• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

small rant// so ive just been forced to reset my town...

catschaoi

Bells
Mailbox
User Title Color Change
Silver Mailbox
i really dont know what just happened, but i opened my acnl and my town wasnt saved or something?
so ive just been forced to do a COMPLETE reset!
-
i know its just a game, but im so upset
i was in the middle of making flags for people, i'd JUST got every villager i wanted and my town was nearly complete
i had SO many bells, my museum was nearly complete, my house was fully expanded
-
so now im confused as to where to start on my new town
do i draw it and map out where i want things? or do i just do it?
this means quite a bit of tbt for people because ill need flowers and fruit and things for my house, but ill make threads for that later on
-
i just dont know how to start...
any suggestions?

-EDIT-

if anyone wants to see how my towns starting to progress in a dayand possibly leave some suggestions, let me know c:

Last edited:
If you want some flowers I have a ton in my town. I could probably also get you most of the fruits if you're interested. That really sucks that you had to reset though. =[

yeah I can go check my shop :) if you ever need bells let me know. I have tons

- - - Post Merge - - -

i also have black and blue roses I'm not really using

If you want some flowers I have a ton in my town. I could probably also get you most of the fruits if you're interested. That really sucks that you had to reset though. =[

if you could, that would be amazing. how much would you want? ill have to take all i can get for now ;;

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah I can go check my shop :) if you ever need bells let me know. I have tons

- - - Post Merge - - -

i also have black and blue roses I'm not really using

thank you so much, id let you know if i do

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Was this a cartridge or digital copy? Maybe you should get a new copy if the old one is corrupted?Decide if you need to do that, then spend a little time thinking exactly the layout you want for the town (the perfect spots for retail, townhall, the plaza, shape of river and beaches and how all that fits the ideas you have for placing pwps, paths, etc.) and if there's anything from the old town you would have liked to change that you can now have in a new town. Once you have that in mind start map resetting. Once you find a possible map visit the town and see what it looks like (fruits, grass shape, villagers, etc ). If you like it save, if not don't save and try again.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry this happened to you! Was this a cartridge or digital copy? Maybe you should get a new copy if the old one is corrupted?Decide if you need to do that, then spend a little time thinking exactly the layout you want for the town (the perfect spots for retail, townhall, the plaza, shape of river and beaches and how all that fits the ideas you have for placing peps, paths, etc.) and if there's anything from the old town you would have liked to change that you can now have in a new town. Once you have that in mind start map resetting. Once you find a possible map visit the town and see what it looks like (fruits, grass shape, villagers, etc ). If you like it save, if not don't save and try again.

thanks for the advice ^^ the cartridge came out while i was playing, and instead of just deleting what i did since my last save, it just deleted everything. i cant think of any other explanation. my cartridge should be fine because if its not in my ds, its in its case. ive never dropped it or got it wet ;;

thanks for the advice ^^ the cartridge came out while i was playing, and instead of just deleting what i did since my last save, it just deleted everything. i cant think of any other explanation. my cartridge should be fine because if its not in my ds, its in its case. ive never dropped it or got it wet ;;

omg - that's scary, since that means it could happen anytime to anyone with a cartridge if it accidentally pops out (which happened to me before with another game). Looks like you've got people wanting to help you get started with stuff, but I'm really sorry you lost all your hard work :(

omg - that's scary, since that means it could happen anytime to anyone with a cartridge if it accidentally pops out (which happened to me before with another game). Looks like you've got people wanting to help you get started with stuff, but I'm really sorry you lost all your hard work :(

im so lucky with this community! everyones so sweet. thankyou so much, im playing the same cartridge and its working completely fine. you know if i get some corrupted creepypasta stuff on this imma be mad

What exactly happened? Was the town already reset (title screen showed a different town) or did the "your save data is corrupt" message show up?

I'm sorry about that, I can offer help if you need.

I've heard a lot of stories about this. It's pretty frightening, because if it ever happens to me I will quit for good definitely.

I hope you can get back on your feet soon!

i dont even know how to hack, i just opened my acnl and my town wasnt there, the entire cartridge just reset. ive never dropped it or spilt anything on it, so i honestly have no idea what happened. im playing the same cartridge right now and everything seems fine other than the fact ive had to reset. im currently putting down my path and planting trees, its slowly getting there. thanks to everyone who's helped me with fruit, tools and hybrids. i apprechiate it soso much!!

oh boy. I'm hoping this never happens to me, but at the off chance that it does, I have a plan to remake the town into a blue or purple themed town instead of building myself back up again

Back