• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

-

man, i’m so glad to see style savvy in this thread!! i’ve played every game except style star, and it really is a fantastic series! i definitely recommend it as well, and i’d love for there to be a style savvy game for the switch one day! 😊
Style Star’s storyline is a delight - enjoyably quirky writing and characters, and the songs are surprisingly solid. I do wish the character customization hadn’t been impacted by the change in artstyle - for some reason, while there are much more varied skin tones for the NPCs, there’s a choice of four for player characters, and they’re all pretty washed out. And the style encyclopedia was for whatever reason not updated from Fashion Forward in a lot of sections even though there were significant changes to the hairstyle offerings. I still really love the rising pop stars, so I’ve replayed it several times, but definitely some weird quibbles. Still, I replayed it several times - highly recommend it on the whole.

Same on wanting a Switch release. I’ve checked the Japanese playlists from the last few Directs just to see if a new one was announced, since it’s more popular in, well, basically every region but North America and I’m pretty sure Fashion Forward was announced in a Japanese direct but not NA. No luck yet, but someday, I hope…

Dragon's Dogma.

Came out at the same time as Skyrim and just got entirely overshadowed, always hearing "it won't be as good as Skryim" simply because the game also has dragons, therefore must obviously be directly comparable and in competition...Though if we're comparing, the dragons here are far superior.

I've played it numerous times over the years and love how different each class feels. The strider class feeling like Shadow of the Colossus, knights like you're playing Monster Hunter, mages like you're just an omnipotent god (the magic in that game feels so damn powerful). Character creation is baller too. The typical minor differences for male and female characters exists like many games, but very rarely do I see a game where height and weight effect so much.
Oh, I loved that game. I still remember people buying the game because it gave access to Resident Evil 6's demo (lol) and I was like "dude, this game is awesome, forget about RE, let it die".

I mean, if anything, you can't say that you didn't learn that WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS, ARISEN.

A very underrated/underappreciated game is Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, on the Nintendo DS. It's the kind of game that I would love to see a remake of it, but it ditching the stylus controls because, well, no modern/current platform uses those (but it plays smoothly with the stylus, as it's gameplay was planned around it/touch controls).

Back