• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Rune Factory 5 Thread

Aloha

Bird
Bells
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Mailbox
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Orange (Fruit)
For fans of Animal Crossing,I noticed some enjoy the (formerly known as before the company split,Harvest Moon) series a.k.a Story of Seasons series. If you enjoyed any of these games or other farming and more relaxing "casual" games,you might also enjoy Rune Factory 5. I guess I would call it the sibling series of HM/SOS. It has the farming and marriage aspect, but it also has an RPG element to it. You can go into different themed dungeons and fight monsters,capture monsters,and get resources from them such as eggs,milk,and wool.

This was a video of gameplay from the Nintendo mini direct (Japanese.)Japan is getting the game on May 20th,2021,so I'm not sure how that translates to Western release date.

The game in Japan will be releasing a special limited edition version of it like it did for RF4,and I'm hoping the limited edition will also drop for the West when it comes.It also comes with DLC of the RF4 bachelor and bachelorette outfits for your character.
Rune factory 5 limited.jpg
Rune factory 5 DLC.jpg

Personally I'm really happy they're coming out with another game since RF4. I remember playing RF4 years ago in high school and RF is one of my favorite Nintendo series. Curious if anyone else here is getting the game; are there any fans of Rune Factory? What do you look forward to the most in the game? 😊

I really love the art direction for this game. It looks like a natural evolution from Rune Factory 4. If I can afford it, I’ll definitely import a limited edition copy!

Rune Factory is one of my favorite series with Frontier being my favorite of the bunch. This is one of my most anticipated games for 2021, and I've been eyeing 5 since it was announced in early-2019. It's a perfect blend of social simulation, dungeon crawling, and farming. While it might not be the same, I've no doubt we'll see a limited edition (art book is a staple item) with some DLC. The RF4 costumes are such a charming touch! :love:

The new world and characters are looking great from what I've seen so far. Combat looks more fluid too.

I'm guessing we'll probably see a mid-summer release for NA/EU?

I’m super excited for Rune Factory 5! Rune factory 4 was one of my favorite games of all time and I can’t wait to see what Rune Factory 5 has in store for us!

I hope we get a NA/EU release relatively soon after the JP release though it probably will be late 2021 or 2022 judging by other releases. Still I’ll remain hopeful!

Also the RF4 costumes look great! Can’t wait to get them, assuming NA gets them!

I AM SO HYPE!!! I played the previously RF as well and I absolutely loved the game, I played through it multiple times and enjoyed it every time, having different character developments and storyline! I legit shed tears at some points. It was a wonderful game and I played the one before it as well, although not as much as the later one. I am very excited for a new and advanced version of the previous games! It looks beautiful! I like the direction of the RF games a bit more than the newer Harvest Moon games. I got one of the more recent HM games for my switch and literally resold it after playing it once. I just didn't enjoy it at all and I've been playing these games since my childhood..

I can wear Clorica's and Dolce's outfits?😍 (if it gets a Western release that is) They even included Pico's outfit wow.

I'm so gonna get 5 when it comes out, I've been a Rune Factory fan for years. I played Frontier, 4, I have a second playthrou of 4 on my 3DS as Lest, I bought 4 special for the Switch and Tides of Destiny (Wii).

I am so excited for Rune Factory 5! I love how the game looks in the trailers and I love Rune Factory 4 to pieces. I’m definitely more interested in this game vs Pioneers of Olive Town.

I think it’s so fun that we’ll get more outfits this game! I love Dolce’s outfit 🥺💕 I’m really, really hoping they’ll follow the lead of Pioneers of Olive Town and include same sex marriage as that is my only gripe with Rune Factory 4. Let me marry Forte T_T

I’m really, really hoping they’ll follow the lead of Pioneers of Olive Town and include same sex marriage as that is my only gripe with Rune Factory 4. Let me marry Forte T_T

Omg I was playing as Frey and kept telling Forte I loved her. I thought at first she would react negatively to it since 1 she's a girl and 2 I had maybe 2 hearts with her (I told her veeery early on ingame) but she reacted well. I would love to marry Forte as Frey, she was the first one I wanted to marry. I know we can change our looks (like make Lest look like Frey) so it LOOKS like same sex marriage but it just isn't the same.

I'm looking forward to this. Even more so than the new Story of Seasons. I really want to finish 4 if I can before this comes out though. I got stuck/bored in the 3DS version (rng related triggering of a certain arc) so I got special on Switch. I haven't gotten overly far in it yet though. Here's hoping I can make the time.

Giving this a bump after seeing how disappointing the new Story of Seasons is looking. Though that’s only made me even more hype for this game as apparently the main team worked on this game and someone new took over SOS.

Just wish we had more than a Japanese release date of May to work with. Really hoping we get it this summer.

I'm also wondering when they will announce a release date for everywhere else. I'm going to guess sometime in July/august, maybe later. Besides that, they've been oddly quiet with revealing any new features and such in the game 0: though I'm definitely still more excited for this than sos.

i never even heard of rune factory til recently and i was curious so i watched the trailer for rune factory 5 and instantly decided to get it, it looks adorable 💕
is there a release date for it yet?

The new Story of Seasons doesn't sound promising. I haven't played Rune Factory since the first one on the DS so I hope this one didn't disappoint. I'm probably still going to wait until the reviews come in before buying

i never even heard of rune factory til recently and i was curious so i watched the trailer for rune factory 5 and instantly decided to get it, it looks adorable 💕
is there a release date for it yet?
There is for Japan (May 20), for everyone else all we know is it should come out this year.

The new Story of Seasons doesn't sound promising. I haven't played Rune Factory since the first one on the DS so I hope this one didn't disappoint. I'm probably still going to wait until the reviews come in before buying
If you want to check out one of the more recent ones and maybe need something to tide you over until either RF5 comes out, or until PoOT gets potentially gets a major upgrade, RF4 is basically the most popular game in the series, and got a port for Switch with extra content.

I’m so excited for Rune Factory 5! I wasn’t thrilled with the way the new SoS game was looking and I’m even less of a fan as time goes on. Probably better for my wallet, though.

I absolutely adore Rune Factory 4 and I’m really excited to play Rune Factory 5! I’m definitely ready for a newer art style (I put off playing Rune Factory 4 for a while because I didn’t like the way it looked 😅). I really hope we get a release date for an English version of the game soon!

For fans of Animal Crossing,I noticed some enjoy the (formerly known as before the company split,Harvest Moon) series a.k.a Story of Seasons series. If you enjoyed any of these games or other farming and more relaxing "casual" games,you might also enjoy Rune Factory 5. I guess I would call it the sibling series of HM/SOS. It has the farming and marriage aspect, but it also has an RPG element to it. You can go into different themed dungeons and fight monsters,capture monsters,and get resources from them such as eggs,milk,and wool.

This was a video of gameplay from the Nintendo mini direct (Japanese.)Japan is getting the game on May 20th,2021,so I'm not sure how that translates to Western release date.

The game in Japan will be releasing a special limited edition version of it like it did for RF4,and I'm hoping the limited edition will also drop for the West when it comes.It also comes with DLC of the RF4 bachelor and bachelorette outfits for your character.
View attachment 337983View attachment 337984

Personally I'm really happy they're coming out with another game since RF4. I remember playing RF4 years ago in high school and RF is one of my favorite Nintendo series. Curious if anyone else here is getting the game; are there any fans of Rune Factory? What do you look forward to the most in the game? 😊

I'm totally up for all of it, I recently purchased and bought the game Rune factory 5 for my switch and it's a delight so far! then again, I am very into the harvest moon games and stardew valley so it was an awesome transition and place to start. The dragon is so totally cool and I love my character and farm, it's basically harvest moon meets fantasy. I also really enjoyed Phantasy where you take a more relaxed approach and do jobs everyday to progress, that was fun, it even had a field with a battle system and monsters, but thats for 3ds.

The Rune Factory series is my favorite, I'm really glad that they are making another game in the series. I have been excited since they told us about it. I hope it is even better then RF4, they did such a good job on it that I hope 5 is even better.

if you haven't played RF since the first game, you might want to check out Frontier (which stars the same protagonist and includes several RF1 cast members) or Oceans / Tides of Destiny to get more used to a console RF if you have access to a Wii or WiiU, since this is undoubtedly gonna play a lot more like those and a lot, lot lot less like RF1. or like burumun suggested, RF4's switch port is also a good option!

as for me, i'm so so SO excited for RF5, rune factory is my favourite game series in existence and i about lost my mind when they revealed it wasn't dead after all 🥰 i'm not much a fan of the way the 2d portraits look and kind of wished that instead of using them they just used the 3d models because they're very expressive from shown footage and they've done it before, but that's a minor nitpick. other than that the game looks completely fantastic to me and as soon as preorders go up for the english version i'm snatching the bonus edition up 🥰🥰🥰🥰 in the meantime though, at least there's the Rune Factory 5 twitter posting clips and tidbits about the game in japanese,,,

As I recently discovered Rune Factory 4 Special (had never played Rune Factory before) and immediately became obsessed, I absolutely cannot wait for RF5.

WAIT I NEVER KNEW ABOUT DLC, DOES THIS MEAN I CAN MARRY LEON???

honestly though this is the thing i'm looking forward to most this year, i love rune factory & have played every game in the series and loved each one so much! i have rly high hopes for this game! i've been trying not to spoil too much about it though as i look going in semi blind to games!

Back