• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Newly appreciated villagers?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
We all have our favourite villagers that we have ALWAYS loved... however I have recently added a few villagers to my dreamie list that I never have before! I don't know why it took me so many years to appreciate these cuties? Why did it take until New Horizons? Who knows! LOL!

Portia! I saw her on someone's island on tumblr, and never realized how adorable she is.. she's also a dalmatian and loves PURPLE! How did I miss this?

Next is Peanut, I usually go for "natural" looking animals, so the fact that Peanut is pink always deterred me, however I gained a newfound appreciation for her recently! I would love to make a cherry blossom pink island and have her in it!

I have to add Sprinkle... I never liked her in New Leaf.. I don't like the colour blue.. but, I love penguins and her house in NH is gorgeous!

Gotta end it with my boy Antonio.. He showed up randomly on my island, and at first I was mad, but living with him and interacting with him I came to find he was such a sweetie pie! I also appreciated his work out advice LOL!

Are there are any villagers that you have newly come to appreciate?

Last edited:
I don't like him especially--he's probably not in even my top twenty favorite villagers--and I let him move out eventually, but I have an appreciation for Olaf that I didn't have before I played New Horizons. Part of it was that I had no choice but to invite him to move in--he was my first smug--so I had to tolerate his presence for a while. But then he grew on me. Always dressed to the nines in his fancy matador outfit, with his stylishly messy hair and preposterous long nose. He would walk around examining the weeds with a magnifying glass so solemnly that I couldn't help but be amused.

4:18:20 Olaf studying the weeds.jpg
4:21:20 Olaf still studying weeds.jpg

Day or night, he was on weed-studying duty. I admired his ridiculous persistence. He just found them endlessly fascinating.

But the thing that really endeared him to me for good was his absolutely useless pair of glasses that he balanced on his nose in such a way that he never could have been able to see through them.

4:24:20 Olaf's pointless reading glasses.jpg

If I had to guess what the book he was reading was about, I would probably guess weeds.

Something about his dignified style and how silly he was so much of the time just made me like him.

And also I saw him and Ellie having a sort of coincidental "trunk hug." It was incredibly cute.

4:22:20 Ellie and Olaf - Trunk Hug.jpg

When he moved away, it was with my full approval, and yet, when the time came, I got a little bit choked up.

7:11:20 Olaf - We're All Living in the Same World.jpg

I don't think I'd choose him over a lot of other villagers, hence the reason why I let him go. But I definitely had no particular opinion about him before New Horizons, but now, yeah, I think a little fondly of that overdressed anteater.

Last edited:
I don't like him especially--he's probably not in even my top twenty favorite villagers--and I let him move out eventually, but I have an appreciation for Olaf that I didn't have before I played New Horizons. Part of it was that I had no choice but to invite him to move in--he was my first smug--so I had to tolerate his presence for a while. But then he grew on me. Always dressed to the nines in his fancy matador outfit, with his stylishly messy hair and preposterous long nose. He would walk around examining the weeds with a magnifying glass so solemnly that I couldn't help but be amused.

View attachment 530751View attachment 530753

Day or night, he was on weed-studying duty. I admired his ridiculous persistence. He just found them endlessly fascinating.

But the thing that really endeared him to me for good was his absolutely useless pair of glasses that he balanced on his nose in such a way that he never could have been able to see through them.

View attachment 530754
If I had to guess what the book he was reading was about, I would probably guess weeds.

Something about his dignified style and how silly he was so much of the time just made me like him.

And also I saw him and Elli having a sort of coincidental "trunk hug." It was incredibly cute.

View attachment 530755

When he moved away, it was with my full approval, and yet, when the time came, I got a little bit choked up.

View attachment 530756

I don't think I'd choose him over a lot of other villagers, hence the reason why I let him go. But I definitely had no particular opinion about him before New Horizons, but now, yeah, I think a little fondly of that overdressed anteater.
That was such an adorable journey! 😭 and I absolutely LOVE their little trunk hug!! :love::ROFLMAO:

kitt! funny enough, i was talking about the kangaroos the other day with my mom and only just noticed kitt. and then the very next day she showed up on my beach in happy home paradise. i had a newfound appreciation for her - i just think she's very cute and i love the kangaroo villagers, so i can't help myself.
1704951341556.png

Looks like this discussion is dormant, so I'll add to this.

I didn't take Kiki seriously for a while until I got into my Kieran-is-the-best-Pokemon-character phase (which I'm still in as of typing BTW). Kieran's nickname is Kiki, and since Kiki (the cat, not the guy) exists, I developed a new appreciation for her!

Kiki%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

I ended up with Poncho and Groucho on my island by sheer coincidence.

Screenshot 2024-03-03 8.25.13 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-03 8.25.52 AM.png

The name and resemblance was just too perfect. I came to love both of them.

In my old save (the one I literally just deleted earlier today, actually) Apple ended up becoming one of my favourite villagers after getting her as my first peppy in the tutorial thing... She isn't even my favourite peppy anymore (that'd be Bonbon) but I do still like her. She's silly.

I’m just now beginning to like Snake more. Originally, I never really cared so much about the guy because of his theme, but after being around him more and more in Pocket Camp, I began to realize how cute he really is for being a little pink ninja bunny.

Also, he’s got quite a bit of fan art on Pinterest, and I love how certain artists bring out the cuteness in him. There was one that even showed a mini-timeline of how he became a ninja bunny. Would I invite him to a town because of this? Probably not, but he’s still growing on me.

Yes! Not any recent but while I was still playing, browsing the AC threads and chatting with everyone got me to appreciate Rodney, Tabby, Bangle, Spike. There are probably more but those are the ones that I can think of right now 🙂.

Back when the game was new and I was island hopping, I managed to stumble across a red hippo villager. I vaguely recognized him from villager tier lists from the days of New Leaf, but I never understood the appeal. In New Horizons though?? Wow!!

Biff just looks so much cooler in NH! Thus began my appreciation for Biff. He's not on my island but he's probably my favorite hippo villager now.

yeah, i invited lobo to my island when i was island hopping not long ago ;u; previously had fang as the cranky wolf on my island but alas, was truly not meant to be. the colours of lobo just hit different!!

1713944467665.png

It's Raddle for me! I'd never done much interacting with frogs but when he showed up during COVID, with his cute little mask on, I had to keep him 😅 I've always loved the lazy personality and remember being besotted as a child with Hugh and to be fair Raddle is just as lovely. I'm going to make him a little pond area in my forest eventually.

1000009711.jpg

Back