ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

I haven't been designing many homes lately, but I always make sure to go spend time dancing at the music festival. I love being able to cycle through dance moves by pressing 'Y' and just bopping with the others.

I still love how alive this game feels- and how much more alive it got with the update. Everyone is doing something all the time, the residents are not just walking around aimlessly, the stuff they do is just charm incarnate. Group stretching? The special NPC and residents join depending on their schedules. The takeout coffee being a hit? Everyone is crazy for that pigeon milk. K.K. composing new songs? Someone may tell you that they like his new jams and you should ask him to play it. Gyroids going ham? There'll be a resident dancing with them.

This cozy paradise, this community we are able to live and feel. NH just nails so many things.

I love that they brought back hot chocolate for Valentine’s Day.

Attachments

• BCDB47A8-42C9-42AB-BCD7-36AC01D36AE9.jpeg
    BCDB47A8-42C9-42AB-BCD7-36AC01D36AE9.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 21
  • E093E597-849A-4C68-90F8-6A0FBDAA8FB5.jpeg
    E093E597-849A-4C68-90F8-6A0FBDAA8FB5.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 21
I thought I missed it when I ordered because Brewster asked if I wanted coffee, but then served me hot chocolate and wished me a Happy Valentines Day!
Yea he asked if I wanted coffee as well then surprised me with hot chocolate instead.

• I love how much I can customize how my character looks (hair, eyes, etc) anytime I want AND actually see how it's going to look before committing to the style.
  • The ability to decorate my house right from my storage and see how everything looks is amazing.
  • I also love being able to add as many inclines and bridges as I want so whenever I get to a spot on my island and I feel even slightly annoyed that I don't have a bridge or stairs there, I can go ahead and place it right away.
  • Being able to decorate the outside of my island is awesome, and I love that I can reposition things so if a bench is just slightly off from where I wanted it, I don't have to demolish it and redo it.
  • I also love that there's a character named Megan - my best friend Megan passed away in July 2020 and she and I were both so excited when ACNH came out, so it's nice to have some connection to her on my island so my little digital Andrea can hang out with her :)

As someone who doesn’t like coffee, I am so happy that we have hot chocolate in the game. (I don’t mind my character drinking coffee, though… so long as I don’t have to.)

I love that this game is so cutesy and feels like a reality escape. Yet people can still make imitations of reality like offices irl or dream environments v easily.

I love that this game is so casual you can literally do it while working on something else. As someone who struggles with multi tasking I live for actually being able to acceptably occupy myself without completely zoning out from everyone else.

I love how this game runs in real time and has seasons. For someone like me who lives where there are no seasons (only two different monsoons throughout the year which only means more rain or less rain), AC is something special because it allows me to enjoy the changes that seasons bring. Even if it's only a game. ♥️
seasons-tile.jpg

Yeah, I do miss some items the other games used to have, but actually looking through the catalogue without my rose tinted goggles, NH has lots of nice furniture. Now anyway. Obviously before it was bad but now, there's so much to choose from to decorate with! I'm very happy and have been trying to think of what items to use where.

I like Hippeaux 10 times more than I thought I would. I put off inviting him to my island because he's got that chartreuse coloring that I'm not crazy about. But it's not so bad onscreen. And it works with his smug personality. Another villager I didn't think I'd like is Baabara but she is also fun to have around.

Honestly, the second one just looks like a rain poncho or something. It’s not a belly pattern because it extends over the belly. (And having naked villagers would just be weird.)
About naked villagers - KK is totally naked when you do that plaza stretching session on saturdays. I never thought I could feel so weird about seeing a naked dog lol.
Post automatically merged:

Things I love about the game these days: still discovering some new items/diys from the 2.0 update. I love seeing Molly or Beau or another villager walking around the dinosaur fossils at the museum, or randomly bumping into them at the café. Also lots of great new furniture and I love the vibe at Harvs Island now. :)
Post automatically merged:

I love how this game runs in real time and has seasons. For someone like me who lives where there are no seasons (only two different monsoons throughout the year which only means more rain or less rain), AC is something special because it allows me to enjoy the changes that seasons bring. Even if it's only a game. ♥️
View attachment 433410
Haha, love that snowboy! I find it so funny to make snowboys like that and they are like "WHAT is Going ON!" Lol :) Also, you share so many great photos in here, thank you!

Last edited:
Yeah, I do miss some items the other games used to have, but actually looking through the catalogue without my rose tinted goggles, NH has lots of nice furniture. Now anyway. Obviously before it was bad but now, there's so much to choose from to decorate with! I'm very happy and have been trying to think of what items to use where.
Yeah I just dug through Wardell's catalogue the other day, and the skeleton pile is back again. Which will work great when I get to doing my cemetery. So many of the ideas I had the previous years can be done now that so much of the stuff is back again.

Back