• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

That feeling when you get barged in on, when you are arranging furniture. .-------.

I hate how every time I arrange a time to meet my villagers, I ALWAYS forget to do just that, no matter how close the appointed time is. This just happened to me today after I realized it.

I hate how every time I arrange a time to meet my villagers, I ALWAYS forget to do just that, no matter how close the appointed time is. This just happened to me today after I realized it.
I agree. Sometimes, we get distracted, and not think about it. I hope new horizons gets rid of scheduled visits. .-.

It makes more sense for villagers to just be like “Hey, let’s go over to my house right now!” Or “Hey, can we go over to your house right now?”

agreed and then i always feel so bad that i forgot :c

Never mind, the automatic dispenser is in the post office 😭

I still think there should be someone else at the plaza and still be able to set down Public works projects though.

Last edited:
I hate most holidays in NL. I cannot even pay off my house, deposit my bells, or convert my CAT coupons into bells, due to it being Labor Day. We need someone else to fill in Isabelle's role at the town hall on days she is out.
Ah yes, that reminded me of a horrible experience I had 10 years ago with the game. On my first town of Westport, I finished the Café donations. But the next two days after were a holiday. I couldn’t host the ceremony on the day it was opened because of a fishing tourney. Isabelle even asked about the event when the event was already over. The next day, was another holiday, so the town hall was closed. Because I was frustrated since that meant I have to host the ceremony two days late, I canceled the ceremony. This was the biggest regret I had in ACNL to the point that I wanted to delete that town. I eventually did delete it after living for four months. But yeah, you should be able to host ceremonies on the day after donations are completed, holiday or no holiday.

Ah yes, that reminded me of a horrible experience I had 10 years ago with the game. On my first town of Westport, I finished the Café donations. But the next two days after were a holiday. I couldn’t host the ceremony on the day it was opened because of a fishing tourney. Isabelle even asked about the event when the event was already over. The next day, was another holiday, so the town hall was closed. Because I was frustrated since that meant I have to host the ceremony two days late, I canceled the ceremony. This was the biggest regret I had in ACNL to the point that I wanted to delete that town. I eventually did delete it after living for four months. But yeah, you should be able to host ceremonies on the day after donations are completed, holiday or no holiday.
nvm The ABD is in the post office 😭😅

Last edited:
8 PM is way too early for Nook’s homes to close. I know there’s the night owl ordinance, but the beautiful town one is crucial for me.

Also, tomorrow is the bug off, which I am looking forward to, but I am not looking forward to Miserabelle (as another user on here, like to call her) telling me I can’t do mayoral duties

I’m having a bad health day in my game… .__.

Not the Town Hall being shut down today, just because of a full moon that’s close to the autumn equinox. Miserabelle really likes to look for excuses to not work. 😂 It’s not even really celebrated in North America anyway, what?

At least I don’t have any specific mayor duties I want to do today, but it’s just ridiculous!! O__o

I mean, I’m in astronomy nerd, you all know that, but it’s no reason to shut an important building down.

And there’s also October 9th, Columbus Day, or Explorer’s Day, as it’s called in Animal Crossing.

I think I am just gonna buy the bug mask on here, because Label(le) refuses to sell it. -.-

Chip doesn’t tell you where you are currently placing unless you give him a fish…

Why, why whhhhy can villagers barge in on us on the same day they were already over?! This happened to me back on February 18, 2020 in a previous town and it happened to me again just a little bit ago today. O____o

also, why can’t you sell mannequins? >_<
I’m literally stuck with the one I got. -.- in my decade of playing, I don’t even think I’ve ever received one until a few weeks ago in my current town. O__o

Last edited:
recently bought new leaf and been actively playing it for the first time in years, honestly the small inventory/pocket size is something i completely forgot about and man it sucks

recently bought new leaf and been actively playing it for the first time in years, honestly the small inventory/pocket size is something i completely forgot about and man it sucks
At least you can stack fruits on top of each other. And the tool you carry doesn’t count as one of the inventory items.

tracking down villagers is extremely frustrating in this game. I think the game is glitched because sometimes they don’t even turn up anywhere…even if you look in any possible place they could be. Furthermore, if you want to shuffle the villagers around, sometimes you have to save and quit multiple times just to find them in the town or in their house. -.-

It’s EXTREMELY annoying when a rare mushroom spawns near a special design tree stump, because you have to try very hard to dig up only the mushroom and not the tree stump. Even though they can spawn near normal trees right now, I've still found them near tree stumps a lot more this month.

Also, I've been looking for a mush wall because it's the only item in the set I don't have, but I seem to be finding literally anything else. I even got a duplicate item.

Has anyone been having trouble with their game crashing? This happened to me yesterday, multiple times while I was taking tours on the island the game closed out and lost everything I've done. I've never had this happen before. But it's really frustrating and worrisome

Has anyone been having trouble with their game crashing? This happened to me yesterday, multiple times while I was taking tours on the island the game closed out and lost everything I've done. I've never had this happen before. But it's really frustrating and worrisome
How long had you had ACNL?

Back