• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[3DS] Blazblue Continuum II vs SSF4

CookingOkasan

C H A T B O T
Bells
Switch
0547-1832-9017
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
Yoshi Easter Egg
Hey guys, so I'm about to pick up 2 games for the buy 2 get 1 free deal going on at gamestop.

I plan on picking up Fantasy Life for 3ds and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for Wii U.

For my free game I'm looking to get either SSF4 or Blazblue for 3ds.

I was a big fan of the Guilty Gear series and I know that Blazblue plays very similarly to that. I've read a lot of reviews on the game and it seems to be packed with content. However, it does not offer any online play whatsoever... This is a huge flaw in the list of features...

SSF4 is familiar and offers online play, which is reason enough for me to opt for SSF4.

Do any of you own either of these games and have an opinion that might help me make a decision?

Blazblue is on 3DS!? How the heck have I been unaware of this!?! (probably because after a quick google search, it's a pretty rare game that didn't get much marketing at all, at least in the UK).

I'm really fond of BlazeBlue (TAOkaka as a clue) and have always been into street fighter since I was a kid.
I've played them both, but not the handheld versions specifically (I had them on PS3). I don't expect there to be all that much difference between each version though since they're largely just ports.

BlazBlue is personally one of my favorite games (so, some bias expected) with everything from characters and story to soundtrack and balance being almost perfect. The games have also had a good amount of single player content to get busy with so far and I expect the 3DS version to be no different. As well as the 'difficulty' settings being really well balanced, it took me a while to be able to destroy the computer AI so it's a fun challenge for a while even against the CPU.
I will admit that the lack of online in the 3DS version could be an issue though. Online is something I expect to be in a fighting game by default these days.

Street Fighter 4 was good, but my problem with it was the lack of things to do and I don't expect the 3DS version to be any better here since it's just a port. It was really made with the intention of online play taking up a majority of play. BlazBlue trumps it in this regard.
It does have online but the question is whether the online community on 3DS is even worth mentioning in the first place. It could be entirely dead at this point with people opting to play the PS3/360 versions instead. You should really look into that above all else otherwise, you might get tired of Street Fighter pretty quickly with nobody online to fight against.

I would personally go with BlazBlue as I imagine the Street Fighter online community for 3DS wouldn't be that great these days (if it's not entirely dead), taking away most of it's replay value.
This alongside BlazBlue 3DS apparently being quite rare...If you can pick it up at a good price (free is a good price), you should.

Last edited:
Back