• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

About Merengue and starting villagers

Merengue was in my first five.
Her house was literally on the same row as Penelope.
Penelope moved though.
I thought I liked Bangle better
I thought.

um. ok. there were other people on the thread saying you can't get uchi, so i just thought you know.

Then if there were other people saying it, why not quote them as well? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I've never seen or gotten Uchi or Smug as a starter. I dont believe you can. Until I see photo proof, since those who say they've gotten then never provide a screenshot to show it, then to me, it's not true.

Last edited:
yes when i started my game three months ago, i took a screenshot of my villagers, because i knew uchi villagers were rare when starting, yup.
also, i'm sorry i didn't realize i'm not allowed to quote you specifically my mistake.
i'm out.

Try to find a town with no normal villager, then look for a normal villager plot the next day. It took me about 20 minutes to find Merengue's plot.

Otherwise, before Merengue became extremely popular, she was my starter normal villager in my main town. I wasn't too fond of her at first, I let her move, but cycled through 16 villagers and won her through an auction.

Last edited:
sssssoooo I finally get Merengue yesterday night :D thank you all for your answers I would probably give up without it!

O.0 i think i might have had Cherry the dog as one of my starters.... i can see if i took a pitcutre of the ceremony, but i think i had her :eek:

Back