• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Rune Factory 5 Thread

I finally got around to pre-ordering my copy (Earthmate Edition!) today, and just wanted to say that dual audio was confirmed a few days ago! ^^
Additionally, XSEED Games revealed today that players will be able to explore the world of Rune Factory 5 with both English and Japanese audio languages and text in English, French, and German.
extremely relieved that I won't have to buy a Japanese copy too just for the voice cast

Well, there’s matchmaking quiz on the bachelors/bachelorettes. LOL

LINK

Who’d you get? How do you feel about your result(s)?

I got Martin and Scarlett. I quite like Scarlett but am indifferent with Martin. He seems kind of a rude. I don’t know how I got the title of “Life of the Party”. :LOL: I’m introverted and socially anxious as heck.

Aside from Ludmila none of the bachelorettes really grab my attention. The bachelors on the other hand… lordy. I’ll probably marry Ryker or Cecil. They’re both so cute.

Well, there’s matchmaking quiz on the bachelors/bachelorettes. LOL

LINK

Who’d you get? How do you feel about your result(s)?

I got Martin and Scarlett. I quite like Scarlett but am indifferent with Martin. He seems kind of a rude. I don’t know how I got the title of “Life of the Party”. :LOL: I’m introverted and socially anxious as heck.

reinhard & lucy! i know nothing about the characters yet so i can't really have any judgement yet but it says the rf4 equivalent is arthur which is .. disappointing lol. lucy on the other hand has xiao pai as rf4 equivalent who i liked a lot !!

also i just want to express my disappointment that gideon/terry isn't available to marry , im happy theyre finally giving us older candidates but idk how i feel about lucas

Just a few more days until release. I have mine preordered (the Earthmates Edition). Due to the mail It probably won't come until later in the week but at least it's a mid-week release so I should get it on or by next Friday. I am usually out of luck with Friday releases since mail isn't delivered on weekends. I'd almost call it an early birthday present for myself but considering I'll probably get it a few days late watch it show up on my actual birthday of all things.

A streamer I follow had a promoted stream where he was playing the game on Wednesday. If anyone wanted to check out some early gameplay of it, I linked to his past broadcast below. I could only listen to the stream since I was at work, but it sounded like he was having a fun time with it. I've never played a Rune Factory game before. I am interested in this one though.

my copy is coming tomorrow but i accidentally clicked on a rf5 stream on twitch right as they were saying its the worst rf game theyve played and the frame rate is terrible lol. im still excited but now im a little nervous, guess we shall wait and seeeee

my copy is coming tomorrow but i accidentally clicked on a rf5 stream on twitch right as they were saying its the worst rf game theyve played and the frame rate is terrible lol. im still excited but now im a little nervous, guess we shall wait and seeeee
I haven't played but I've heard its performance is bad which is a real shame. Apparently some bugs they never fixed too.

After playing for 2 hours I have to say the performance is rough. I'm normally not the type to fuss about frames, but the issues on my end are so glaring it'd be easier for me to list things that don't lag vs. those that do.

Hopefully others in this thread have better luck. My y1 switch in handheld is quite the experience...

I'm sure I'll get more used to it as I play. Kind of wish that wasn't something I'd have to say though.

On a positive note the dialogue has been pretty fun so far.

I haven't played but I've heard its performance is bad which is a real shame. Apparently some bugs they never fixed too.

as long as i stay indoors its fine, the actual town is so choppy, its distracting. i wish theyd just stuck with the rf4 format, i never enjoyed the platform rune factorys as much. on the plus side i am enjoying it and im liking all the characters so far, the world does feel kind of empty tho which is sad

as long as i stay indoors its fine, the actual town is so choppy, its distracting. i wish theyd just stuck with the rf4 format, i never enjoyed the platform rune factorys as much. on the plus side i am enjoying it and im liking all the characters so far, the world does feel kind of empty tho which is sad

just a follow up from my previous comment from playing more but i turned dynamic resolution off in the settings and the frame rate for me is now much better

Really glad to see other fans of this series here! I've been playing the game for a few days now and find myself growing more fond of the game the longer I play. I'm someone who's played each mainline game multiple times (1-4) and loved them all to bits. It can be a little laggy at times, but I survived the ps1 era of jrpgs, so this is nothing to me. As long as the game isn't entirely unplayable, you won't really see me complaining about framerates much. The characters are charming, the music is pleasant, and I quickly find myself being enchanted away into the routine of farming, dating, and dungeon-crawling. I cannot wait to enjoy more!

...how has it been well over a year since I last posted in this thread. what is time?

Anyway I wanted to say that earlier this year I finally got around to starting my copy! ^^ My gaming backlog is terrible akfljdksdf My main complaints are that decorating is somehow worse than RF4S (if you're gonna let me decorate just give me a grid PLEASE) and I wish the performance was a little better*, but other than that I really really love the game! Haven't played in a little while because I've been distracted by other things, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon-ish. It's a very cozy, comforting game for me and does a super good job at boosting my mood if I'm feeling low. ;w;

I've got two main files at the moment where I'm dating Murakumo and Ludmila respectively, and am working towards being able to craft some super-OP engagement rings for them before I propose. At some point I'd like to romance the other characters too just to get their full stories, but those two are definitely my favorites.

*Although the map glitch I ran into where all the townspeople were briefly in the middle of the ocean was lowkey kind of hilarious. everyone was fine afterwards!!

Back