• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How did you find out about Animal Crossing?

When I was 13 on the day my baby brother was born I went out with my grandparents to go get a game while I wait for my mum to come home from the hospital. I went to my local game shop I think it was GAME but anyway, saw the gamecube game there I think it just came out too. Played it loved it and still do but I want an actual main series game not any of this side game nonsense.

I've known about AC since Gamecube but I never played it until Animal Crossing New Leaf came out. Harvest Moon was my cup of tea prior to ACNL but I do wish I played AC games before ACNL. Glad I finally did :D

When the Wii still had internet compatibility, I used to use its various applications like the Check Mii Out Channel, Everybody Votes Channel, etc. The application I used most however was the Nintendo Channel that had trailers for the latest Nintendo games, E3 Presentations, and my personal favorite, Nintendo Minute. I forget how I came across it, but I became interested in City Folk.

A couple of years after the Nintendo GameCube was released in North America, I received a platinum console and Mario Cart: Double Dash for Christmas. My parents later took me to Game Stop where I found a used copy of Animal Crossing that someone had sold. Animal Crossing was unknown to me before I came across it as a 7-year-old. It's been almost 13 years and I'm still in love with the games; I've played the GameCube version, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Animal Crossing: City Folk, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'm debating whether or not I should purchase Happy Home Designer. This thread has made me nostalgic...

Back about in 2010 or so, my big brother had Wild World and City Folk and I watched him play it. He let me make my own character and I got addicted. He abandoned Animal Crossing now, because of the Xbox 360/1. So now I have WW, City Folk, and New Leaf to myself. <3

I got an original DS for Christmas when it first came out, and Wild World came with it. I had never heard of AC before, but I actually logged a lot of hours on the game, when I actually wanted a DS just to play pokemon lol :) I've been hooked ever since!

A close friend of mine owned the previous nintendo pink DS lite and played animal crossing wild world a head of time, so once I got my own pink ds we played the same game together since she recommended it, ever since then I really liked it and played so much I crushed my game, now I'm playing animal crossing new leaf woohoo~

My sister had wild world and I played it and I thought the game was pretty cool and unique, so I decided to purchase my own. it was the start of an addiction

My sister and I rented the Gamecube version of the game from a video store and she played it first. She came to me afterwards and said the game was so good and that I had to try it. Ever since then, I've been playing Animal Crossing.

When I was a kid I saw a copy of it at Target and thought it was the neatest looking video game ever and bought it with some of my birthday money. Oh and it came with a free memory card ( the game took up most of the memory card though but whatever)

My parents have German friends whom come over once in a while (or we visit them). They have 4 boys as kids and one of them had a ds whom I always played Mario with. One day I saw him playing ACWW and I really liked how it looked so I played it on his ds (in German lol) and asked my parents to buy it for me too. Got hooked after that!

Growing up, my older sister had an NES and I loved playing and watching her play the Mario Bros games. So I bought a DS Lite in 2005 or 2006 so I could play those games again. I remember seeing Wild World in Walmart and Target while I was browsing and I thought the cover looked really cute. I finally bought a copy in late 2007. The reason I waited so long is because I didn't know anything about it.

i had just recently moved in with my cousins in puerto rico, and they decided to show me animal crossing for the gc b/c they thought i would like it, and boy, did i ever. i immediately bought myself a copy. and the wii version had just come out as well, so i snagged that as soon as it hit the shelves. i was never one for wild world, although i do own it. i own all of them lol and pft, people say i have a problem.

I was really young and stupid, so a few days after Christmas I just got my DS and I wanted to buy a game for it. I didn't really care what game I just wanted to buy something for it and spend money, stupid I know. Anyways, my sister saw it on the shelf and we went and asked the guy who was doing the Wal-Mart game section at the time what he thought of the game he said it was really good and then I had my heart set on buying it. My mom said I should wait and do some research on the game but I was bullheaded and I went and got it. I came home popped it in and I fell in love.

I was a subscriber to Nintendo Power since the late-80's, so in 2002 when they talked about this new game I wasn't very interested. When I heard it had NES games in it and used the e-reader though, that's what sold me, so I've been with it since November of 2002, and glad I did, the main series is getting pretty good as New Leaf outshines pretty much every entry, but just barely beats e+ though, that's by far my favorite console version.

I don't remember how I first learnt of the first game in the ac series that I played (I think it was wild world), but I learnt of new leaf about a month before my birthday (probably the year I joined this forum) because I saw an ad on tv for it lmao.

My older brothers had wild world and I encouraged them to buy the gamecube version. I tried the gamecube one and that's where my addiction started. I loved it so much.

Back