• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNH unpopular opinions?

I believe Sasha is a young kid. He has a house with little kids' things and toys having a tea party. These hints make it extremely odd that people are already swooning over him. lol
yes. thats so so so so so true. even the fanarts are a bit ehhhh... (some of them are good and not bad) i swear everything on the internet must have their ehh.. fanarts lol. sasha is the new raymond, believe it or not.

I believe Sasha is a young kid. He has a house with little kids' things and toys having a tea party. These hints make it extremely odd that people are already swooning over him. lol
Agreed. All of the lazies are children imo. It’s really weird.

It’s kind of like how I believe Celeste is a child and I’ve seen some really weird stuff on her? Like, she’s super small, she’s Blather’s younger sister (and I don’t see bathers being crazy old? just wise and passionate)

EITHER WAY my celeste theory may be wrong, but the lazy personality SURE AIN’T

ehhh i disagree that lazies are children. they mention working once and in new leaf iirc they talked about their mom being worried about them moving out. the lazies are the youngest villagers though and definitely the most childish but that doesn’t mean they’re actually kids. the child characters like daisy mae and katie are pretty distinct with their different model size and how they don’t drink coffee at the roost. and sasha liking cute toys and skateboards and board games doesn’t mean he’s a child as adults can like those things too.

but i agree that some people act very weird with sasha regardless.

ehhh i disagree that lazies are children. they mention working once and in new leaf iirc they talked about their mom being worried about them moving out. the lazies are the youngest villagers though and definitely the most childish but that doesn’t mean they’re actually kids. the child characters like daisy mae and katie are pretty distinct with their different model size and how they don’t drink coffee at the roost. and sasha liking cute toys and skateboards and board games doesn’t mean he’s a child as adults can like those things too.

but i agree that some people act very weird with sasha regardless.
Daisy Mae was in the roost the other day in my game. Does she state she doesn't drink coffee? I never talk to her cos I can't stand how gross she looks so I wouldn't know haha

I wish the villagers in HHP didn't have the same repetitive themes as each other. For example when I invited Louie he wanted a Fitness Jungle but then when I invited Rio since she just moved to my island recently she watched a "Fitness" theme home. I was like "really?" so I had no choice but to pair the two them up as roommates since they share the same common interest.

Daisy Mae was in the roost the other day in my game. Does she state she doesn't drink coffee? I never talk to her cos I can't stand how gross she looks so I wouldn't know haha
nope but she gets a cookie instead! and i was wrong about katie. i know she was a child in new leaf but it looks like she’s a teenager in new horizons lol.

nope but she gets a cookie instead! and i was wrong about katie. i know she was a child in new leaf but it looks like she’s a teenager in new horizons lol.
That's a nice touch to include that, to recognise their age. I'm glad to hear Katie made it to adolescence despite her risky behaviour of getting on trains alone to places she didn't know and asking strangers to take her places haha

I just can't vibe with any of the hourly music. It gets draining on me very quickly. I'm trying to like the music but I dunno, it's gotta be the instruments they use that I just don't like. Felt like this since day one and hoped they'd grow on me but I still find myself muting the game and playing my own.

I just can't vibe with any of the hourly music. It gets draining on me very quickly. I'm trying to like the music but I dunno, it's gotta be the instruments they use that I just don't like. Felt like this since day one and hoped they'd grow on me but I still find myself muting the game and playing my own.
Oh absolutely. There's one in particular in the afternoon that feels really jarring in a game like this. Early morning and late night are slightly better, but I wish they'd kept the NL music, cos that was perfect for me. I also miss how the music used to go all music-box when it rained or snowed.

there aren't uchi villagers with nice designs

i was really hoping for shino to be uchi to add to that roster and also i think it suits her design better? since finding out she's peppy i'm not longer really interested in her

I used to play for a bit at 2PM when I got the chance and also around 5PM. To me they're the worst ones. 5PM has some funk to it, but it just does not flow or work well with a game like AC, if you ask me.

The artist on the second link composed a track similar to the funk theme of 5PM, but if you ask me they brought it to life way better than the NH team did. It doesn't help that a lot of the tracks borrow from the main theme and are kind of just remixes of the same thing. The composer is a member here, but I am not sure if they are still around or not.

1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm sucks lol i usually play at that time until 9, and Its so annoying.

• Marlo is a good villager overall, I like the "mob boss" theme going around him.
  • I wasn't hyped about Shino when she was initially revealed. She's ok in my opinion.
  • Cephalobot needs more love♥.
  • I perfer Wardell over Niko. His character is interesting.

I agree, ACNL’s hourly music is peak Animal Crossing hourly music, it’s just a perfect balance of quiet and slow yet upbeat. Whenever I play New Horizons, I usually mute the tv and play music from YouTube or other websites that provide music.

I agree, ACNL’s hourly music is peak Animal Crossing hourly music, it’s just a perfect balance of quiet and slow yet upbeat. Whenever I play New Horizons, I usually mute the tv and play music from YouTube or other websites that provide music.
i rather play my favorite classical music, old american-jazz, or ratatouille's main theme than hearing the 2pm earrape

I actually like being able to have only ten villagers. If we did have the option to move in additional villagers, I hope it would be just that; an option. I am content with my ten villagers that I don’t need anymore. I understand people have a lot of favorites but that just makes the ones we can have even more special. Plus, we can just have them on our HHP island thing now that more plots on our island isn’t necessary. Still, I think if I were given an option to add additional plots and move in more villagers on my island, I would pass.

Lazies actually, at least through dialogue, have their specific “age” vary based on their personality sub-type. One of them has their high friendship dialogue act very childish and be obsessed with being superheroes or other outlandish stuff, while the other sub-type has dialogue that talk about them growing up and having to get used to doing adult things and how hard it can be to act mature. Sasha is actually the latter, which sort of implies that Sasha, and other Lazies of the same sub-type, are an adult, but at a very early, coming of age period of adulthood.

Also who says adults can’t own some plushes?

Back