• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Any villager you didn't like as much as you thought you would once they moved in?

Livvy

Ain't that just the way
Bells
Blue Hybrid Rose
Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Just curious. :) Has anyone had dream villagers they've ended up not being that into once they were actually living in their town? Who was it/why?

I have Baabara, but reaaaally wanted Willow because I liked her yellow wool and name. So I scanned in Willow with an amiibo card and I have both of them rn (both snooty sheep) but I think I actually much much prefer Baabara to Willow after all. I thought I would love Willow, but she's been kind of annoying so far tbh. haha

tbh... marshal... there's always the huge hype over him, and i agree, his character design is really cute, so i decided to get him to have a smug in town. i still like him, don't get me wrong, but i don't LOVE him, and i prefer kyle, who i accidentally let leave when i was still a noob at this game ;;;

Beau! For some reason he just wasn't as cute in game as he looks in the art. :/

Pekoe... within the first week of moving in she'd gotten 3 of my other villagers to change their shirts to match hers. No pls stop. Be more diverse in your fashion sense people. I actually really want her to move out but she won't seem to budge.

I thought that I would like Plucky. She's not a Dream villager by any means, but I thought she would be the best of the Uchi personality, which I am not fond of. I was very wrong. I did not care for her at all. Luckily, I have some Amiibo cards and was able to get her back out of my town quickly in favor of Fuchsia, who I very much prefer.

Funny thing that I don't often see people mention Phoebe for Uchi villagers. I like her a lot !

However I think I dislike every sheep in the game, this just doesn't work for me :p

So far, the only villager I disliked from start and appreciate now would be Bill.

I also have Elvis from the beginning, and hope he'll leave soon enough !

Bella. I know she's quite unpopular and not exactly easy on the eyes, but I really thought she would grow on me. I liked her enough to adopt her, but I ended up replacing her after a while.

The overhype for Marshal was real.
I was super excited to get Marshal when he randomly moved into my town, But when he moved in I was like, "Meh."
I totally forgot I still had him in my town, So i time traveled. The next 3 TT's he was gone lmao

Last edited:
Dobie. I got him free, and I can't complain, but... Meh. I like him, but I would much prefer one of the other cranky wolves, like Fang, or Wolfgang. Also his house exterior doesn't exactly look the nicest.

Like I said, I like him, but not enough to ask him to stay if he say's "ay dyl im moving bye"

Also I'll *probably* give him away since I got him free, and it wouldn't feel right to make a ptofit on him.

Chief~ I got really excited when he moved into my town, but I actually didn't even talk to him much, I don't really understand why he's in tier one, his personality is~meh~ and his design is~meh~, I think people just really like wolf villagers but i'm not that fond of them tbh.

Erik. I thought I would love him, and really I should because his house is adorable and he is a moose, but idk he just kept doing annoying things and I couldn't wait for him to leave. He should also have a better name. Erik doesn't fit for a lazy mooose imo haha

I didn't like Rudy at first because he was a jock type character, but he ended up being really sweet and cute xD

Hazel moved into my second town... O god..That uni brow...
I also didn't really like Rhonda, She's not terrible, But I just really didn't like her.

^ I love Hazel!
I didn't really like Ankha's design as much as I thought I would, her eyes seems a bit stiff. I actually had Beau as a starter villager in two of my towns now, so I kind of like him, but he's pretty neutral.

julian. he plopped his house in the middle of an orchard so I got pretty mad at him.

I don't get that many popular villagers. The ones I do get (stitches, maple, wolfgang) are the ones that I actually like.

Haha, yeah. I actually randomly got a lot of tier 1 and tier 2 villager amiibo cards before I even knew about tiers, so I just scanned those in to replace villagers I didn't like - some of them I like and some of them are meh. Willow I really thought I would like though.

I also have Skye and Cookie who are okay, but I'm not crazy about their personality or design. Skye I am warming up to a lot more, but I will replace them most likely. probably will replace Willow with Muffy (I love sheep and I still need a uchi character) and then Merengue and Tia to replace Skye and Cookie. I feel like I need a peppy and cranky villager though. hmm. Maybe I will replace Baabara with someone peppy or cranky. Even though I do like Baabara, so idk.

Hopkins and Erik for me. I moved in both with amiibo cards, but both moved in the same horrible spot (right in front of the train station and behind the plaza), and neither one ended up being interesting. Plus their appearances were both letdowns for me; I thought Hopkins was adorable at first and I thought Erik looked really cool on his amiibo card, but the little grey thing on the back of Hopkins' head was a major disappointment when I first saw it, and Erik is far better-looking on his amiibo card than in-game.

In addition, Mallary and Olivia were ones I thought looked pretty cool, but when I had them in New Leaf and City Folk respectively, they weren't as interesting as other snooties I had. Especially Mallary; she ended up being extremely boring and I didn't like her appearance as much as I thought I would; at least Olivia's appearance lived up to my expectations.

None of them were really dream villagers (although I was considering all but Mallary as a possibility), but I did think I'd like all of them way more than I did.

Last edited:
Flurry. I didn't care for her at all, her gifts were always cheap and she'd argue with the other villagers.

Back