• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what would you do if you owned the bell tree forums for a day?

First, I would keep everything the same and make it so nobody knows i had taken over for the day and ensure nobody else will tell if they knew. Then I would make the site play “Never gonna give you up” but at a very low volume. Slowly, the volume will get louder until the staff has to address the concern. They can't turn it off or remove it, they can only turn the volume down. However, it starts going back up, at a quicker speed then before. They will have to turn it down again. Rinse and repeat. Everytime it goes down, it goes up quicker and quicker until it stays loud even if the volume was lowered.

Near the end of the day, 30 minutes before midnight, i will gift everyone a collectible with a picture of rick astley with the message “Never gonna give up on you“, purposely phrased wrong.

Finally, I will log into a randomly choosen staff account, and issue a fake apology about the technical difficulties the site has experienced and offer 6 bells as a way to make up for it. I will then delete my actual account and disappear from the site forever, never to be seen from again.

Or you know, give free collectibles idk....

First, I would keep everything the same and make it so nobody knows i had taken over for the day and ensure nobody else will tell if they knew. Then I would make the site play “Never gonna give you up” but at a very low volume. Slowly, the volume will get louder until the staff has to address the concern. They can't turn it off or remove it, they can only turn the volume down. However, it starts going back up, at a quicker speed then before. They will have to turn it down again. Rinse and repeat. Everytime it goes down, it goes up quicker and quicker until it stays loud even if the volume was lowered.

Near the end of the day, 30 minutes before midnight, i will gift everyone a collectible with a picture of rick astley with the message “Never gonna give up on you“, purposely phrased wrong.

Finally, I will log into a randomly choosen staff account, and issue a fake apology about the technical difficulties the site has experienced and offer 6 bells as a way to make up for it. I will then delete my actual account and disappear from the site forever, never to be seen from again.

Or you know, give free collectibles idk....

This is the best idea I've seen for owning the forums so far... LOL

I would make posts in the basement not count towards your post count. I want to see how it affects everyone’s activity in that section and how much the post counts we currently have change.

I would make posts in the basement not count towards your post count. I want to see how it affects everyone’s activity in that section and how much the post counts we currently have change.
I think that would be an interesting idea. I’m sure I would lose at least a quarter of my total post count if that happened.

As for what I would do, I don’t really know. I’m trying to decide whether I would do something actually useful and cool or just troll everyone. Maybe I’ll pick both. I’ll come back when I have my idea.

If I own bell tree forums for a day, I'll do:
  • Probably make non-egg Splatoon and Kirby collectibles.
  • Also, I'll bring back the wish react. And Celeste will be the new TBT mascot.
  • I'll make Salmon Run themed event and collectibles, good luck figuring that out. (Gotta fill the required golden egg quota.)

Make this egg a real collectible. --->
easterEggJokeStar.png

Okay, I have my idea:

I would make a react that’s… a Moon. The Moon from Majora’s Mask. It would probably say “[user] caused your post in the thread [thread name] to meet with a terrible fate.” That sounds super random but I don’t care. I would also make a Kirby reaction where you inhale a post and one where you catch a post in a Poké Ball, which would say “[user] inhaled your post in the thread [thread name]” and “[user] caught your post in the thread [thread name] with a [type of Poké Ball you used to react].” It might be hard to add multiple versions of one reaction, so I’d probably just go with the basic Poké Ball. I’d probably also add a Smash Ball as a collectible, and also make Super Stars a collectible. I’m pretty sure they don’t exist yet. Also, one thing I mentioned before is that it would be cool if every hour, the music changed to the corresponding hourly theme from a different game. It’s random, but I don’t know if it should be different for everyone or the same for everyone, just randomized. And I also don’t know if this is even possible, but I still think it would be a cool addition.

Also, if you go on the site at between 3:00 and 3:59 a.m. in your time zone, all posts will be in spoilers, saying “who wants to use an online forum at 3 in the morning?” So you can still view them, but you have to open the spoiler. That’s my joke addition.

Reactions: Doo
I know exactly what I would do.

5 minutes of pure fascination. Then I log out. 24 hours passes.

"aw darn. I forgot today was the day to be in charge".

Reactions: Doo
I'd go bananas. Under my rule, the forums will now contain 10 googolplex references to Kieran, because he's the greatest Pokémon charater of All Time! And then there's going to be background music coming from my personal playlist! And then I'm gonna reward myself 999,999,999 TBT bells! And then... I don't know!

Back