• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Rune Factory 5 Thread

new trailer! and second localisation blog!

By the way, does anybody know if dual audio options for RF5 are confirmed yet or not? I really like a lot of the Japanese VAs and I'd love to hear their work. I missed the direct RIP
it’s not confirmed I don’t think, but RF4S had dual audio so I’m crossing my fingers for RF5 having it too. literally the only thing making me want to play an ares file at some point is getting to hear toshiyuki toyonaga so 🙏

Ahhhh, happy to see a solid release date for this! October is basically March, so it's right around the corner. :love: There doesn't seem to be much new content in the trailer, though I've spoiled myself by watching a few players play the Japanese version. 🙈

The English voice acting sounds pretty solid!

Last edited:
Finally a release date and it's only 3 days before my birthday! Really glad to finally have more news on this as I decided to skip over the latest Story of Seasons game.

@-Lumi- Not sure if you've heard yet, but same sex marriage will be in the English game at launch (and added in a future update for the Japanese version).

You can read more about it on the latest localization blog here!

Looks interesting! This got me interested in checking it out when it comes out. Was looking at this and harvest moon and I think i like this more. I bought a previous one for the 3ds but never got around to playing it. 😅

Pre orders are available at Best buy and the XSeed store. The Xseed store has the wooly keychain too for an extra 5 dollars,

I was so excited seeing the same-sex marriage announcement that significant parts of the Direct didn’t fully process for me. It’s SO great! I’ve been playing RF4S lately and I love all the characters, but I’ve never been able to manage a Lest playthrough even with the avatar change because the game would keep reminding me it treats me as ‘male’ mechanically. Feels weird. Which is a shame, because I’d like to be able to marry Forte or Dolce or Clorica. I can ignore the misgendering and customize differently in SoS, but taking baths to restore stamina is a way bigger thing in Rune Factory and Lest and Frey are just enough more of characters to make it awkward.

aaaa, I'm so excited for this, I pre-ordered the Earthmate Edition!! I'm still really debating on who I want to marry but I'm so glad that I don't have to use more roundabout methods to marry a girl again. 😭

I'm sooo heckin' ready for this. I absolutely loved RF4 & RF4S. I'm still in the process of trying to marry every bachelor in RF4S, but I've completed the game multiple times already. Still haven't played as Lest, but my next playthrough I definitely will!

I'm not sure who I'm going to pursue in RF5. I'm kindddd of thinking I'll pursue Martin the blacksmith first. I mean, someone who names their favorite tools sounds too cute to pass up!

Just a couple more months to go. I really should finish 4 first but I don't know if I'll get the chance before 5 releases.

Just a couple more months to go. I really should finish 4 first but I don't know if I'll get the chance before 5 releases.
if you get the chance I definitely recommend finishing 4 first! since while they can be played completely independently 5’s premise is based on the ending of 4 so it’s a nice bit of extra lore to have.

104 days to go! I’ve been keeping a countdown ever since they announced the North American release date... finally almost down to double digits :’)

if you get the chance I definitely recommend finishing 4 first! since while they can be played completely independently 5’s premise is based on the ending of 4 so it’s a nice bit of extra lore to have.

104 days to go! I’ve been keeping a countdown ever since they announced the North American release date... finally almost down to double digits :’)
I need to finish 4 too, so thanks for putting the recommendation out there! I'm MUCH further off from finishing than I think I realize though. 😥

I enjoyed ruin factory 3, but never played 4.

I enjoyed ruin factory 3, but never played 4.
you should try 4 if you get the chance! it’s a really fun game & i really do recommend it if you’re planning on (or looking into) getting rf5 since like I said in previous posts while you can play any rf game completely independently without lacking anything (except maybe frontier) rf5’s premise builds on context the endgame story of 4 provides.

4 also has some references to 3 (Raven cameos in it and not only does she talk about sharance but she’s also an invaluable asset as a merchant + the multiplayer dungeon sharance maze returns as a solo postgame dungeon) so it’s a nice bonus for a rf3 player.

we are now down to 77 days until rf5 comes to North America btw! 2 and a half months......

you should try 4 if you get the chance! it’s a really fun game & i really do recommend it if you’re planning on (or looking into) getting rf5 since like I said in previous posts while you can play any rf game completely independently without lacking anything (except maybe frontier) rf5’s premise builds on context the endgame story of 4 provides.

4 also has some references to 3 (Raven cameos in it and not only does she talk about sharance but she’s also an invaluable asset as a merchant + the multiplayer dungeon sharance maze returns as a solo postgame dungeon) so it’s a nice bonus for a rf3 player.

we are now down to 77 days until rf5 comes to North America btw! 2 and a half months......
Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Ooh, I'm excited! ... even though I'm an imposter and bought RF4 for the 3DS wayyyy back in the day and didn't play more than 2 hours of it, tops. Oops.

I'm getting bored of ACNH these days, and am definitely looking for a more involved game — preferably with combat, life sim elements, crafting, and farming. Kind of like Stardew Valley and/or Fantasy Life. RF4 seems perfect to me, in theory (and then I don't have to wait until March for 5!)

To those who have played it: What's the difficulty like? Did you find the gameplay loop addictive (in a good or bad way)? What are your favorite elements of the game?

To those who have played it: What's the difficulty like? Did you find the gameplay loop addictive (in a good or bad way)? What are your favorite elements of the game?
there are 3 difficulty settings in RF4, so the difficulty really depends on what you prefer out of easy / normal / hard! i played on normal the entire way through in all 3 of my playthroughs and found it sufficiently challenging during the story (until i overlevelled my crafting skills and got OP, which is fun in itself imo.) the postgame dungeons are both Very Difficult but like, in a fun way.

RF is my favourite series so i am notably biased but i think the gameplay is very addictive as both a fan of farming sims and freeform RPG combat. the combat is really genuinely fun imo and it's 100% one of my favourite elements of both the game AND The series as a whole, i like the combat and various weapon types you can use. the characters are also really fun -- not even just solely from a Marriageable Characters standpoint, rf4 has a lot of good characters with fun dialogue that are fun to get to know and while unlocking events is a bit of a chore the town as a whole really feels like a Community and it's nice. i also like the crafting it's fun :] it gets a little grindy to keep up with because you Do need to keep up with it (you are NOT going to be able to get by for long off gear you can buy from the merchants ingame) but getting the levels up and making a piece of armour or a new weapon that has incredibly good stats is really satisfying.

basically since you used stardew and fantasy life as your examples: i agree that rf4 seems perfect and esp since stardew is inspired by RF's sister series harvest moon i think it should hit the spot pretty decently with what you're looking for in a game : o

@vanivon
Thanks for your in-depth response! :')

You've got me sold. There's something about a solid crafting + combat + farming loop that I find irresistibly satisfying. Plus, I love games that have a *~community~* vibe (and Stardew never did it for me, tbh). And a story! Sounds right up my alley.

After my applications are done at the end of January, I'll be back on this thread -- with a brand-new edition of RF4 Special for the Switch! :D

Just pre-ordered the Earthmate edition, so that'll make a nice birthday gift for myself this year.

I became obsessed with RF4 Special, so I've been really psyched for this one!

i also pre ordered my copy yesterday! i bought the special edition with the sheep keychain plush! i'm so excited that i've even booked time off work for the release haha, i find it hard to imagine i'll enjoy it more than rf4 (i've always preferred the handheld games over the console ones) but i have high hopes!!! i'm also avoiding any spoilers/reviews/gameplay so have no idea what to expect really

Back