• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

weird stuff you've been caught doing?

Fortunately I don't think I've been caught doing too many weird things but when I'd been very young my sister and I would sometimes tie some string around our dolls and dangle them from our bedroom window so they could abseil down the building, we didn't find it odd but perhaps we should've done in at a window at the back of the house and into the garden rather then in front of all the neighbours at the front who were a bit confused by it.

A few times while I was young I also thought I'd try making my own shampoo/conditioner or perfume so I collected lots of flowers which I crushed up and put in the some empty bottles and then finished it off by mixing in whatever shampoo/conditioners or perfumes that I could find round the house. I was never actually caught doing this and I never used them but I did store them in a drawer under the bed in the spare room and forgot about them until we moved house many years later and someone else had the lovely treat of finding them 😂

Other things have probably just been the customary bad singing and/or dancing, luckily usually only around the house and caught by family, which most people have probably been caught out on at least once.

When I was younger, there was some big trend going on about dancing behind strangers. I tried this, unfortunately not realizing until it was already too late that the person had turned around right before I started dancing. They were (understandably) looking a bit confused, so I panicked and ran away at full speed, which probably didn't help their confusion at all.

Another, more frequent thing is that sometimes I get a little too into mouthing the words of a song and just kind of... emit a high-pitched squeak? It's gotten me some funny looks.

Yep. I’ve been caught headbobbing to music which isn’t weird but it’s still embarrassing to me. 😂

Back