Glitched Game -invisible villager house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this thread since you started it and I've been trying to think of things you could try, but I can't think of anything that could help!

I'm wondering though, what happens if you go talk to Isabelle about problematic citizens? Does he show up on the list?

So sorry I haven't got any ideas that might help you. I just wanted to wish you luck with it all. acnl may be a nice relaxing game, but it can cause people a whole lot of trouble sometimes.

Arg. That situation totally sucks :B

I got Fauna, but on the next day she didn't put her plot. I had to play on that day with my main, and then TT again so that she could put her plot. If on the next day that i TT and that i found another fauna in my camp and that i invited her, I think it would have definitely made a glitch like yours. I think having 2 Wolfgang makes the glitch, and i really doubt if you can fix this problem :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

WOW. The invisible house is creepy O_O !
Poor you! And my game did crash >~<

I just visited your dream town, but I was too paranoid to check your map. However, I did walk in front of Wolfgang's non-existent house.

I would try to get another Wolfgang, as another user stated, but I don't know if it would work. Try contacting Nintendo on the phone, maybe? I haven't tried it before, but maybe they could figure something out?

So about your town again. Off topic but I'm sorry I'm in love with your town layout! Just had to Say it.

I revisited your town and that is weird crap. Also whoever said the creepypasta thing... Get the publishers I wrote a story!
Don't worry I put based off *your username*'s issue. You have 2/4 credit! The person suggested a creepiest got 1/4 and I got 1/4 for doin a lot of writing. I'll put it up in the museum thread soon!

And have you tried planting a tree by the house? It'll probably wilt but just a guess.

Wolfgang just moved into my town, if he requests to move some time soon I'll tell you and we can try. But just explain your situation in the Villager Trading forum and I am sure someone will want to help! I think it might work to get wolfgang to move in, or at least trigger the game to refresh and fix the bug.

Right now I have Leonardo moving out so it might be a while before my wolfgang moves.

I've been following this thread since you started it and I've been trying to think of things you could try, but I can't think of anything that could help!

I'm wondering though, what happens if you go talk to Isabelle about problematic citizens? Does he show up on the list?
He is not listed as a problematic citizen. He seems to be stuck in a moving in phase, but glitched out because he shows up as a house on my map, thus why the game crashes when you click on his house on the map, because he isn't actually supposed to be on the map and the game doesn't know how to handle it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So sorry I haven't got any ideas that might help you. I just wanted to wish you luck with it all. acnl may be a nice relaxing game, but it can cause people a whole lot of trouble sometimes.

Thank you very much! It is a little sad for me, I spent a lot of time in my town and now it is messed up D: The upside is I get a unique invisible house!

- - - Post Merge - - -

So about your town again. Off topic but I'm sorry I'm in love with your town layout! Just had to Say it.

I revisited your town and that is weird crap. Also whoever said the creepypasta thing... Get the publishers I wrote a story!
Don't worry I put based off *your username*'s issue. You have 2/4 credit! The person suggested a creepiest got 1/4 and I got 1/4 for doin a lot of writing. I'll put it up in the museum thread soon!

And have you tried planting a tree by the house? It'll probably wilt but just a guess.
I will read it when you post it! :) You can plant flowers by it, I assume a tree will wilt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wolfgang just moved into my town, if he requests to move some time soon I'll tell you and we can try. But just explain your situation in the Villager Trading forum and I am sure someone will want to help! I think it might work to get wolfgang to move in, or at least trigger the game to refresh and fix the bug.

Right now I have Leonardo moving out so it might be a while before my wolfgang moves.
Of how kind of you! I posted on the villager trade and someone else had a Wolfgang that might move at some point. I don't want to take him from someone who loves him though. It just seems to be the LAST thing I can try to possibly get this fixed. I don't think Nintendo will do anything, and I don't want to reset my town, so it is the last option that may not even work!

If you are willing to help, I would be very grateful. Just PM me when he decides to move, even if it takes a while. I will post here if I find another Wolfgang before. No rush, no one is moving in anytime soon LOL <3

What I find interesting is that this seems to be the only recorded instance of the glitch. You are the only google result I could find.

It would be interesting if anyone could replicate the glitch. Perhaps by checking the camper in the town, finding someone offering the camper, convincing the villager to move from another town, and then convincing them to move from the campsite.
I also wonder if it would be the same if the camper was asked first.

Perhaps the game is having difficulty in deciding whether the Wolfgang is from another person's town or from the campsite and thus somehow the data got corrupted during the generation process.

If it isn't figured out by the time I've gotten all the villagers I want, then I may make an attempt to do this.
On the other hand, I'm curious about what other kinds of limitations this will place on your game (Other than the current glitching that is).

What I find interesting is that this seems to be the only recorded instance of the glitch. You are the only google result I could find.

It would be interesting if anyone could replicate the glitch. Perhaps by checking the camper in the town, finding someone offering the camper, convincing the villager to move from another town, and then convincing them to move from the campsite.
I also wonder if it would be the same if the camper was asked first.

Perhaps the game is having difficulty in deciding whether the Wolfgang is from another person's town or from the campsite and thus somehow the data got corrupted during the generation process.

If it isn't figured out by the time I've gotten all the villagers I want, then I may make an attempt to do this.
On the other hand, I'm curious about what other kinds of limitations this will place on your game (Other than the current glitching that is).

The only way to know is to test and see if it can be replicated, but that is already a rather difficult thing to do. Also, I don't want anyone getting a game messed up like mine unless they really wanted it!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did his plot appear when you TTed? :9
The first TT day, the plot did not appear. The second TT day, the plot still had no appeared. That is the day that the Wolfgang camper was at my campsite. I asked that Wolfgang to move in. In my experience, plots usually appear on the first or second day after inviting them, so I thought I had messed up and thus invited the camper Wolfgang.

The day after I invited the camper Wolfgang, a Wolfgang plot appeared. The day after that, I got the letter from Wolfgang saying he isn't moving in and the plot turned invisible.

It sounds like Wolfgang's house was never able to fully load. This most likely will not work, but before 6am play the game. At 6am it will reload the town and hopefully Wolfgang's house with it. If not try to mess with the house by hitting it or running far away and coming back and hope the game loads it, but this does not seem likely and would only work for the invisible fruit glitch.

Last edited:
I have 2 games if you think it might glitch my game I can transfer him to my TT game and butter him up to move again to yours. Im not attached to him, I am more interested in the cats, bunnies and Hamsters XD

Really weird...
According to your town tree, there's no sign of Wolfgang at the beginning with the list of residents. But about midway through the whole credits, my game crashed. So I'm assuming that it got to the point where Wolfgang moved in (somewhere in October?). Have you tried contacting Nintendo about this?

It sounds like Wolfgang's house was never able to fully load. This most likely will not work, but before 6am play the game. At 6am it will reload the town and hopefully Wolfgang's house with it. If not try to mess with the house by hitting it or running far away and coming back and hope the game loads it, but this does not seem likely and would only work for the invisible fruit glitch.

I will try the 6 am thing soon! I will try almost anything at this point!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have 2 games if you think it might glitch my game I can transfer him to my TT game and butter him up to move again to yours. Im not attached to him, I am more interested in the cats, bunnies and Hamsters XD

Your game shouldn't get glitched at all. It should only affect my game. I would love a chance to try to get my game normal again!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really weird...
According to your town tree, there's no sign of Wolfgang at the beginning with the list of residents. But about midway through the whole credits, my game crashed. So I'm assuming that it got to the point where Wolfgang moved in (somewhere in October?). Have you tried contacting Nintendo about this?

Oh I never thought to look at my town tree credits. I didn't know that it crashed! Yeah I got him when I was TTd to October. I emailed Nintendo the night it happened, about 2 days ago. No response yet. I may call them Monday. It is something the Animal Crossing team should know about and look into I think, it is just a matter of getting Nintendo's attention, which I figure is kinna hard :/ The game has the ability to update, so I think they could make a patch to fix it, but being the only case, I feel like they wouldn't spend their time on one person. Although it could happen to others over the years, so it would be wise for them to patch this up.

Has anyone e-mailed nintendo before? If so how long did it take? Still have no response from them and wondering if I should send it again.

Update: Got an e-mail reply back that said to call. I called, and the only solution given was to send in my game and system. However, they did say they could potentially delete my game save/town in order to 'solve the issue' which I was not willing to risk.

He did say he put it into the system as a new issue, and implied that someone may look into it. I am however not very confident that anyone at Animal Crossing will see it. I included my dream town so any technicians can see the errors for themselves, but like I said I am not very confident that the AC team will get it and patch the issue. Looks like I have an invisible villager house forever!

Update: Got an e-mail reply back that said to call. I called, and the only solution given was to send in my game and system. However, they did say they could potentially delete my game save/town in order to 'solve the issue' which I was not willing to risk.

He did say he put it into the system as a new issue, and implied that someone may look into it. I am however not very confident that anyone at Animal Crossing will see it. I included my dream town so any technicians can see the errors for themselves, but like I said I am not very confident that the AC team will get it and patch the issue. Looks like I have an invisible villager house forever!

KK Wolfgang wants to move now! He has 3 days so if you can clear open a spot in at least 3 days I'll give you him, if not then I'll transfer him to my other game and work on getting him out again to give you another chance. PM me! If you can take him sooner I'll TT to his move day.

P/S if they dont take the issue seriously we could try to get some people in the BTF to report on it multiple times to make them realize this IS an issue. It can easily happen to anyone and be game breaking for them, so it DOES need to be patched. Whats the link to where you reported? I'll report that it happened to me too XD

Last edited:
I just went to your town. At least Wolfgang's house is out the way :L

WOW. That's horrible for you ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back