• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH is starting to get really boring. What should I do?

AidenTheGamer

Bells
Mother's Day Carnation
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Violet
Red Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
I know it's strange of me to say this even though I rarely play New Horizons anymore, but I guess the reason why is maybe because New Horizons is getting boring or uninteresting? The past few months I've watched New Leaf specials on YouTube on the days leading up to certain events, like watching ChuggaConroy's ACNL Halloween special in October, Harvest Festival in November, and recently watched his Toy Day special, and it's kinda making me miss New Leaf. I could go back to it if I really wanted to, I still have my 3DS and New Leaf copy, but part of me thinks it's kinda weird to start back up on New Leaf, with the discontinuation of the 3DS and the fact that New Horizons is way more relevant. I guess New Horizons was never completely able to grasp my interest, sorry to say. Maybe I just don't like New Horizons as much as I did New Leaf. Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc.?

I know it's strange of me to say this even though I rarely play New Horizons anymore, but I guess the reason why is maybe because New Horizons is getting boring or uninteresting? The past few months I've watched New Leaf specials on YouTube on the days leading up to certain events, like watching ChuggaConroy's ACNL Halloween special in October, Harvest Festival in November, and recently watched his Toy Day special, and it's kinda making me miss New Leaf. I could go back to it if I really wanted to, I still have my 3DS and New Leaf copy, but part of me thinks it's kinda weird to start back up on New Leaf, with the discontinuation of the 3DS and the fact that New Horizons is way more relevant. I guess New Horizons was never completely able to grasp my interest, sorry to say. Maybe I just don't like New Horizons as much as I did New Leaf. Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc.?
You only live once and time is precious - don’t waste your time on a game you aren’t interested in. There are plenty of other games or consoles that may peak your interest more than ACNH :) good luck finding a better game that’s more interesting for you!

Take a break and go play New Leaf for a while if you want to play it.

I still play Sims 2. My husband still plays classic Mario and Zelda. We both still play Ocarina of Time. My favorite Harvest Moon is DS Cute and I still play it from time to time.

Who says you have to stop playing a game just because it is "outdated"?

honestly, I think the best thing to do is just to take even more of a break from it. completely distance yourself for a while and whenever you genuinely feel the urge to play, go back to the game and ease yourself in slowly. if you take an extended break and at no point feel the desire to play, then I guess you know that the game perhaps just isn't for you and you know it's time to move on.
and I agree - if you wanna play new leaf, play new leaf! if that's where your genuine interest lies then that's what you should play, even if it is 'outdated'

I felt the same towards City Folk when New Leaf released, I seemed to enjoy the Wii version way more than the 3DS but with Nintendo discontinuing the WiFi connection on the Wii it felt like everyone gravitated towards playing the newer game. From what I can remember, I played City Folk for a while during the New Leaf days but lost interest with no access to online and fewer people actually continued to play.
I think people still play New Leaf now as the boards and discussions remain pretty active on the forum so I imagine it’s nice to have that connection with other players. If New Leaf makes you happy then I don’t see what’s stopping you from playing? Either way, New horizons is still something to come back to if you spark any interest in it again.

Take a break and go play New Leaf for a while if you want to play it.

I still play Sims 2. My husband still plays classic Mario and Zelda. We both still play Ocarina of Time. My favorite Harvest Moon is DS Cute and I still play it from time to time.

Who says you have to stop playing a game just because it is "outdated"?
This!

I tried to like Street Fighter V, for example, but I couldn't. Same thing happened with Street Fighter IV. Thus, I still play SF III to this day and simply stopped thinking about the other two and how they weren't as good as III. They're their own thing, it's just like they're not for me.

same tbh, i tend to get bored of animal crossing games within a week then i just leave them however for some reason i keep forcing myself to like new horizons by resetting to keep it interesting, i realised i was doing that and it was just putting me in a bad mood in the end so i've finally decided to just leave the game for a while

u should do what u want to do, if the game is not entertaining u then maybe play a different game or do something else that will make u happy, u can always come back to new horizons when u want to play it again :)

Don't force yourself to play a game, you'll only end up maximizing the things you don't like about it and minimizing the thing you like.

Back