• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

-

Alpha Protocol was a really broken and unfinished game, but by god, its concept was really fun to play out. It's like the alpha version (wink-wink) of Mass Effect, where you get to pick the kind of spy you wanna play and play out the adventure in the way you want to.

And in fact, the clunky interface isn't even that bad once you get used to it, which is why I finished the game quite a few times just for a different experience.

Shadow Hearts 1 & 2: I don’t know that many people who have even heard of the game. The first one is more dark than the second one; regardless both have amazing stories (pretty emotional) and really fun gameplay. The main character is a harmonixer, someone who can turn into demons. The magic system in the second game is based on the Lesser Key of Solomon and the game has some historical figures in it like Anastasia, Rasputin, Roger Bacon and interesting twists. The humor in the second one is great along with the really wonderful voice acting. I love how both games you can get a good or bad ending. :)

I started playing dreamscaper a little bit ago and so far i am super impressed with the game! it is a rouge like/dungeon crawler game where you fight enemies in your dream world, then when you wake up you can talk to characters and invest in permanent power ups and weapons. it reminds me of hades a little bit in this way, but the story is way different. you play as a girl named cassidy who just moved to a new city after suffering loss and she is basically trying to overcome her nightmares in her dream state by battling bosses at the end of each biome that are named after these negative feelings like "fear" and "isolation." i haven't gotten further than the second boss but that's my description of the game so far! im sure once i play more i'll have a better understanding of the game haha, but like I said I am super impressed so far and surprised that this game hasn't gotten more attention !

Dragon's Dogma.

Came out at the same time as Skyrim and just got entirely overshadowed, always hearing "it won't be as good as Skryim" simply because the game also has dragons, therefore must obviously be directly comparable and in competition...Though if we're comparing, the dragons here are far superior.

I've played it numerous times over the years and love how different each class feels. The strider class feeling like Shadow of the Colossus, knights like you're playing Monster Hunter, mages like you're just an omnipotent god (the magic in that game feels so damn powerful). Character creation is baller too. The typical minor differences for male and female characters exists like many games, but very rarely do I see a game where height and weight effect so much.

Reactions: Raz
What is your favorite underrated game? Mine is Super Paper Mario for the Wii! Despite not being like TTYD-2, That game is amazing!
How about you?

Super Paper Mario is an amazing game! Honestly, it's probably my favorite Paper Mario! As much as I loved the turn based RPG elements in the previous games, SPM will always be my favorite just because of the story and characters.

As for me, I'd have to say The World Ends With You is severely underrated. It's got super unique gameplay and the characters and story are amazing! It's also gotta have one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a video game~

I remember a long time ago playing Jade Empire and wondering why it wasn't more popular.

Also Pokémon Puzzle League.

I also think Oracle of Ages/Seasons are pretty underrated when it comes to Zelda games.

my vote goes to ff4. Out of the ff games I super rarely hear it brought up! It's probably the nostalgia talking, but I way prefer its narrative over many of the later games, it just seems so winding and twisting. Loved it so much

I don't know how underrated it is but a game I don't hear talked about much is Fantasy Life for the 3DS. I really loved the gameplay and all the things you could do. I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in life-sim type games who has a 3DS.

I don't know how underrated it is but a game I don't hear talked about much is Fantasy Life for the 3DS. I really loved the gameplay and all the things you could do. I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in life-sim type games who has a 3DS.
seconding Fantasy Life bc i love that game & have been replaying it recently!! there's so much content in that game it's kind of insane. wish it'd get the Miitopia treatment and get an enhanced Switch port b/c it'd be perfect on that system and deserves the extra attention </3

Starfy - I never finished the DS game because of that last button mashing sequence, and it always made me sad because the game to that point was so cute and my jam!

Chibi-Robo: I’ve never played as far into the Gamecube game as I’d like, but I loved it when I did! Park Patrol’s a pivot but my preference for portables to consoles meant I’ve beaten it at least twice. I wish/hope someone at Nintendo gives the tiny cleaning robot who also heals human and toys’ hearts conceit another chance soon - Zip-Lash wasn’t a bad platformer, but it wasn’t what I wanted with Chibi-Robo.

Fantasy Life: GOSH, one of my favorites on the 3DS! Love it, so much. I second the hopes for a Switch port - it came out just ahead of the sort of Cozy Crafting Sim game trend, and I think a port would do really well with its optimistic vibes and gorgeous aesthetics! (Though a tweak to the crafting just so they aren’t all using the same three commands probably wouldn’t hurt, either.)

Some underrated favorites from me include Style Savvy (EXCELLENT boutique sim, and the fashion options are amazing! If you want more from the Able Sisters and have a 3DS, give Fashion Forward or Style Star a try,) Endless Ocean: Blue World (forever waiting a third game,) and the 3DS Story of Seasons titles. Trio of Towns is quite possibly my favorite farming sim ever - the characters are SO vibrant, the farming is complex but not overwhelming, and the town friendship mechanic is a cute little gimmick. I know a lot of people think the Bokujou Monogatari games peaked sometime between HM64 and A Wonderful Life, and I respect that opinion, but for me the 3DS SoS titles are the best the series has offered thusfar. I wish Pioneers of Olive Town had taken more from them - the farm customization would have synced wonderfully with the customizing from SoS1, and both 3DS games did a great job showing the towns growing. (ToT does so while having everyone unlocked and every major mechanic introduced by the end of Year One, which ANB and SoS1 could take a bit too long on.)

For me, the most overrated game. It's Figment. I bought it recently at a discount cost.games . Because I don't want to spend a lot of money on games. A small salary Totally passed. I was a little unsatisfied. Because it's a very boring game for me. Maybe someone else will like it.

Last edited:
For me, it's definitely Hypnospace Outlaw

That game made me cry, it's got such good writing and it's such a unique game, really fun with a light hearted attitude without sacrificing a fairly serious story, I could not recommend it enough.

Don't feel like you have to be nostalgic for 90's internet to enjoy it either, my boyfriend didn't have that experience and he loved the game too! It's just a good game.

Synopsis for the game for those interested: you basically play as a moderator for a alternate reality internet which you access in your sleep via a headband. You moderate the content on the websites (it's not serious stuff, it's actually pretty funny 90% of the time) and as you do your little moderation thing you have to sort of solve mysteries to find who needs to be banned. The story progresses as you find the right people to ban

Yomawari night alone/ series

It has cute graphics, and a horror game that Will spook you real bad haha. For me Its very very underrated, and Its a very good game.

Some underrated favorites from me include Style Savvy (EXCELLENT boutique sim, and the fashion options are amazing! If you want more from the Able Sisters and have a 3DS, give Fashion Forward or Style Star a try,)

man, i’m so glad to see style savvy in this thread!! i’ve played every game except style star, and it really is a fantastic series! i definitely recommend it as well, and i’d love for there to be a style savvy game for the switch one day! 😊

The WarioWare series... like I know it's been getting love recently but imo it's still not enough lol also the latest addition needs more minigames and a toy room. I put it down way too quickly. :(

Back