• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you feel guilty kicking out villagers/letting them move?

Sometimes I feel a bit quilty, but not long. Generally I just let villagers go, who I don't like or can't stand. Dreamies or nice villager I'd let go if I had the photo. But I'm happy if I can make someone else happy with the villager.

I just kicked out someone today who has with me since almost the beginning. I've kind of gotten tired and realized that her color doesn't match what I want for my town. I didn't feel guilty or regret even if she's popular (also because I have her card) XD

The two I have kicked out with amiibo villagers are the two I have disliked the most from the beginning. I had tiny twinges of guilty feelings, but no regrets. I never hit them with anything (except if they had fleas :)-and then only once (really!)).

I went to their birthday parties with a gift, got them endless fish and furniture, delivered stuff to their friends when they were too darn lazy...no regrets, only relief that I don't have to see them anymore. Until I visit my grandsons town, where they both moved because I had no idea there was anything called "the void." :(

I wish I could get rid of my 7 amiibo's. I want all normal villagers. 6 months and no amiibo ever pings to move.

I used to not let a villager move out until I received their pic. Had a pretty long run. Now I let them leave if I don't interact with them much.

It depends on who the villager is. If it is a villager that I had really like, but had to kick out in favor of another villager, then yes, for sure. If it is a villager that I never really bonded with, that was was just kind of then, then I kind of feely bad for never taking the opportunity to get to know them. If it is a gillager that I don't like, then I am not guilty at all when they move out.

Yeah, it's hard when you grow attached to them. I had a hard time moving out Coco because I had her in the original game. I put up pictures of the villagers I really miss, whom I had to move out to make room for my dreamies.

I feel a little bit guilty. I call Main Street my walk of shame as I encounter all my unwanted original villagers there. ;)

I do feel bad because I really want to move in some of my dreamies but I liked most of my originals. Mac is my first original I asked to leave. He hasn't left yet and will be in boxes soon but I will miss him. I only got rid of him because I don't feel as much of an attachment to him. I still liked him though as a villager. I hate even more that I will not be able to move in anyone else until he leaves because as soon as I asked him to leave, Diva moved in. I don't like Diva and she ruined my garden with her house >_> I know as soon as she pings me to leave I will let her. I guess it depends if you like the villager, not enough to make them stay but enough to be sad when they leave.

I've played since game release, but I have several towns & I'm a really slow player, so its not so much of a deal that I (almost) have all my original villagers.

I've only ever (as yet) got one villager to leave - Gigi - she pinged to move, I said yes but I felt bad about it and hence kept talking to her with Mayor and alts - and she turned around on one of my alts and said she would stay.
I got her to leave by scanning in a card & replacing her that way - and yes I do still feel sort of bad about it.

I've got more to replace (if not naturally, then by scanning in a card) as I have several duplicate villages (eg 3 Zells).
And yes I'm more than likely going to feel bad about it.

But the game is set up for villagers to move, its the natural order of games & life to have change, so embrace it and go for the changes you want.

Last edited:
I've never kicked a villager out with the new feature but I've never felt bad about letting a villager move. Actually now that we can kind of control where new villagers move in by placing paths I feel even better letting villagers go when they ask me.

As katysu said above, it's the natural order of the game for villagers to come and go, and I like seeing my main street fill up with past villagers. Plus I think it's fun to meet new villagers. I just want to be able to determine where they move so they can't mess up the flow of my town.

If i have that Villager for years, it just feel weird to see other animal in his place instead of him/her but if is someone else that i just want to move out no.

It doesn't matter what is the reason, the thing is i do not feel guilty.

Not if I don't like them.
Get out Rocket. I've been sending you rotten turnips every day for 2 weeks and mean letters. Stop saying how much you love them, we both know you don't belong.

I hate Rocket.

NOPE

okay well I maybe felt a little bad letting Freckles leave not too long ago. I hate Freckles but she seemed to like my mayor a lot. Constantly giving away the Freckles Pic.

Glad shes gone tho

Unfortunately I'll never be able to get rid of my Amiibo villagers.
I loathe them.

I want them all gone.

Only 3 villagers ever ping to move, and I'm sick of it.

I think everyone has villagers he dislikes and he likes. My starters are mostly ugly af or I just don't care about them or don't want them and before I start a town or while I have a town I always have dreamies I wan't to have in my town(s). So I have to kick someone out of my town for them, honestly, why should I be unhappy or feeling guilty because I'm kicking someone like Beardo? If it's someone I truly like, I'm very unhappy.

I didn't use to but now I do feel a bit bad. I've had some of my villagers for years now so I've grown used to them.

Back