Do you feel guilty kicking out villagers/letting them move?

Sometimes I feel a bit quilty, but not long. Generally I just let villagers go, who I don't like or can't stand. Dreamies or nice villager I'd let go if I had the photo. But I'm happy if I can make someone else happy with the villager.

I just kicked out someone today who has with me since almost the beginning. I've kind of gotten tired and realized that her color doesn't match what I want for my town. I didn't feel guilty or regret even if she's popular (also because I have her card) XD

The two I have kicked out with amiibo villagers are the two I have disliked the most from the beginning. I had tiny twinges of guilty feelings, but no regrets. I never hit them with anything (except if they had fleas :)-and then only once (really!)).

I went to their birthday parties with a gift, got them endless fish and furniture, delivered stuff to their friends when they were too darn lazy...no regrets, only relief that I don't have to see them anymore. Until I visit my grandsons town, where they both moved because I had no idea there was anything called "the void." :(

I wish I could get rid of my 7 amiibo's. I want all normal villagers. 6 months and no amiibo ever pings to move.

I used to not let a villager move out until I received their pic. Had a pretty long run. Now I let them leave if I don't interact with them much.

It depends on who the villager is. If it is a villager that I had really like, but had to kick out in favor of another villager, then yes, for sure. If it is a villager that I never really bonded with, that was was just kind of then, then I kind of feely bad for never taking the opportunity to get to know them. If it is a gillager that I don't like, then I am not guilty at all when they move out.

Yeah, it's hard when you grow attached to them. I had a hard time moving out Coco because I had her in the original game. I put up pictures of the villagers I really miss, whom I had to move out to make room for my dreamies.

I feel a little bit guilty. I call Main Street my walk of shame as I encounter all my unwanted original villagers there. ;)

I do feel bad because I really want to move in some of my dreamies but I liked most of my originals. Mac is my first original I asked to leave. He hasn't left yet and will be in boxes soon but I will miss him. I only got rid of him because I don't feel as much of an attachment to him. I still liked him though as a villager. I hate even more that I will not be able to move in anyone else until he leaves because as soon as I asked him to leave, Diva moved in. I don't like Diva and she ruined my garden with her house >_> I know as soon as she pings me to leave I will let her. I guess it depends if you like the villager, not enough to make them stay but enough to be sad when they leave.

I've played since game release, but I have several towns & I'm a really slow player, so its not so much of a deal that I (almost) have all my original villagers.

I've only ever (as yet) got one villager to leave - Gigi - she pinged to move, I said yes but I felt bad about it and hence kept talking to her with Mayor and alts - and she turned around on one of my alts and said she would stay.
I got her to leave by scanning in a card & replacing her that way - and yes I do still feel sort of bad about it.

I've got more to replace (if not naturally, then by scanning in a card) as I have several duplicate villages (eg 3 Zells).
And yes I'm more than likely going to feel bad about it.

But the game is set up for villagers to move, its the natural order of games & life to have change, so embrace it and go for the changes you want.

Last edited:
I've never kicked a villager out with the new feature but I've never felt bad about letting a villager move. Actually now that we can kind of control where new villagers move in by placing paths I feel even better letting villagers go when they ask me.

As katysu said above, it's the natural order of the game for villagers to come and go, and I like seeing my main street fill up with past villagers. Plus I think it's fun to meet new villagers. I just want to be able to determine where they move so they can't mess up the flow of my town.

If i have that Villager for years, it just feel weird to see other animal in his place instead of him/her but if is someone else that i just want to move out no.

It doesn't matter what is the reason, the thing is i do not feel guilty.

Not if I don't like them.
Get out Rocket. I've been sending you rotten turnips every day for 2 weeks and mean letters. Stop saying how much you love them, we both know you don't belong.

I hate Rocket.

NOPE

okay well I maybe felt a little bad letting Freckles leave not too long ago. I hate Freckles but she seemed to like my mayor a lot. Constantly giving away the Freckles Pic.

Glad shes gone tho

Unfortunately I'll never be able to get rid of my Amiibo villagers.
I loathe them.

I want them all gone.

Only 3 villagers ever ping to move, and I'm sick of it.

I think everyone has villagers he dislikes and he likes. My starters are mostly ugly af or I just don't care about them or don't want them and before I start a town or while I have a town I always have dreamies I wan't to have in my town(s). So I have to kick someone out of my town for them, honestly, why should I be unhappy or feeling guilty because I'm kicking someone like Beardo? If it's someone I truly like, I'm very unhappy.

I didn't use to but now I do feel a bit bad. I've had some of my villagers for years now so I've grown used to them.

Back