• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

weird stuff you've been caught doing?

i used to eat paper, bark, etc as a child... years later my parents were shocked to discover that i was autistic

1611898548574.png

The last place I lived in had an old space heater with only one setting, so during winter the whole place would get uncomfortably hot. Whenever it became too much I would go outside for about a minute to cool down. There were definitely people who saw this, and I imagine watching someone casually walk around outside in a T-shirt during a Canadian winter would have been a bit concerning.

Decades ago I made a 6 ft figure of Eddie, the Iron Maiden mascot, complete with a wig and clothes.
His face was paper mache and the body was a wire frame stuffed with newspaper.

My friend and I were in a band and we wanted to take some cemetery shots with Eddie the monster.
We went to Gore Hill cemetery, and I put Eddie up against someone's headstone, and propped my bass guitar up against him and started taking photo's.

Of all the days to visit an old grave, the deceased's family shows up, looking at Eddie with complete and utter horror, and I started to try and explain the situation and not look completely insane doing it, but just said.. "Look.. there are no words.."

We grabbed Eddie and our guitars and bolted.

>..<

Didn't stop us doing it again, multiple times. :D

Last edited:
Once when I was 13 my parents let me stay home while they all went to a football game. So I thought it was a perfect time to do some digital art since I had to be completely alone to draw because I was super embarrassed of people sneaking up on me while drawing. My only tools ofc were MS paint on the janky family computer which the livingroom door was right behind. To make a long story short I drew something really cringey and right as my family walked in I X’d out without taking a pic on my 3DS. So it was embarrassing AND a bummer because they caught a glimpse anyways.

But a couple months later I talked to my mom and she let me get Colors!3D so I could finally draw digitally in the privacy of my room on my 3DS lmao

I chuckled at the thread title.

Anyways, I guess people have caught me talking to myself out loud before? I do that a lot - sometimes intentionally, but I usually have this dialogue with myself.

Does being perceived as doing something weird count? Everyone else had gone to bed and I was sat in the dark watching a drag performer's music video with headphones on when my flatmate walked in. She completely misinterpreted the content and I couldn't get a word in edgewise around the stream of apologies and "don't worry! it's fine! etc". I've no memory of where my hands were during this, so perhaps it looked strange from her angle.

Talking to myself
Sometimes i like to refresh my ideas talking out loud
I know is a little bit weird but it helps me remember my stuff to do and dont forget some important things
I also like to do this while im studying for my exams because in my head it seems like a good way to solidify my learning

I would get really scared by someone that in intentionally scare me. Like once I was on a video call playing acnh with one of my friends, and she said she had to go for a bit. So the other side of the call was quiet and I quickly got used to it. Then she came back and said hello really close to the mic and I jumped in my bed. I had to explain to her what happened lol.

not really weird but when i was 8 i was watching the Simpsons in my room. my mom caught me and yelled at me for it.

This is really tame compared to some of the others listed here, but it was terrible at the time. One time, when I was younger, I came home after spending the previous evening at a friend's place. I went to my room to grab a change of clothes before I took a bath and ended up hitting my knee on something. While I wasn't injured by any means, it did hurt a lot. So, still tired and quite angry, I ended up hurling profanities at the inanimate thing, because I thought I was alone. Nobody had told me that a friend of my syblings had spent the night at our house while I was away and had taken to sleeping in my bed. Naturally, I had woken them up by mistake.

I'll dance to myself if I'm listening to music alone, but I feel like everyone does that. But I guess most "weird" stuff I do is with my sister- when we're together we have our own weird culture (kind of like twins even though we are not twins) and act a certain way because its funny but we never do it in front of other people. Its awkward if we think we're alone in a public bathroom and then someone catches us, etc. I can't even explain what we do, its very unique lmao. I guess it involves a combination of years of inside jokes. We still do it even though we are in our 20s now, its evolved since we were kids though. I don't even act like that to that extreme with my best friends, its just very different lol. But regardless I never tell anyone about it (besides my best friends) or would hate for an average acquaintance of mine to catch me like that because its super weird and makes me look crazy.

-i talk to myself a lot. like full on convos. it helps me get my thoughts out better and calm myself when need be. <:3 i get caught doing that a lot...
-talking to little critters? ;w; when it rains i move worms and snails that get on the concrete so they don't suffer and i talk to them when i do. but i also just like to hold worms sometimes and i end up talking to them here too... x3 i find them cute! anywho i've been caught just talking to a worm, snail, icnhworm, caterpillar, etc. while sitting outside <x'D

Singing silently to myself while reading a book or whatever I was doing when I was younger

I still cringe about it to this day (;T_T)

Okay I just discovered this and read all of your guys' posts, this is hilarious

As for me, one time I hid from housekeepers and they walked into the closet I was hiding in, vacuumed the place and hit me with the vacuum, and I still don't know whether or not they knew I was there the whole time.
I'm not sure if this other time counts but one time I ran into a bathroom at school and started vomiting in the trash can (I was reacting to birth control for the first time) and a girl walked into the room and saw me vomiting, mascara running down, tears in my eyes, and said, "are you okay?" and i said, "no im vomiting" cause like it was obvious i was not okay
and she just responded with "okay then" and walked out of the room.

One time I accidentally went into the men’s restroom at a grocery store, I didn’t know what to do so I hid in the stall in the back and waited for a man to leave. Then I bolted out to be greeted with my mom laughing at me. I was a kid. 🥲

So when I was little, I would mix things together outside (mostly mud and water).

I remember this one particular time me (and I think my brother, but I am not sure) were mixing mud, water, butter, and this red seasoning/powder together. My mom somehow found out, took the bowl from us, washed everything out, and said it looks like "throw-up" 😂 😂 😂

I was totally into random documentaries about Teen Mom's and usually they are quite.. weird, let's say.
Anyways, I was totally focused on one one day and didn't notice my bf standing behind me and then he
just said "How can you watch this all day long without losing all your braincells?" >:

Back