• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

Yeah, I’m happy to see Mint make it this far as well. I also am pleased to see Fang this high. 😁

Yeah, #3 is very good considering the circumstances in which she made the Top 140. 😅 I like both Fang and Mint, so I don’t care who wins. 🤣

Oh wow at her reminding you of your daughter. 😃 I love the pictures! 💖 Sorry that you’re not too pleased with the Top 2... 😔😅

ha, thanks for your sympathy. Some of the wolves who I originally didn’t like at all have been growing on me lately (Kyle came to my campsite and he did not seem creepy like I had expected), so as a stubborn person I think I have mentally been doubling down on disliking them :ROFLMAO:.

seriously, I need to dislike some of them! I can’t end up having 300+ ‘favorites’

ha, thanks for your sympathy. Some of the wolves who I originally didn’t like at all have been growing on me lately (Kyle came to my campsite and he did not seem creepy like I had expected), so as a stubborn person I think I have mentally been doubling down on disliking them :ROFLMAO:.

seriously, I need to dislike some of them! I can’t end up having 300+ ‘favorites’
Ooh, Kyle is a gem! 🤩

2. Fang
1609592073179.png

Average Score:
Rankings:
@Florence + The Machine - 6th
@Asarena - 2nd
@misstayleigh - 5th
@Verecund - 15th
@WaileaNoRei - 23rd
@Emmsey - 3rd
@Pintuition - 9th
Public - 10th (tie)

Just missing the number one spot is Fang. I would have liked to see him win, but I like Mint as well, so I have no complaints. To any Fang fans who are upset, he did technically have the same overall score as Mint, however, as a tiebreaker, the public ranked Mint higher than Fang, so Mint got the win. I am a big fan of wolf villagers and I think Fang has one of the more unique villager designs. He has what I believe to be make-up on his eyes, which definitely stands out amongst the other villagers. I also really like the sweater he is wearing in New Horizons. Overall, while I am a little disappointed to not see him get the top spot, it is comforting to know he was so close to getting it.

Ranker/Public Write-Ups
@Asarena - Fang was my favorite villager in the GameCube game. Wolves have always been one of my favorite animals, and at that time I think they were my number one favorite animal. Just imagine how excited I was back then when I first saw Fang move in. I remember child me writing him a lot of letters. Of all the wolves, Fang is probably the one that looks the most like what I imagine when I think of an actual wolf. Some people may find his gray color boring, but, even ignoring that he's colored that way to mimic the colors of a gray wolf, I feel like the touches of color that he does have do add a lot. He has yellow sclera, purple eyelids, and pink inner ears. If you're not a fan of villagers that look more like actual animals, then you may not like Fang, but I've always been a fan of both natural and more unique villagers. Fang also have a nice cozy interior for his house. The exterior does have a bit too much cream color for my liking, but it's kind of cute.
Fang_NH.png

@WaileaNoRei - the thing is, Fang and Whitney are the same design. And Fang and Chief are also identical to me. And I feel like there is another wolf villager I am forgetting, who also looks the same. Obviously, I just don’t like the wolf design enough. Unlike what I said about the cats, I think the wolves mostly look all the same, and none of them really got very distinct designs that make them stand out. (maybe skye, who has those silly eyes). To me Fang also just does not fit his personality type. The crankies are a colorful, grumpy, chaotic bunch, and he’s just pretty and bland. I feel maybe as a smug I would like him more, it seems like it might fit him better. Or as a snooty – because he is the same villager as Whitney and she at least works for her type. Anyway, I know he is the favorite of a fellow judge, so sorry! Nothing against his fans, I am just not one.
B1DD4962-3EB2-4C19-B1DB-9EA42F8CA66F.jpeg

@Emmsey - fang was a real grower for me. I got him from a mystery island and was my second cranky alongside Kabuki but I found him to be really endearing. He wasn’t your typical old man just one that liked to remember ‘the good old days’. His design is simple and smart much like his house. What’s not to like about this delightful wolf.

1. Mint
1609593271378.png

Average Score:

Rankings:
@Florence + The Machine - 8th
@Asarena - 7th
@misstayleigh - 17th
@Verecund - 2nd
@WaileaNoRei - 17th
@Emmsey - 10th
@Pintuition - 6th
Public - 6th

When I first started this, I would have never thought that Mint would end up taking the crown. However, despite my surprise, I am pleased to see her get this immense amount of positive recognition. Her eyes are really cute and like others have mentioned, her fur color is really nice. She also has a really nice house interior. I’m guessing Mint won because her design is pretty inoffensive. She is primarily one color, plus she’s cute, without being too cute to the point it is perceived as unattractive to some. Overall, I’m so happy I decided to post this thread and I hope everyone is content with the final result!

Ranker/Public Write-Ups
@Asarena - I really love mint. Mint is one of my favorite colors, so I really like her fur color and her house. Her expression is pretty simple and cute as well.

@Verecund - If I was to add up the total length of time that each villager has spent in one of my towns, Mint would take the top spot, no contest. I've had her in seven of my eight towns so far (all but my NH one), so while Filbert may be my favourite, I have a bond with Mint unlike anyone else and she's easily in my top five. I love the snooties, plus she's super cute (and a squirrel)! Who couldn't love that?
MintPicACNH.png

Last edited:
Congrats Mint and Fang - who’d have called it? Thanks @Bk1234 for organising was great to get involved even if my faves didn’t place as high as I would have liked!

Congrats Mint and Fang - who’d have called it? Thanks @Bk1234 for organising was great to get involved even if my faves didn’t place as high as I would have liked!
I know, I would have never guessed! 🤣 I’m glad you enjoyed being a ranker. 😁

Yay, I'm so glad Mint won! :D It's nice to see an underrated villager (and a squirrel!) do so well! Congrats to Fang as well; I wasn't as enthusiastic about him but those scores were super close and I didn't think he would get this far.

I’m guessing Mint won because her design is pretty inoffensive. She is primarily one color, plus she’s cute, without being too cute to the point it is perceived as unattractive to some.
I totally agree with this! I had a feeling from the beginning that Mint would do better than my other favourites for that same reason; in my experience she seems to be one of those villagers where it's relatively uncommon to find someone who outright dislikes her, which definitely helps here.

Thanks for hosting this game! It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed doing the rankings and seeing everyone's opinions on the villagers!

Congrats Mint and Fang! Mint was one of my original villagers when I first started NH- she was great! I let her go because she had a starter home but I'd love to bring her back someday. Funny enough on my other island Fang is actually at the campsite today. I'm going to try to bring him to my island!

Doing these rankings was super fun- I'm so glad we had a great group of judges and a great host too! I think in the end we settled on a great group of villagers, there's something for everyone on the list!

Yay, I'm so glad Mint won! :D It's nice to see an underrated villager (and a squirrel!) do so well! Congrats to Fang as well; I wasn't as enthusiastic about him but those scores were super close and I didn't think he would get this far.

I totally agree with this! I had a feeling from the beginning that Mint would do better than my other favourites for that same reason; in my experience she seems to be one of those villagers where it's relatively uncommon to find someone who outright dislikes her, which definitely helps here.

Thanks for hosting this game! It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed doing the rankings and seeing everyone's opinions on the villagers!
I love the new profile picture! 😁 Yeah, I’m happy that an underrated villager took the crown. Yeah, that’s true, I haven’t really seen anyone who outright dislikes her. Yes, it was nice to see everyone’s opinions on villagers. 😅

Congrats Mint and Fang! Mint was one of my original villagers when I first started NH- she was great! I let her go because she had a starter home but I'd love to bring her back someday. Funny enough on my other island Fang is actually at the campsite today. I'm going to try to bring him to my island!

Doing these rankings was super fun- I'm so glad we had a great group of judges and a great host too! I think in the end we settled on a great group of villagers, there's something for everyone on the list!
I thought Mint was Snooty? Maybe you got mixed up with another villager, since I don’t think it’s possible for her to be in a starter home. 🤔 Yeah, we had a great group of judges and I agree that we came down to a nice Top 24!

Wow, I never would have thought that Mint would win! However, I have her in my gamecube town and I'm really taking a shine to her! I would've probably preferred Fang to win, but that's because I'm biased about villagers on my island. However, I really enjoyed watching the rank down! I hope you do something like this again soon! And congrats to Mint and Fang!

I love the new profile picture! 😁 Yeah, I’m happy that an underrated villager took the crown. Yeah, that’s true, I haven’t really seen anyone who outright dislikes her. Yes, it was nice to see everyone’s opinions on villagers. 😅

I thought Mint was Snooty? Maybe you got mixed up with another villager, since I don’t think it’s possible for her to be in a starter home. 🤔 Yeah, we had a great group of judges and I agree that we came down to a nice Top 24!
Nope. It is possible! She was one of the random 3 move-ins. They all have starter homes as well!

Congrats to our winner, Mint! I never would have expected her to take the crown, but she’s pretty cute so I can accept it.

Honestly it’s kinda bittersweet that this marks the end of the competition. Big thanks to @Bk1234 for organizing everything! I had a great time being a judge, and I would love to participate again if you decide to do something similar in the future. Also thanks to my fellow judges (and some of the members of the public who were active in the thread). I enjoyed learning about everyone and their unique tastes!

Wow, I never would have thought that Mint would win! However, I have her in my gamecube town and I'm really taking a shine to her! I would've probably preferred Fang to win, but that's because I'm biased about villagers on my island. However, I really enjoyed watching the rank down! I hope you do something like this again soon! And congrats to Mint and Fang!
Yeah, I’m pleasantly surprised! 😅 Yeah, I would’ve preferred Fang to win, but I’m still happy. 😁 I’m glad you enjoyed watching!

I've never seen this squirrel before in my life but I am digging her fur colour haha
Yeah, her fur color is really nice! 😍

Congrats to our winner, Mint! I never would have expected her to take the crown, but she’s pretty cute so I can accept it.

Honestly it’s kinda bittersweet that this marks the end of the competition. Big thanks to @Bk1234 for organizing everything! I had a great time being a judge, and I would love to participate again if you decide to do something similar in the future. Also thanks to my fellow judges (and some of the members of the public who were active in the thread). I enjoyed learning about everyone and their unique tastes!
Yeah, it’s been so fun to see everyone’s takes on the different villagers! ☺️

Haha, I am glad Fang didn’t win at least, and also glad I was not too harsh in my comments.

very small clarification - I ranked Mint at 17 and Fang at 23.

Mint is...okay. I am trying to reevaluate her given her popularity in this event.

I love her eyes, and her blush spots.

I like her color, in the sense that it is not too washed out and unique in that no other villager is that color.

am I the only one who has weird flashbacks to like 2011 when for like 6mo to a year all clothing was mint green? I don’t know why, but it comes to mind whenever I look at her. It gives me that feeling like when you look back at pics of yourself wearing now outdated clothes that you know you once thought were very cool (whether fashionable, daring, etc).

I’ve never seen her in game, and maybe that’s what would win me over to her.

I’m really going to miss this, it was nice to have it to look forward to every week, and I really enjoyed participating and defending my personal faves.

it was a wonderful experience! Thanks @Bk1234 and my fellow judges! I hope we can do something like this again someday, though I am sure it took a ton of time and effort to put together!

💛💚💙💜💙💚💛🧡

Haha, I am glad Fang didn’t win at least, and also glad I was not too harsh in my comments.

very small clarification - I ranked Mint at 17 and Fang at 23.

Mint is...okay. I am trying to reevaluate her given her popularity in this event.

I love her eyes, and her blush spots.

I like her color, in the sense that it is not too washed out and unique in that no other villager is that color.

am I the only one who has weird flashbacks to like 2011 when for like 6mo to a year all clothing was mint green? I don’t know why, but it comes to mind whenever I look at her. It gives me that feeling like when you look back at pics of yourself wearing now outdated clothes that you know you once thought were very cool (whether fashionable, daring, etc).

I’ve never seen her in game, and maybe that’s what would win me over to her.

I’m really going to miss this, it was nice to have it to look forward to every week, and I really enjoyed participating and defending my personal faves.

it was a wonderful experience! Thanks @Bk1234 and my fellow judges! I hope we can do something like this again someday, though I am sure it took a ton of time and effort to put together!

💛💚💙💜💙💚💛🧡
I knew you’d be happy about Fang not winning. 🤣 OMG, thanks for telling me! That’s what I get for trying to do two at the same time. 😂 I’m glad you’re trying to reevaluate Mint, she does have very cute eyes. 😁 I’m glad you enjoyed looking forward to this! 😊 Who knows, maybe an ACNH Villager Rankdown 2.0 could come in the future? 🤔

Squirrel power wins in the end at least. I love those little fluffy guys and gals. She isn't like my 1-5 picks of them, but she is a pretty color at least.

I'm glad Fang placed so high in the end! My other top 4 placed 24, 21, and 20, so I'm glad at least one of my top 4 ended up near the top. I'm surprised Mint ranked #1, but she's really cute, so it makes sense~

Also, the comment about liking Fang more as a smug is interesting to me because I definitely prefer him as a cranky. Something about him being a grumpy wolf made me like him from the first time he showed up in my GameCube town

Last edited:
Squirrel power wins in the end at least. I love those little fluffy guys and gals. She isn't like my 1-5 picks of them, but she is a pretty color at least.
I love the squirrels a lot too! ☺️
Post automatically merged:

I'm glad Fang placed so high in the end! My other top 4 placed 24, 21, and 20, so I'm glad at least one of my top 4 ended up near the top. I'm surprised Mint ranked #1, but she's really cute, so it makes sense~

Also, the comment about liking Fang more as a smug is interesting to me because I definitely prefer him as a cranky. Something about him being a grumpy wolf made me like him from the first time he showed up in my GameCube town
Yeah, at least one of your Top 4 places high! 😅 I also prefer him as a Cranky, but everyone has their opinions. 🙂

VERY late but just wanted to say congrats Mint (Def not expected but a very cute and deserving winner imo) and thank you to @Bk1234 and the judges for this amazing rankdown! I loved following along with it until the very end!
I’m glad you’re happy with the winner! Thank you for following along! ☺️

Back