• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Glitched Game -invisible villager house

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheddarcat

Bells
Wolfgang was supposed to move into my town. I got his plot down where I wanted, saved the game. TTed ahead one day.

Issy doesn't say anyone new moved in. My map shows the house being there, but when I got to house, it is invisible. You cannot walk through the area, it is just like a house is there. No signs of Wolfgang at all.

I went ahead another day, and then another. No house, but still shows it there. *sighs*

EDIT: I no longer think this has to do with TTing. It simply glitched out. I think it was caused by having Wolfgang move in through adoption from another town, and before he put his plot down, I invited a camper Wolfgang to live in my town. I thought that since Wolfgang was in my campsite, that he wasn't going to move in so I asked him to move in. I think this caused some strange problem. I got mail saying he wasn't going to move in the day his plot turned invisible.

Point is, I have an invisible house where you cannot build anything/walk through. Wolfgang is listed on my map but I cannot send mail to him because he doesn't exist. If I click on the animal list/map it crashes my game. No animal can move in because Wolfgang is still considered an 'in progress' mover, despite the fact that he will never move in.

Last edited:
I have never heard about Time Traveling corrupting your game but this is VERY strange. A Glitch I guess. :( I'd say try to invite a random villager in? His house may disappear when you do that. I don't have any other ideas though... Let's hope you can fix this somehow.

I have a letter in the mail saying he isn't moving in....but his invisible house is here.

I should try to invite someone in, I might try it.

You should try to snag one from the Trading Plaza. If it's one you don't really like you'd have to TT them out later, I guess. Still way better than deleting your town. o_O

That's really weird! If it doesn't work soon I would give you my Wolfgang but I already have a buyer for him.

I have a camper right now, I may try to move him in t see what happens.

I can trigger the move in request, and the game (lost first time), so that looks good. I have a bad feeling they will send me a letter saying they can't move in after I ask them.

I guess I will try to see what happens. Might as well, the invisible house seem permanent!

- - - Post Merge - - -

and thanks Mew, I am a little upset about Wolfgang because he was my favorite cranky, but I can get over that. I just don't think I can have 10 villagers anymore D:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cousteau is moving in. Let us see what happens!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh no! I clicked on the list for villagers next to the map to see if Wolfgang's name was there..and the game crashed!

That is not a good sign D:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can, however, look at the list of animals to send mail to. Wolfgang is not listed.

This could actually have nothing to do with TTing, but it might. Once I saw where Wolfgang had his house, I saved the game. I TTd ahead a day, but I also changed the time by a few hours. the origincal time was something like 3:56 am. I changed it to 00:56 am along with the date.

When I came back, Wolfgang's plot was still there and he hadn't moved it. Before the date change, Ankha was in my campsite. I come back after the change, and Leonardo was in my campsite.

I still went ahead a day.

Wait, it is even stranger now that I think about it. I adopted Wolfgang from someone, and went forward to when he should have put his plot down and it wasn't there. Someone was in my campsite and I checked it, and it was Wolfgang so I invited him to my town. So it may have tried to move in two Wolfgangs?

I am so confused.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a feeling it has to do with the Wolfgang in my campsite that I invited to my town, when I already had a Wolfgang moving in >.> I thought he was lost, and since he was in my campsite I figured he wasn't moving in. *twitches*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cousteau sent me mail saying he can't move in.

Looks like no one can move into my town. Now I wonder if anyone can move out, or if it is stuck in a 'mover' stage, and thus unable to have anyone move in and out?

I might be ok with this. My 8 villagers are pretty much dreamies, I was thinking of trading Whitney but I am not opposed to keeping her.

I suppose I will never have a Rudy or Bob...and no jock or cranky PWPs EVER. UGH.

I just updated my dream town. Can someone go check it out? The invisible house is the only one on the north side of the river, next to my alt's house.

BEWARE! SAVE BEFORE YOU GO TO MY DREAM TOWN! I am not sure if looking at the villager list next to the map will crash your town! It crashes mine! Let me know how it goes!

Did any of you run into the invisible Wolfgang house? I assume it is there if the list crashes games like it does with mine.

And thank for liking my paths itshelenkayy, I made them myself and love them <3

Thank you everyone for checking it out. I appreciate it, although there is nothing to really be done...I was simply curious XD

I am very tired and must go to bed. Thanks again everyone who read my rant/mystery and checked out my dream town. I will be back after I wakeup.

I suppose the moral of the story is...don't invite a camper to live in your town when that same villager is moving into your town, because I think that is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back