• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Rune Factory 5 Thread

ooo thank u!!!! sorry for stressing ppl haha, will keep an eye out for more solid info then!! i suspect ppl will be charging their way through the game so we'll know soon enough haha
Ya I'm really hoping, i reread the stuff and there is a passage that mentions that you can't change appearance, but maybe it just means at the beginning and they haven't unlocked it yet? idk...

Aww wait, so there’s no same sex marriage in this game? I’m honestly so bummed. We saw the two newest Story of Seasons games have same sex marriage I was really hopeful this one would.

Especially since some of the bachelors/bachelorettes aren’t even fully human it always feels extra frustrating. Rune Factory 4 said it was wrong for me to marry Forte but they’re fine with my husband being part horse or whatever Dylas is??

I’m so bitter if that’s the case it may not be a day 1 buy anymore. :/

image0.png

an update!!!

defo better than nothing but still rly disappointing, they should just make it an option from the beginning, i usually try romance early so i don't lose interest in the game when the plot ends

image0.png

an update!!!

defo better than nothing but still rly disappointing, they should just make it an option from the beginning, i usually try romance early so i don't lose interest in the game when the plot ends
Oh so it is just like Rune Factory 4 then and people just hadn't gotten that far yet. Glad you know we still have at least that! Hopefully it will carry over to new playthroughs as well so you can just immediately swap to the other gender.

haha i opened the thread just to report on sprite swapping only to see someone beat me to it! yeah, it’s exactly like RF4 in that case — but hopefully, like RF4, once it’s unlocked in one playthrough it’s unlocked for All Of Them. i’m sure it will be, but you never know! i also wonder what else you unlock along with the sprite swap option...... probably just the other RF osts and the typhoon summoning / pushing back but for now it’s a mystery

on that note though, immersion break warning for sprite swapping: weddings are, as it turns out, fully voice-acted cutscenes. which is really cute in theory & i’m glad to have wedding cutscenes back, but also if you sprite swap it’s going to throw you off hard for 40 seconds or so unless there’s a way to skip it.

haha i opened the thread just to report on sprite swapping only to see someone beat me to it! yeah, it’s exactly like RF4 in that case — but hopefully, like RF4, once it’s unlocked in one playthrough it’s unlocked for All Of Them. i’m sure it will be, but you never know! i also wonder what else you unlock along with the sprite swap option...... probably just the other RF osts and the typhoon summoning / pushing back but for now it’s a mystery

on that note though, immersion break warning for sprite swapping: weddings are, as it turns out, fully voice-acted cutscenes. which is really cute in theory & i’m glad to have wedding cutscenes back, but also if you sprite swap it’s going to throw you off hard for 40 seconds or so unless there’s a way to skip it.
In RF4 if you sprite swapped to the opposite gender main character, it also swapped all of their voices to the new one as well! Hopefully its like that in this game too so the only thing that doesn't get swapped are the pronouns.

In RF4 if you sprite swapped to the opposite gender main character, it also swapped all of their voices to the new one as well! Hopefully its like that in this game too so the only thing that doesn't get swapped are the pronouns.
oh no yeah I know about how it worked in rf4! ☺️ But I mean like, the weddings are actually animated cutscenes not like, sprite-based ones the way the rf4 weddings were hold on

so these are definitely an immersion-breaker but other than weddings it should hopefully be a full swap a-la RF4

oh no yeah I know about how it worked in rf4! ☺ But I mean like, the weddings are actually animated cutscenes not like, sprite-based ones the way the rf4 weddings were hold on

so these are definitely an immersion-breaker but other than weddings it should hopefully be a full swap a-la RF4
oh wow, ya I guess the won't replace those cause they aren't a sprite. guess I have to just close my eyes during that haha

RF5 will be getting what appears to be multiple upcoming patches in the near future! looks like the bugs extended a lot further than the funny graphical glitches i've posted about here.
01d63e486dce6cf4c688d319c2cd443b.png

i don't want to count my chickens before they hatch (or give anyone either in this thread or my harvest moon discord gc where i've also linked this tweet false hope), but it's entirely possible actual m/m and f/f relationship allowance could very much be included in a future patch along with bug fixes -- i've seen enough people asking about them both on the JPN and EN sides through trawling the #RuneFactory hashtag and on HAKAMA's tweets in English about the game.

and with that out of the way, here's some other RF5 stuff!

1.) someone did an unboxing of the premium box, and it's very pretty.

2.) a friend sent me a ZIP with all the sprites & images in the game so i've been going through them! here are some things i learned while browsing:
- every marriable character (and the protagonists) have their own unique swimwear and pyjamas. this is a step up from RF4, where characters would share swimsuits and PJs.
- the male child and female child option each have 3 hairstyle variants... and alongside that, for the first time in a RF game with 2d portraits, their hair / eye colour depends on your spouse. this was only ever previously before seen in oceans, which was all-3D! so... there are a lot of child sprites in the files. like, a lot. there are literally 1404 child sprites in my folder to factor in all those variants.
- on that note, each child variant has its own unique PJ & swimsuit colour or pattern. small detail, but i thought it was cute!
- every romanceable character has at least one unique / more dynamic sprite as compared to the basic happy / sad / blushing / angry expressions.
- update: i just counted their map sprites in the folder there are 78 unique variants of Child based on who you marry, which kid you pick, and what hairstyle they have.
- one of the enemies / befriendable monsters new to the game is this really cute frog & its variants
Icon_enm028_Kerori_01.png
if anyone wants to see any sprites of any characters, i'd be happy to share them! and that's it for this RF5 update tune in next time after the patch goes live
ui_stuffedroll_502.png

I'm beyond excited for this game and have been since they announced it (over 2 years ago), so I really hope a western release date is announced soon ;u;

game delayed til 2022 :’’’’) but at least we finally have an English trailer!
it probably got delayed partly due to the bug fixes the JPN version has needed to go through and also XSEED needing to devote more time & translation to story of seasons pioneers of olive town than expected due to the dialogue patch 💔

game delayed til 2022 :’’’’) but at least we finally have an English trailer!
it probably got delayed partly due to the bug fixes the JPN version has needed to go through and also XSEED needing to devote more time & translation to story of seasons pioneers of olive town than expected due to the dialogue patch 💔
Early 2022 at least, so hopefully the delay won't be too bad.

I'm sad we have to wait so long for it but at least (hopefully) we will get a version with the bugs fixed at least

i've waited what feels like a billion years so i feel like i can wait until 2022 but i am very sad about the delay😭😭

I’ll be ready for Rune Factory 5 in 2022 at least. 😭 Maybe by then I won’t have to find other games to fill the desire.

My heart breaks for you all - RF5 was one of my most anticipated releases for 2021 so I'm also sad to see it being delayed until early 2022 (whatever month that may be). Though as Karma mentioned, the delay could be imposing much-needed fixes and I'd take a delay over an unfinished/unpolished release any day.

The English voice acting in the new trailer sounds pretty OK so far. Something to look forward to next year now I suppose. 😭

the first official rune factory 5 localisation blog post is out! this one is primarily about the name changes they had to make, which are:
  • lyka > ryker (due to the similarity between lucas & lyka’s names)
  • doug > darroch (due to EN already having a dwarf named doug. poor xseed they apparently have the exact same speaking pattern too so it was hard to pick their lines apart)
  • gandage > gideon (due to pronunciation worries / unfamiliarity to an English audience)

so, great news:

033BCC5B-0AE2-47A7-B1A3-19D878F1C1D4.jpeg

7183F79E-1A3E-4A15-8159-098A43ED7D5F.jpeg

It looks like EN rf5 is adding gay marriage proper? there were no cutscenes or stills for same-gender weddings in JPN, so even if you sprite-swapped you’d still only get ares if you were marrying a girl and alice if you were marrying a guy during the wedding cutscenes

Looks like same-gender marriage is going to be added to the JP version soon too! c: From the localization blog:
Our second announcement is something that we’ve been working toward for many years: Rune Factory 5 will be the first game in the series to include same-sex marriage. This means that from the start of the game you can marry any of the 12 wonderful marriage candidates as Ares or Alice without avatar-swapping or other conditions. This feature was not present in the Japanese release of the game in May of this year, but will be added to that version in a future patch. It will be included in our game from launch.

By the way, does anybody know if dual audio options for RF5 are confirmed yet or not? I really like a lot of the Japanese VAs and I'd love to hear their work. I missed the direct RIP

Back