• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A message to the Original Game fans, and why you'll never get another "perfect" AC game like the original.

There never was to begin with anyway.

I have to say that people keep forgetting that Nintendo designed New Horizons not to appease only the die hard fans. They also wanted to make the game open to new players.

This thread also proves that not all people are open to these "new changes." Most still prefer a polished version of the previous release. It's not that I can relate. I had those feelings as well. However, I decided to accept it and move on. There are still a lot of good things that happened in this new release that I like.

Despite all of the harsh criticisms that I read and heard, we can't deny its commercial success. Honestly, I prefer this game over New Leaf. Maybe I am just a minority.

I personally also prefer this game over New Leaf in general; something that I felt with all the other entries is that I did end up getting bored eventually, I don't think I've ever played those games every day without missing a single one for a year, and in New Horizons, I do come back every single day. I do miss a lot of things from the previous games and my perfect AC game would probably be a mixture between New Horizons and Wild World, but I can't say I'm not loving it tbh, it's been a well spent 1000 hours and many more to come

I know this threads old but I just need to say this, while I do understand that there are people out there who prefer to play at slow place, there is that one group that wants things to be done quicker. I know this has been a hot topic because Animal Crossing is supposed to be played on a slow basis. I get that, but the problem is that when you've done all of this for the longest time and you played the game for a year you want to hope that something gets improved and its taking longer than before.

The point I'm making is that regardless if you like the game or not, its very important to acknowledge the improvements that will make the game good for different people who plays the game differently. I know everyone has their own style of playing the game and there is nothing wrong with that, but there still needs to be improvements. We really don't know when its going to come so all we can do is just wait and hope.

Back