well enough.

I think I am the only person that doesnt use the plot reset cheat. XD

I'm currently also contemplating on having a fourth character incase I need to plot reset in the future, but I'm going to go ahead and do a 4th character. :)

this is exactly wwhy i havve natural paths so i wwouldnt need to create extra unnecessary characters. im sorry for you though. try to get all your dreamies first so that afterwwards you can landscape howwevver youd like

I think I am the only person that doesnt use the plot reset cheat. XD

I don't plot reset either.
I have had 4 characters since day one (June 9th) and I dont' regret it at all.
All villagers are welcome in my town. I might not like where they put their house, but I deal with it while they are living in town. But yes, I'm glad when they finally move out. On to the next new villager I get to meet and hang out with.

I don't plot reset either.
I have had 4 characters since day one (June 9th) and I dont' regret it at all.
All villagers are welcome in my town. I might not like where they put their house, but I deal with it while they are living in town. But yes, I'm glad when they finally move out. On to the next new villager I get to meet and hang out with.

Same here. I get annoyed when they move onto a path, but I just redo the path around them

Back