• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Wi-Fi rating feature (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
You may have seen "Wi-Fi Rating" under your names in The Train Station and Re-Tail boards. Go to someone's profile and click the Wi-Fi Feedback tab. This is our new feature for leaving positive or negative ratings when you play Animal Crossing online with someone. This way, if, for example, someone is known to steal items, it will be documented for all to see in their ratings. So we will see how this works and if it works well we will keep it.

I was wondering how new this feature was!

I think it's a nice addition only potential problem can we view who gives us the rating we get?

This looks interesting. It will make a little warning for players without publicly showing to a hundred members, lol.

I saw this flickering on and off and was wondering when it would go into effect. I agree with Garrett though -- it worries me if the recipient knows who left them feedback.

If they do, I wouldn't want to leave any negative feedback -- anyone who is a bad trader is definitely the type to bomb you with fake negative feedback to get back at you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I was just able to use it with a few problems:

I copied the deal url but it kept getting rejected as invalid
the additional comments are not optional, 10 characters or more are required to send the form.

And yeah, since it's not anonymous I can't imagine actually reporting a bad trader since you don't have to prove that the trade/visit actually took place and revenge feedback would be a problem. But getting lots of +1 ratings would show that someone is a good trader, so I think it will help.

Yeah, I think it should be anonymous. I don't want bad players to give bad feedback to others since they know :-(

Changed the additional comments to no minimum character requirement. I also experienced some issues with the deal URL, we'll look into it.

Uh, I personally WANTED to know who gives rep or not because I tend to piss off people and I don't want them giving me bad trading rep when we never traded.

I'd think it'd be best to leave anonymity off. People could abuse that to harass others-- and if someone receives negative feedback and harass the person who sent it... well, that would be a definite cause for a ban. :T

And adding URLs doesn't seem to work for me at all. If you're using the example as a guideline to regulate the URLs, I might know the problem: the example has a ".com/forum/showthread.php" field, whereas most (if not all) urls here just have ".com/showthread.php" (such as this page, which is "http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?76292-New-Wi-Fi-rating-feature-(Beta)")

I'd think it'd be best to leave anonymity off. People could abuse that to harass others-- and if someone receives negative feedback and harass the person who sent it... well, that would be a definite cause for a ban. :T

And adding URLs doesn't seem to work for me at all. If you're using the example as a guideline to regulate the URLs, I might know the problem: the example has a ".com/forum/showthread.php" field, whereas most (if not all) urls here just have ".com/showthread.php" (such as this page, which is "http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?76292-New-Wi-Fi-rating-feature-(Beta)")

I agree with keeping anonymity off, it would be way to easy to harass people, or leave false feedbacks.

Ooh yey! Time to get testing~ *-*
I don't think I could leave negative feedback though... If they knew it were me... o.o

Ooh yey! Time to get testing~ *-*
I don't think I could leave negative feedback though... If they knew it were me... o.o

I hope that is the mindset a lot of people have.
To only leave negative feedback if they absolutely have to. That will keep it from being abused.

I think it's good that your name is on it, now that I'm using it. I also like that you get an alert that someone else has left you feedback so you can go check on it -- and get reminded to leave that person feedback if you want to.

I think it's going to be a lot like ebay, where no-one leaves anything negative, but even so, not getting feedback will keep your rating low.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So the daily limit seems awfully low to me; I think it let me leave 4 total? I was hoping to catch up on just the past few days of trades. Would it be possible to raise the limit while we all catch up on recent trades?

Couldn't you also report your feedback if you feel you were graded unfairly?

It's strange, now that there is a Wifi Rating, I sort of want to get more involved in the Re-Tail Board.

I am really liking this feature so far. It's easy to use, and I particularly appreciate the lack of anonymity- thanks for implementing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back