ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

I wish I could have put Reneigh higher on my list because she's pretty cool! I love the teal and light pink in her design and how it contrasts with the brown. She's a bit too similar to Annalise, but I like Reneigh's design better. Despite being 14th on my list, I'd have been happy with a Reneigh victory.

Awww, I love Reneigh so much! I regret ranking her so low! I really love the sisterly personality type and also think they have some of the best (or if you are not as fond, at least most unique) designs in the game! So I just never noticed Reneigh much, plus I was not sure I liked the horse villagers (their heads kind of look like peanuts sometimes)

Then I got her as a starter on my new island (yes, I wish I could get her real house!) and she is just wonderful. Her styling is so cool/ pretty, but she is still cute! She has the play hobby! Watching her run all over is adorable! She looks good in clothes - even the random sweater she buys from your inventory!

I wish she was higher on this list, even though being in the top 5 is an amazing result!

Reneigh is probably my favorite from the new villagers, so it is nice to see her do well in this ranking.

The top five...
Two cats
One wolf
One squirrel
One horse
One snooty
One sisterly
One cranky
One peppy
One normal
Four females
One male

It's interesting how there's one of each of all of the female personality types~

I love this! Thanks! While it seems a bit sad that we ended up with two cats (even though I like them both) it also seems pretty on track with how popular cat villagers are. And I personally don’t like the wolf villagers, but they are another popular species. Have to say that I am surprised (and just a bit sorry) we don’t have a deer represented.

I really like that we have ended up with all 5 being different types, it’s nice to see the representation of different personality types - especially my 3 favorite types - sisterly, normal, and peppy.

I love Reneigh, but evidently it was not meant to be :cry: Very surprised to see she was the public's #1 villager! She definitely deserves the appreciation.

Not the biggest fan of the 4 villagers left, and if I had to guess, I think Mint or maybe Kiki will be the next one eliminated. I'm also going to guess that Merry will be the one to win the competition. Her popularity exploded in NH, and she's undeniably very cute. She always gets mentioned now when people ask for peppy recommendations when she used to be ignored in favor of other popular peppies like Ruby or Rosie or Tangy.

Just saw that Roald is #7. Well deserved. Apollo only #140, what a shame. Same with Phoebe at #88.

I see Zucker hasn't been posted yet so hopefully he'll become ranked!

NO! The queen is dead everyone! Long live queen Reneigh, the true winner in my heart, at the very least!
In all seriousness, seeing Reneigh rank at #5 overall and get the #1 ranking from the public is both mind-blowing to me (Especially over villagers like Merry and Roald) and also so exciting! Finally getting the recognition she deserves. I'm also very elated to see her rank the highest of all the NH-exclusive villagers. Though I think Cyd and Megan are both highly underrated too, Reneigh definitely takes the cake as the best newbie for me. I could gush about her all day, and though I'm disappointed she didn't win, fifth place out of 391 is not something to scoff at.
Of the final 4, I'm definitely pulling for me girl Kiki now, but if Mint won I would not be mad either, same with Merry. Fang is very bleh to me, so he's who I'm hoping gets eliminated next.

NO! The queen is dead everyone! Long live queen Reneigh, the true winner in my heart, at the very least!
In all seriousness, seeing Reneigh rank at #5 overall and get the #1 ranking from the public is both mind-blowing to me (Especially over villagers like Merry and Roald) and also so exciting! Finally getting the recognition she deserves. I'm also very elated to see her rank the highest of all the NH-exclusive villagers. Though I think Cyd and Megan are both highly underrated too, Reneigh definitely takes the cake as the best newbie for me. I could gush about her all day, and though I'm disappointed she didn't win, fifth place out of 391 is not something to scoff at.
Of the final 4, I'm definitely pulling for me girl Kiki now, but if Mint won I would not be mad either, same with Merry. Fang is very bleh to me, so he's who I'm hoping gets eliminated next.

i agree with you so much that I am going to give mint another look to see if maybe I will love her!

(truthfully the mint green color/ name gives me weird flashbacks to that year I bought like every piece of clothing in mint green...why?? 😂)

4. Kiki
1609420158701.png

Average Score:
Rankings:
@Florence + The Machine - 21st
@Asarena - 14th
@misstayleigh - 1st
@Verecund - 19th
@WaileaNoRei - 3rd
@Emmsey - 8th
@Pintuition - 11th
Public - 2nd

Kiki is a villager that I have always found to be a tad bit overrated. I find the combination of her nose and eyes to be very creepy, which I guess works considering she’s a black cat. She has never appealed to me, but maybe that’s just because I have never met her in-game. In terms of Kiki’s placement I am not upset, in fact I would argue that she should be lower. However, Kiki definitely has her fans, with her coming in 2nd in the public’s eyes and receiving many high placements from the rankers. I am pleased to see Merry as the #1 cat!

Ranker/Public Write-Ups
@Florence + The Machine - I don't really like the cats as much as some other people do. Kiki's not bad, but there are a lot of other normals I prefer over her.

@Asarena - I really like Kiki. She reminds me of Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service, and I loved that movie as a child. Well, I still love it now. Also, I know in Filbert's write-up I complained about how his eyes are just big black circles surrounded by bigger white circles, and Kiki's eyes are similar, but it works for her. I guess the sclera being yellow and the fact that she's a cat helps. The only thing that kind of throws me off is her red mouth, but other than that she's a cute black cat. Didn't I say these were going to be brief write-ups...?

@misstayleigh - Oh, Kiki! You are truly the cutest. The cat villagers are my favorite species in this game, and Kiki is probably my favorite of them all. She looks just like my black cat, Blackjack, who has been my best buddy for 18+ years. I love that she also has the education hobby in this iteration, because it’s so cute seeing her walk around with a book and glasses! She is also one of the nicest villagers and I just totally buy the premise of a sweet black cat that wants to be your best friend. Maybe art imitates life, after all <3

@WaileaNoRei - Kiki is such a simple design, yet still so fun and cute. Her big google eyes, and her smush nose are just odd enough to be interesting, and the details like the black on lighter black stripe on her tail are so cute. When she is crafting her face looks totally insane, and her eyes behind the reading glasses are hilarious. She’s also just plain adorable, and perfect as a normal villager. I like that she is sweet and gentle and simple looking without needing to be pastel/ muted color palette, as I tend to like more earth tone and dark colored villagers (or so I am discovering). A strength of the cats as a species in general is that they mostly look so different that it doesn’t fee repetitive to have more than one on your island. While I had Kiki and Tabby at the same time I honestly forgot they were the same species. Obviously, Kiki is not at the level of favoriteness as Tabby and Bangle, but she’s pretty great, and I feel she has a lot of mass appeal. Black cats need more love too
286F17EB-E5C2-4B39-BBF3-30E3D3920F83.jpeg
2020090509403900-02cb906ea538a35643c1e1484c4b947d-jpg.331040
1609420749448.png

Attachments

• 1609420612188.png
    1609420612188.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 1609420750926.png
    1609420750926.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Ahhh RIP Kiki! I don't mind Kiki much, but she's just not my favorite. I definitely prioritized other villagers over her in my ranking. I've never run into her in the game yet, maybe my opinion would change if I had her on my island. I may have her amiibo but I'm not positive. I think a lot of finding out you like villagers involves actually having them live on your islands or knowing them from the past. I tended to rank ones I didn't know in that 10-15 spot neutral zone.

We're getting into the final countdown now- I wonder who's going to win!

I wish I could have put Reneigh higher on my list because she's pretty cool! I love the teal and light pink in her design and how it contrasts with the brown. She's a bit too similar to Annalise, but I like Reneigh's design better. Despite being 14th on my list, I'd have been happy with a Reneigh victory.
It's funny that you mention Annalise since when I was hunting for Reneigh, I thought I had found Annalise but then I was pleasantly surprised to see Queen Reneigh! :giggle:

Awww, I love Reneigh so much! I regret ranking her so low! I really love the sisterly personality type and also think they have some of the best (or if you are not as fond, at least most unique) designs in the game! So I just never noticed Reneigh much, plus I was not sure I liked the horse villagers (their heads kind of look like peanuts sometimes)

Then I got her as a starter on my new island (yes, I wish I could get her real house!) and she is just wonderful. Her styling is so cool/ pretty, but she is still cute! She has the play hobby! Watching her run all over is adorable! She looks good in clothes - even the random sweater she buys from your inventory!

I wish she was higher on this list, even though being in the top 5 is an amazing result!

I love this! Thanks! While it seems a bit sad that we ended up with two cats (even though I like them both) it also seems pretty on track with how popular cat villagers are. And I personally don’t like the wolf villagers, but they are another popular species. Have to say that I am surprised (and just a bit sorry) we don’t have a deer represented.

I really like that we have ended up with all 5 being different types, it’s nice to see the representation of different personality types - especially my 3 favorite types - sisterly, normal, and peppy.
The designs are definitely unique, but the only ones that really appeal to me are Reneigh, Fuchsia, and Pashmina. I would have liked to see her make Top 3, but alas, Top 5 out of 391 is still great! I wish there were more deer in the Top 24. :cry:

I love Reneigh, but evidently it was not meant to be :cry: Very surprised to see she was the public's #1 villager! She definitely deserves the appreciation.

Not the biggest fan of the 4 villagers left, and if I had to guess, I think Mint or maybe Kiki will be the next one eliminated. I'm also going to guess that Merry will be the one to win the competition. Her popularity exploded in NH, and she's undeniably very cute. She always gets mentioned now when people ask for peppy recommendations when she used to be ignored in favor of other popular peppies like Ruby or Rosie or Tangy.
I was pleasantly surprised to see her as the public's #1! Yes, she definitely deserves it. That's true, Merry's popularity has exploded. We'll see if that carries over to this... 🤔

Just saw that Roald is #7. Well deserved. Apollo only #140, what a shame. Same with Phoebe at #88.

I see Zucker hasn't been posted yet so hopefully he'll become ranked!
I'm glad you're happy to see Roald at #7. I was also disappointed to see Apollo ranked so low! I'm not sure if Zucker made the Top 140.

I had a feeling you'd be upset by her ranking. #4 was just posted now!

Ahhh RIP Kiki! I don't mind Kiki much, but she's just not my favorite. I definitely prioritized other villagers over her in my ranking. I've never run into her in the game yet, maybe my opinion would change if I had her on my island. I may have her amiibo but I'm not positive. I think a lot of finding out you like villagers involves actually having them live on your islands or knowing them from the past. I tended to rank ones I didn't know in that 10-15 spot neutral zone.

We're getting into the final countdown now- I wonder who's going to win!
She's not my favorite either. I also haven't run into her in-game.

Kiki is another one I feel bad for ranking so low, because she's always such a sweetheart when I get her in WW and I love getting her there! But in NL they absolutely destroyed her by making her eyes those weird ovals that I just couldn't get over and I guess I haven't fully recovered from that despite them having been fixed in NH. I also thought her nose sometimes looked hollow pre-NH which I found kind of creepy. I'd like to get her in NH to try and get the same love for her that I used to have, because I think I forget/underestimate how much I like Kiki when I don't have her.

Kiki is another one I feel bad for ranking so low, because she's always such a sweetheart when I get her in WW and I love getting her there! But in NL they absolutely destroyed her by making her eyes those weird ovals that I just couldn't get over and I guess I haven't fully recovered from that despite them having been fixed in NH. I also thought her nose sometimes looked hollow pre-NH which I found kind of creepy. I'd like to get her in NH to try and get the same love for her that I used to have, because I think I forget/underestimate how much I like Kiki when I don't have her.
Yeah, I also am not a fan of the present look of her eyes. 😕

3. Merry
1609506797426.png

Average Score:
Rankings:
@Florence + The Machine - 7th
@Asarena - 19th
@misstayleigh - 9th
@Verecund - 3rd
@WaileaNoRei - 5th
@Emmsey - 13th
@Pintuition - 5th
Public - 14th

Well, there goes all the cats in this rankdown! 😅 I am happy Merry placed over Kiki in this rankdown. The main factor that makes me vastly prefer Merry is her eyes. They got a huge glow-up in New Horizons and they really just light the rest of the design up. As someone mentioned in the thread earlier, Merry’s popularity has exploded in New Horizons. I really think Merry’s glow-up is the reason for this. Her cute eyes and mouth are made much more prominent in the design. Overall, I am content with Merry’s placement. Now it just comes down to Fang and Mint, who will take the crown? 🤔

Ranker/Public Write-Ups
@Asarena - I like the fact that she has a double chin, but I find the way her eyes are looking upwards somewhat disturbing. Definitely cute though

@Verecund - I got Merry as a starter in my first NL town; I didn't care for her before, but she grew on me pretty fast because she kept giving me such hilarious dialogue! I was devastated when she left without telling me because she had become one of my favourites and was super fun to have around. She's probably my favourite cat and is definitely one of my top 10 villagers. She's my favourite out of my 20 'judge favourites' still remaining, too!
MerryPicACNH.png

@VexTheHex - Leaving not fond of and going to strong dislike. I do not like Merry. Initially I thought she had no nose which is a pet peeve for me on some designs. She does have one, but it kind of blends in being the same color and roughly same size as her blush. But the big no she is that ugly hair fringe. The style is ugly, the color is ugly, and there really isn't anything good about it. The double chin also makes no sense since she isn't a larger cat. It has no purpose! "A smile increases your face value" could hold true if you bothered to look at the person you smile at and not stare at your awful human hair fringe thing.

Aw, I'm sad to see Kiki and Merry go! They're both extremely cute! But, we're super close to seeing who wins! I'm excited to see the results!

Honestly surprised Mint was able to make it to the Top 2. Fang has always been a popular villager, so he’s no surprise, but it’s impressive that she ranked so highly. The general AC fanbase seems to LOVE the wolves, even if I think they’re weird-looking, so I expect Fang to take the crown.

I don’t have much to add about the cats except Merry > Kiki. Kiki’s blank, soulless expression ruins the villager for me. I'm not really a fan of the cats in general tbh (the spiky ears + super round heads can look weird and they are mega overhyped as a species in general imo).

Last edited:
Honestly surprised Mint was able to make it to the Top 2. Fang has always been a popular villager, so he’s no surprise, but it’s impressive that she ranked so highly. The general AC fanbase seems to LOVE the wolves, even if I think they’re weird-looking, so I expect Fang to take the crown.

I don’t have much to add about the cats except Merry > Kiki. Kiki’s blank, soulless expression ruins the villager for me. I'm not really a fan of the cats in general tbh (the spiky ears + super round heads can look weird and they are mega overhyped as a species in general imo).
Yeah, I’m surprised Mint made it this far too! 😅 I also prefer Merry to Kiki, so no arguments there. 😊

I'm surprised Mint made it this far as well, but I like Mint a lot, so it's a pleasant surprise to me. Fang has been one of my favorites since the GameCube game, so I'm glad to see he's in the top two as well! Either of these two placing first is good to me~

As for Merry and Kiki, I prefer Kiki, but there are cats I like more than either of them. Punchy, Ankha, Katt, and Olivia for example~

Nooooo, not Merry! :( At least she was the highest-placing cat! She was also the last of my 20 initial villager nominations remaining, so considering that my list contained the leftovers that no one else took since I submitted last, I think #3 is a pretty great accomplishment for her! :P

I definitely have a huge preference on who wins. I like Fang, but I just don't find him interesting enough to want him to win. On the other hand, Mint is one of my top five villagers in the series! I don't feel good about Mint's chances considering Fang's popularity, though.

I have to admit, I am pretty disappointed, though happy to see Merry, one of my favorites, rank so high. Merry to me is just precious! I love her sweet, soft little face and her funny bangs and sweet eyes. Having her on my island has made me love her even more (and hence she has moved up from 5 on my ranking list to 4th probably, displacing Kiki)! She is just perfect. She also remind me a bit of my little daughter (who is 11 mo old and also has a double chin and hair that is oddly long in the front). Which naturally makes her especially endearing. About half of my favorites are peppies at this point, so it is good that I have a high tolerance for them!

58AA7EE5-2F18-4F18-956C-A9F01F1A8EFF.jpg
0B39EFBC-D37E-4F94-8995-06026B33262F.jpg
62B7D0B8-28DF-4D5F-BEF3-1742E33C675A.jpg
E4140040-0761-4478-BC55-C1641DD4EFF4.jpg
0FEC7779-C8E1-4CA7-A113-A2A34A1049ED.jpg
BD13AF94-FE38-4F0F-9177-C14E0D28B750.jpg
F3C03FF1-7CCB-4BD8-BBA9-2A501A1CBCE7.jpg
E53761EB-8FCC-47BF-890A-92FF83758A44.jpg

It is hard to get excited about the last two when one is a villager I feel mostly neutral about and the other is one of about 10-20 villagers that fall in my person F tier.

So go Mint, I guess!

I will try not to be a spoilsport or rain on the parade. This has still been a fun experiment! A lot of villager favorites have made it into the top 24! And I loved getting to know everyone who participated a bit, and read their varying opinions! You are all lovely, and it almost makes me want to like some of these villagers just because I love seeing your love for them!

I'm surprised Mint made it this far as well, but I like Mint a lot, so it's a pleasant surprise to me. Fang has been one of my favorites since the GameCube game, so I'm glad to see he's in the top two as well! Either of these two placing first is good to me~

As for Merry and Kiki, I prefer Kiki, but there are cats I like more than either of them. Punchy, Ankha, Katt, and Olivia for example~
Yeah, I’m happy to see Mint make it this far as well. I also am pleased to see Fang this high. 😁

Nooooo, not Merry! :( At least she was the highest-placing cat! She was also the last of my 20 initial villager nominations remaining, so considering that my list contained the leftovers that no one else took since I submitted last, I think #3 is a pretty great accomplishment for her! :p

I definitely have a huge preference on who wins. I like Fang, but I just don't find him interesting enough to want him to win. On the other hand, Mint is one of my top five villagers in the series! I don't feel good about Mint's chances considering Fang's popularity, though.
Yeah, #3 is very good considering the circumstances in which she made the Top 140. 😅 I like both Fang and Mint, so I don’t care who wins. 🤣

I have to admit, I am pretty disappointed, though happy to see Merry, one of my favorites, rank so high. Merry to me is just precious! I love her sweet, soft little face and her funny bangs and sweet eyes. Having her on my island has made me love her even more (and hence she has moved up from 5 on my ranking list to 4th probably, displacing Kiki)! She is just perfect. She also remind me a bit of my little daughter (who is 11 mo old and also has a double chin and hair that is oddly long in the front). Which naturally makes her especially endearing. About half of my favorites are peppies at this point, so it is good that I have a high tolerance for them!

It is hard to get excited about the last two when one is a villager I feel mostly neutral about and the other is one of about 10-20 villagers that fall in my person F tier.

So go Mint, I guess!

I will try not to be a spoilsport or rain on the parade. This has still been a fun experiment! A lot of villager favorites have made it into the top 24! And I loved getting to know everyone who participated a bit, and read their varying opinions! You are all lovely, and it almost makes me want to like some of these villagers just because I love seeing your love for them!
Oh wow at her reminding you of your daughter. 😃 I love the pictures! 💖 Sorry that you’re not too pleased with the Top 2... 😔😅

Back