• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ohio State Fair ride malfunction???

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
K so I just heard earlier that there was a ride "malfunction" at the Ohio State Fair (which happens to be about an hour from where I live), and I found a video of what happened and oh my god!! It's horrible! It's probably the cringiest and most heart-wrenching thing I've seen all year! It's so sad to see that people got on that ride just to have fun, and didn't realize that something so terrible would happen!

According to a few sources, one person was confirmed dead and seven others were injured.

From what I saw in the video, it looks like some of the cars on the ride hit the beam when it came back down, and it caused the cars to come off and some others to fall out of the ride.

What are your thoughts? I think it's more irresponsibility than anything, because those who put up the ride should've been responsible enough to make sure that the ride was 100% safe. I've never ridden a big or fast ride like that mainly because I have motion sickness, but now I'm definitely not gonna ride anything like that!!

My condolences go to the families of the one who died and of those who were injured. What a terrible fate...

Here's the news article about it.

omg that's absolutely awful! my heart goes out to everyone affected... i agree- it's definitely irresponsibility, and. just. ugh.

the whole thing is just heartbreaking

This kind of stuff is why I'm so distrusting of rides. This is freaking awful!

Back