• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Benjie's Adventures in Sunville! ☀️💕 (AC:GCN)

Game
Animal Crossing
Island/Town Name
Sunville
Native Fruit
Peach

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
Hello all, and welcome to my Animal Crossing GCN journal! ☺️

I've been playing this game since January of 2008, and I do still have my original town (miraculously), but the current town I play is Sunville, created in November 2020! over the years I've had hankerings to create extra towns in this game, but I never really stuck with all of them (and one of my original towns, created shortly after my very first, corrupted only a few short months after starting it rip). this one, however... I've made it my job to make this town into a very welcoming and relaxing and, of course, flowery place to live! 🌼🌲🌷

my main resident is Benjie, he's just a funny little guy honestly. loves to wear the Bear Shirt and is often seen carrying a Pink Bunny Balloon.
20240322-104252.jpg

the current residents of Sunville (as of March 22nd 2024) are as follows:
327px-Kiki_PG.png
353px-Freya_PG.png
388px-Leopold_PG.png
321px-Sue_E_PG.png
506px-Axel_PG.png
456px-Ava_PG.png
339px-Bob_PG.png

385px-Puddles_PG.png
342px-Tutu_PG.png
390px-Cheri_PG.png
472px-Petunia_PG.png
372px-Fang_PG.png
384px-Jeremiah_PG.png
318px-Monique_PG.png
632px-Stella_PG.png

Kiki, Freya, Leopold, Sue E, Axel, Ava, Bob, Puddles, Tutu, Cheri, Petunia, Fang, Jeremiah, Monique, Stella

I also have Shell as a second player, who happens to be my broski @Shellzilla_515. maybe next time I see him we can play together again! since he'd never played the original game before, it really was a treat watching him play it for the first time, even if it was only for half an hour.

I tend to play this game off and on throughout the year, I've been on a kick for the last week or so. can't say for sure how often I'll update. It's usually just like, if something funny or interesting happens in my town then I'll share it here hehe. 😄
I've been a bit busy catching up with some stuff lately, so I wont post anything for now, but I definitely already have quite a few images to share! this is just an introduction of sorts. I'll be sure to post the good stuff soon. 💕

~ Bug 🪲

so as I said, I've been actively playing AC:GCN again for about two weeks now, and I do want to say first that I am technically capable of taking proper screenshots of this gameplay, I'm just too lazy to do that haha. so for now, at least, I'm just taking pics of gameplay with my phone and uploading them here hehe.
also, there will be quite a few images here since this covers the last two weeks of gameplay, so hang tight! hopefully my later posts won't be so crowded. 😭

my screenshot journey started when I got on the game for the first time in forever on March 9th. a lot of my villagers were saying things like, "where have you been for the last 23 months?" like dang has it really been that long? but you see, sometimes I get on the game and I talk to some of my villagers, but not all of them. so when I got to Rasher, aka one of the scariest villagers in the whole game, I saw this and nearly pooped myself:
20240311-114108.jpg

52 months?? that's like almost four and a half years!!! honestly I may have time traveled a bit because this town hasn't even existed for four and a half years 😂 pretty sure I accidentally set the year to like 2025 at some point oops. but regardless, this is a testament to how much I dislike Rasher. he ended up moving to my original town when I traveled there later on, so that's a relief. but don't worry, I've talked to all of my villagers now, so they're all happy and content with me. 😊

then my journey led me to something that I actually remembered from my old town. this doesn't actually concern Sunville but I really wanted to bring it up. I had some letters saved in the post office that were from characters which haven't existed in that original town in 14+ years. namely, there was an interesting exchange between my primary character (whose name is bleeped out bc it's my legal name), and a character I created named Daniel. yes, this game is where he (my New Leaf mayor/OC) originated! I think it's funny that 8 y.o. me decided to have this conversation over letters with myself, I was really into playing make-believe as a child haha. the spelling and typing errors make it even better! 😂

20240313-115228.jpg
20240313-115224.jpg
20240313-115237.jpg

speaking of that. Stella, the one who currently resides in Sunville, is actually one of my starting villagers from AC:GCN!! I've literally had her in my town since January 2008. she's moved back and forth between multiple towns, but she's never, ever left. she's probably the most loyal AC villager I've ever seen (closest would be Filbert, who has lived in my City Folk town since only a few months after I got the game, in March 2009). because of that, she will occasionally show me letters that I sent to her as a kid. if I can get her to show me one at some point I'll def share it on here.

at one point, while I was traveling to my old town, I encountered Blanca. apparently Benjie had never seen her before, so she went through all the first-time dialogue that I haven't seen in forever. when she asked me to draw her face, I drew this. I'd say it's a masterpiece, perhaps even blessed? 😌

20240313-132108.jpg

I randomly took this pic because Freya is so precious and the pink from the balloon and her flowers just made the pic extra adorable. I can't wait to catch her during cherry blossom season. 🥺❤️🌸

20240313-154755.jpg

finally caught this bugger after hunting for it off and on for years. I remember going on an excursion for a char and a koi back in 2022. I still haven't caught the koi skdjfksdf also what is that pun lmao.

20240316-192428.jpg

at one point Fang asked me which of these two fish is worth more at Nook's shop. um, what is a coloured carp? I assume he meant koi? they never refer to a koi in the game as a coloured carp so this was honestly very confusing to me. also forgot that the koi is worth about 2,000 bells, whereas the piranha I believe is worth 600, so I picked piranha and ofc I was wrong haha. but Fang is still a fool fr. 🐺🔨😤

20240316-192124.jpg

oh, now this was legendary. earlier on that same day, I caught Axel by the fountain, and he was like "quick Benjie! I'm scaring off all the girls! come up with a new phrase for me!" and I didn't even get an option, I was basically forced to give him a new phrase. so on the spot I came up with "yonkers", and now every single time I talk to Axel he calls me yonkers. I can't even 😭 SUP YONKERS???

20240316-100552.jpg

a few weeks ago, while I was looking for the GIF that's currently in my signature, I found another GIF of Bob with... a gun?? possible tw, by the way. yeah, I totally forgot about this, but there is literally a gun that is shot in the original Animal Crossing. it's kind of insane 😅 so when I learned that the spring sports fair was coming up and the footrace was an included event I thought, oh shoot, I gotta see one of my villagers with a gun lmao. and sure enough, when I went to the plaza on May 20th, I found dear innocent Jeremiah with a FREAKING GLOCK. he was like, "you might wanna back up a bit" like lmao might??? alright my dude.
(in case you're wondering, they shoot the gun to signal the start of the footraces while that mini-event is going on)

20240319-233639.jpg

here I'm just showing off that the police force in Sunville respects people of all kinds 🏳️‍⚧️💕 also learned that Copper is a bit of a hipster and really digs--I mean, likes KK Slider haha. he's so uptight all the time, he needs to chill for a while. those aerobics sessions do him wonders, I'm sure.

20240321-130201.jpg

that's all stuff that happened before, here are a few things that happened today:

I found out that the turnip price was hella high so I made some big buackroonies on the stalk market. I only sold like 3 bundles of 100 turnips. Nook's wallet is sobbing rn.

20240322-094518.jpg

I took a pic of Benjie in the dump because that's where he belongs lmao I found a few items and even a ball in there! who keeps throwing balls into the dump anyway? my neighbours enjoy kicking them around hehe. the ball was actually sitting on top of a shirt too which is wack. but anyway, the flowers and trees also make this area look so cute. I love the aesthetic of this game honestly. 🥰

20240322-105406.jpg

took this pic of Benjie talking to his friend Puddles and I thought it was so cute because she's pink and Freya's pink and the balloon is pink, but like... why does Freya look like she's out for blood?? 😂 she's coming for you Puddles run!!! dw she's just going after the soccer ball lol

20240322-105630.jpg

I did some stuff at the Able Sister's and when I talked to Sable she said "if you need help could you please speak to the clerk over there?" but Mabel was like "ugh sis!! there's no need to be so mean!!" or something like that, and then Sable gave this face. like omg, bless her heart 🥺 she's no meanie, she's just shy and stressed. I love Sable sm, I don't know if I've ever gotten her to warm up to me in this game, but I hope I can eventually. 🩷
also don't mind the bee sting, Benjie might be a fool trying to throw hands w a beehive

20240322-095511.jpg

that's all I have to share for now! I didn't think about doing this when I first started playing again so I didn't take that many screenshots, but I'll be sure to take more when I continue playing in the days to come! 💖✨

~ Bug 🪲

Back