• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Makes You Nervous?

What makes me nervous? Public. People. Anything outside the apartment, honestly. It's funny, because I love talking to people. Or apparently, so. I just, I usually lose that nerve due to my bipolar episodes, but once that manic side is over, I'm falling apart, literally. I just.

I can't be in public.

Especially at night. I constnatly look over my shoulder when alone, and still do, with my boyfriend.

public speaking, people watching me do something, making direct eye contact with someone, and when someone tells me that they have something to tell me (especially when they have a serious look on their face)

Thunderstorms, hurricanes, tornados, etc.

There's one going on right now and with the wind and loud sounds, I'm trying not to shake in fear.

current world events

also being watched while working. it feels like I'm being judged or not doing a good job, which leads to me not doing a job as efficiently as I could. I work much better alone and I try to tell people but they get mad

Public speeches and calling people on the phone. Luckily, Im getting less nervous for talking on the phone.

Speaking up in class is a problem for me. It's like when my professors call on me to answer something, my mind goes completely blank and I can't answer which just makes me look unprepared and ignorant. :(

Group work is another thing. All of my friends are different majors than I am, so I very rarely have any friends in my classes so it's always a moment of panic when we have to do group work. I usually end up pairing with someone who has a friend that's absent.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Walking past a huge group of people by myself.

This too.

Like... everything.

Talking to people
Calling in to places to ask for things or to make appointments
Bad weather
Driving
Sleeping

Just literally everything makes me nervous.

Everything makes me nervous lmao
I've got generalized anxiety disorder, but my anxiety/nervousness is getting vaguely better since I started taking medication for it so yay :p

Situations where I have to be social make me super nervous though, or if I'm outside of my house whilst it's dark; especially if I'm alone.

Doing anything for the first time, besides that nothing really ^-^

Okay honestly calling people on the phone and I have NO idea why
but I think it's a pretty common irrational fear

i get nervous when public speaking, but not so much anymore as i just fake the confidence nowadays, i get really nervous when i say something to somebody out of anger and the person starts typing for a really long time, speaking of that when somebody begins typing for a really long time out of nowhere, i get nervous speaking on skype because i really hate how my voice sounds and i've been judged on it before so my confidence has basically plummeted and whenever somebody asks to skype, i always reject because of my voice.

Last edited:
Talking to people (that I don't know / aren't comfortable around) either 1 on 1 or in groups. Calling people (other than my partner), honestly a lot of things make me nervous

The usual - public speaking for sure, exams, some bugs, and even some medical appointments can make me feel a little sort of jumpy or uneasy. Trying to get to somewhere new for something time sensitive makes me a bit restless as well. But most of all, just thinking too much! You can do it about most anything, and I find that all it does is make me focus on all the ways something could go wrong. I like to make realistic plans and preparations, and then try to just take a 'whatever will be, will be' stance after that. You could go mad with worry otherwise, trying to anticipate and control every little thing before you've even come to that situation.

Back