• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers that you started out hating an dended up loving!!

OoMayorSummeroO

beautiful disaster
Bells
Ok so Jitters is my like one of my few OG villagers still in Cribbet from a year ago this Xmas. Originally I wasn't his biggest fan...I didn't like his nick names (i.e.: ladybro, and cleats) plus he was always asking me to do stuff when I'd PBVIOUSLY be busy already!! He also was big with the drop ins while I'd be redecorating and that was annoying...but for some reason he was always writing me letters and sending presents amd would be the only villager up with me at 6am so we'd end up chit chatting quite often.
He also had NEVER not used any item I sent him (excluding clothes..) I've sent him many a shirt but it seems he is quite attached to his sleeveless white collared shirt lol
Anyways now we are BFFS...I totally love him and have him sending me love notes at times!!!

Bruce was also a major jerk at first and he has become rather Buddy Buddy with my other villager, Autumn...I think they've may even be dating lol

I'd LOVE to know about others who have had this sameness experiences....

Ps: I had jambette as an OG and she was always getting sick...I was forever giving and betting medicine for her..she was the first to get the boot once i bought amiibo cards to scan...ANYONE else's have sickly villagers??

In my old town I was going for an all cat town so I had Tabby move in, now I know she isn't cute looking what so ever but when I think of Tabby I imagine an ally cat and so that's why I feel like she has such a rough looking appearance to her. Anyways, I ended up falling in love with her and would constantly talk to her or send her letters just because she seemed so unique to me.

Kid Cat seemed like a migraine when I saw him in my town. (Old Town)
He was actually pretty unique! He seemed ALOT more different than Bam did, he also would say unique stuff regarding about surveillance and heroic stuff.
Kinda wish I didn't reset it. :p

I'd have to say Pietro. I really don't like any ACNL sheep OR clowns, but he's so unique and nice to me that it's hard not to like him. Now I am sorta theming my town around him, making it totally dream themed and no dream is complete without a crazy clown!

I'd have to say Pietro. I really don't like any ACNL sheep OR clowns, but he's so unique and nice to me that it's hard not to like him. Now I am sorta theming my town around him, making it totally dream themed and no dream is complete without a crazy clown!

Omg omg it's SO funny you say Pietro!!! Ok so I HATE clowns and have had a SERIOUS phobia of them since I was a child (when I was about 2 1/2 a clown tried to take me outta the circus my au pair had taken me to (I believe it was the BIG APPLE circus) and it traumatized me deep down to my core) and when I saw Pietro in a town I was visiting I looked him up...now, me, i personally love the sheep I've met in AC so far, and so he had thaI going for him...but I dunno I was like drawn to him, but he never moved in on his own when one of my villagers would bounce..
Then i ordered a series 4 pack or cards and he was in them!!!!!!! I moved him in and my daughter was dumb founded cause she is VERY AWARE of her mommy fear of clowns...but I told her there was something about him I liked!!! He hasn't been living in Cribbet all that long, but he isn't AS out going as I thought he'd be. Maybe it's because I've stood him up 2x (by accident I had an emergency at my kids school, and the other time I was busy and forgot!!) I like him...and I'm glad I moved him in cause he's adorable to look at (I don't really think of him as a "clown" sheep....lol more of a trippy Raver sheep ) and am hoping he will warm up to me.

Is that just how he is?? Like stand offish at first and the more you write to him, talk to him and have hm over the more he warms up to you??

Katt and Hazel. Both of them plot right in my perfect fruit orchard buuut long after I reset those towns, I looked at them again and their designs are just adorable. Katt the batcat and Hazel and her uni-wow. Hard not to like. :D

Tia, tbh. When I first saw her, I really didn't like her design and I wasn't a big fan of normal villagers at the time. When I started my second town, I found out that she was one of my starting villagers. Even if I didn't like her, I kept her anyway because I like collecting villager pictures.

I had her for about four months before she moved. She became one of my favourite normal villagers and I felt heartbroken when I had to move her out.

Ricky. He was one of my starting villagers and I despised him, namely because where his house was ,was the perfect spot for the campsite, a do just wanted him gone so I could build it. But he never pinged asking to move out, and as time went on I became more and more fond of him, and eventually I decided to build my campsite elsewhere. Now he's one of my favorite villagers.

Rocket the Gorilla.
At first I thought she was really ugly but now, mixed with her high-pitched voice and her expressions, personality and looks, I think she's adorable.

Cesar for sure. I die for villagers I find cute, and at first I hated him because I thought he was ugly lol. He moved into my first town and wanted him out because he wasn't cute to me, but once you start talking to him you see that he's got that kind of dad/older brother kind of attitude towards you. It really grew on me, and plus he was funny! He's my favorite gorilla now, one of my favorite villagers too. He just moved into my new town, but earlier today he pinged me about moving. Because of my brother distracting me with his talking I accidentally told Cesar "Okay, good luck!" and I swear my mouth hit the floor when I realized what I did. Lol hopefully I can get him back some time, the lovable ape.

Omg omg it's SO funny you say Pietro!!! Ok so I HATE clowns and have had a SERIOUS phobia of them since I was a child (when I was about 2 1/2 a clown tried to take me outta the circus my au pair had taken me to (I believe it was the BIG APPLE circus) and it traumatized me deep down to my core) and when I saw Pietro in a town I was visiting I looked him up...now, me, i personally love the sheep I've met in AC so far, and so he had thaI going for him...but I dunno I was like drawn to him, but he never moved in on his own when one of my villagers would bounce..
Then i ordered a series 4 pack or cards and he was in them!!!!!!! I moved him in and my daughter was dumb founded cause she is VERY AWARE of her mommy fear of clowns...but I told her there was something about him I liked!!! He hasn't been living in Cribbet all that long, but he isn't AS out going as I thought he'd be. Maybe it's because I've stood him up 2x (by accident I had an emergency at my kids school, and the other time I was busy and forgot!!) I like him...and I'm glad I moved him in cause he's adorable to look at (I don't really think of him as a "clown" sheep....lol more of a trippy Raver sheep ) and am hoping he will warm up to me.

Is that just how he is?? Like stand offish at first and the more you write to him, talk to him and have hm over the more he warms up to you??

Haha that is too funny! I'd love to have his amiibo card too!! Does your daughter share your town with you? That's my goal one day. My daughter is 8 months old now though, and she likes to watch me sometimes while I catch fish and tell her what kind they are haha. To answer your question about Pietro, since he is a smug villager you do have to talk to him a bunch before he really starts to become your friend! The thing I love about smug villagers is how they say they hoped they would see you. They ALL say it but it's cute to me haha. He wasn't this way at first but as I warmed up to him he warmed up to me. And now we are bff's haha. :p

I wasn't a fan of Sydney at first, but after awhile I got used to her. I really liked the color purple that she had (plus she lived next to Static which I liked)

Cesar for sure. I die for villagers I find cute, and at first I hated him because I thought he was ugly lol. He moved into my first town and wanted him out because he wasn't cute to me, but once you start talking to him you see that he's got that kind of dad/older brother kind of attitude towards you. It really grew on me, and plus he was funny! He's my favorite gorilla now, one of my favorite villagers too. He just moved into my new town, but earlier today he pinged me about moving. Because of my brother distracting me with his talking I accidentally told Cesar "Okay, good luck!" and I swear my mouth hit the floor when I realized what I did. Lol hopefully I can get him back some time, the lovable ape.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but if you talk to Cesar constantly after you tell him good luck with his leave, you still have the chance to tell him to stop moving. I hope that helps. :p

Hazel. When I first saw her house plot and googled her, I was sooo mad. I hated her unibrow! She was so ugly, I thought. But I actually fell in love with her. She is sooo adorable and small and unique. She's like the "loser" in school that everyone ignores because of her appearance, but then you get to know her, and she's actually the sweetest thing ever. I would have kept her if her house wasn't in the way of my landscaping :(

Haha that is too funny! I'd love to have his amiibo card too!! Does your daughter share your town with you? That's my goal one day. My daughter is 8 months old now though, and she likes to watch me sometimes while I catch fish and tell her what kind they are haha. . :p

Omg where do I begin?? So I have 2 amazing daughters. My oldest is 7 (I had her young) and she is whom my mayor is modeled and named after...Summer. Then I have a 3yo who is named Autumn and another villager I made is modeled and named after her, and then there's Oliver whos modeled after my husband when he was younger...
Anyways, we had originally gotten ACNL and HHD for summer for xmas 2015...and she liked it...but I started playing (I'm an old Skool gamer...we have EVERY NINTENDO system ever made and almost every game in our home..we are gamers here hardcore) and I just FELL IN LOVE! I'm an OG RPG game lover (earth bound is my all time fav) and AC combined everything in one game that I've ever wanted in a rpg. I love everything about it (although I do have a few things I'd love for them to add or change buuuut..)

So I kinda like took over lol. We shared the town but (I wrote one of my first posts about this incident) she discovered having other players over..and she's SO trusting and kind that even tho she had told (oh btw it was her own cousins whom she'd invited to our town) them not to run, not to chop trees. Pick hybrids etc..they did. And they pillaged Cribbet. See, she saw how I loved this game and she loved it was OUR THING (it's a great way to spend time together I think) and she never did anything to the town without running it by me, so when this happened we were both devastated but she wanted to have people in the town...so we bought another cartridge ...that's strictly hers (tho she has asked me to play now and says she'd rather have 2 villagers with me then one where others can ruin it...)
Even the town..Cribbet is named after a word she made up to explain a size..lol ("just a Cribbets worth of juice please.." "oh I dunno he was the size of a Cribbet")
It's become this special lil thing we have...I am so happy about it..I LOVE it. Also it's like our own little separate or together escape from everyone and thing. When we got Peitro she was sooooooo amped it was so friggin cute. And now I just got the Sanrio cards and she cried she was so excited lol
As for the 3 yo, she is now wanting to watch whenever we play (she use to get jealous but summer explained and showed her that we have a villager named and modeled after her and she was so happy!!! She'll demand we play as her tho lol whenever she is watching us play which is ok...and will ask us make her do, say, wear certain things..it's adorable)

I'm gonna Friend request you. I like you. Let's be friends >^^<

I didn't hate Katt but I didn't want her staying in my town for long, she ended up really growing on me though. She's one of my favourite villagers now and I'm keeping her.

Back in City Folk I got Tabby once and I hated her because I thought she was ugly. I tried everything to make her move but she wouldn't. But slowly I started to grow attached to her and I became really good friends with her. She ended up moving away unexpectedly and I was sad.

Back in my old town I had Benjamin as a starter villager and at first I was a bit meh when I saw him whilst planting my town tree, but he eventually grew on me... I couldn't bear to see him move out so I let him stay and his house was in a decent spot too so I wasn't too bothered. I've restarted since then but if he was a random move in, I wouldn't mind keeping him for a while;-; there's just something about him that makes him so adorable.

Stitches freaked me out when i first met him. but he quickly became one of my faves! I miss him :/

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but if you talk to Cesar constantly after you tell him good luck with his leave, you still have the chance to tell him to stop moving. I hope that helps. :p

For real? I better get on that before his move date, thank you so much for the info! :D

Back