• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sentiment on the TBT Artist Community

zeoli

[Noah : he/him]
Bells
う
ど
(If this is the wrong board, feel free to move. I wasn't sure where to post as this does pertain to the museum. Also, I apologize for this being so long. The length probably makes it more of a blog post but, I did want to share where people were more likely to see my thoughts.I feel nervous posting this so I hope this goes well.)

Recently, a couple of my friends and I have been sharing memories when it comes to the Museum board area. When I had joined back in 2015, I felt so amazed because I saw so many threads of artists. Whether it was galleries, adopt threads, art auctions, contests, pricing boards, freebies, or shops, the area was alive and booming with threads. So many artists I had looked at and thought "Woah, artist goals!!" or "Woah, I need to post more so I can get some of that!"

Even though it caused me stress back then, I miss trying to snipe people during art auctions. I also remember praying, to whoever could hear my thoughts, that someone wouldn't snipe me. In the same, trying to post quick enough to secure a spot in art shops was just as fun and stressful. Feeling excited when you ninja'd a spot and feeling the opposite when someone ninja'd you. Great fun, would highly recommend.

I must also admit that, as much as I hated it at the time , I miss when certain users of the art community would post constantly. Whether it was for price checks, help, or just simply bumping their board up. Deep down? I always did find amusement in seeing these users so often. Looking back to the boards from 2015 and mid 2016 bring me down in all honesty. I miss so many users.

Back in the day, I remember being so scared to join in on the community. Was my art good enough and would people like it? I look back now, like most artists, and cringe when I see my old art. At the time though, all I could remember was being nervous and believing at the time that I was posting my "best." On June 15th, 2015, I opened my first shop. Of all the shops I have had since, I still feel like this had been my most successful. I was shocked when I started getting a lot of TBT commissions. For the first time in my life I felt like people actually liked my art. It was an amazing feeling.

As time passed by, I had tried some things. I joined a member run contest as a judge/prize giver, a member run contest as a contestant (well, I submitted art in hopes of winning at the time ), secret santa event, and even a freebie board a long time later. I felt so comfortable and looking back on how nervous I was to take part in the art community here, I can't help but laugh. Anyone who knows me knows sometimes I make myself sick from worrying over the smallest things. It is honestly silly now just HOW nervous I was.

It was definitely a crazy ride.

There are so many artists I want thank, though the majority have left TBT to pursue more with their art. All I can do is hope they are doing well.

Because of this art community, I feel like I've grown both as an artist and as a person. I miss the liveliness of this place. For as small as it was in comparison to places like dA, it shaped me into the person I am now. It almost felt like we were all one big family. I can't help but hope that some day it will return to a more fun and active place.

After sharing, I wanted to ask if anyone else has sentiments/thoughts/memories about TBT's Art community and would possibly like to share? In turn, all I ask is for people to not be malicious to others.

I'm no longer part of any art community online. I miss it a lot because the feedback and critque always helps, but on the positive side leaving helped me establish my own art site elsewhere, and I get a lot of feedback on there. Communities like this help develop artists for when they go out into the real world, I feel, and it's nice.

The inactivity of it comes down more to the overall inactivity of this forum. It'll pick up again as more games get released.

honestly couldn't have said it better myself? A+ post right here.

I honestly have no clue where I'd be without this art community. I joined in 2014 and I've learned so much and met so many awesome people on here it's kind of insane. It's basically the only community that I actually talk to people in. It is a shame of how dead it is nowadays, but it is sort of inevitable. It's always been my home and it's pretty much what made me the artist I am today, so I don't plan on really leaving anytime soon.

Like Bowie said, I'm sure things will pick up a little once a new game is released! ^^;

this lowkey makes me tear up
I miss that too esp. since tbt really did help me start my whole artist experience and although i feel like im 100x better now, part of it has to be with the critique i used to get (even when it sounded harsh to me)
I've been in this community for so long and it made/makes me sad that its so dead now ;;

I really miss this too! TBT gave me the inspiration to pursue more with my art. I always remember doing art trades, buying art, and all kinds of fun things in this forum. I always hung around the Museum, morning to night. I barely go on anymore but every now and again I like to check back here. I've met alot of amazing people here and this community will always hold a special place in my heart. ♡

Back