• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers With Wrong Personalities

animalcrisscross

Town Bully
Bells
There are definitely some villagers with the wrong personality type and I feel we should discuss them (just cuz). These are just two living in my town that are definitely wrong:

Iggly_NewLeaf_Official.jpg

How in the world is Iggly McFatso a jock? What sport does he play? He sure as heck ain't playing football at 2 foot 3 inches, that's for sure. Couldn't possibly be a shot putter with those stubby wings. You're probably thinking sumo wrestler but nope. He's got no lower body strength because his ankles are connected to his hip bones. Maybe he's a hockey goalie but I can't imagine he's any good. Penguins can't even walk on ice without falling on their faces. You can't expect me to believe he can stand on skates.

Yet he's always telling me how he's working out all the time. ***** HOW?! You're physically incapable of doing anything other than crunches, lateral shoulder raises, and waddling. Quit lying!

According to Nookipedia, lazy villagers "have a relaxed, laid-back lifestyle which, in Animal Crossing, goes with their friendly nature and love of food." I've never seen this guy doing anything remotely athletic so I'm definitely not going to take his word for it when he tells me he's a jock. He certainly isn't on a strict Paleo diet or worries about his carbs and bad cholesterol either. Case closed!

Iggly: Lazy

Shep.jpg

Smug isn't totally wrong for Shep but I'd like to make a case that lazy is much more accurate. Ok be honest, did you not think to yourself, "this guy's definitely a pothead" when you first saw Shep? I know I'm not the only one. If you don't get what I mean, just look at what he'd look like in a Rastafarian hat:

rasta Shep.jpg

Now tell me with a straight face that this guy is not his identical twin:

220px-Rasta_Man_Barbados.jpg

You can't. So with that, I've proven beyond all doubt that Shep is in fact a pothead. Nothing wrong with that. But going back to the definition of a lazy villager, two things stand out: "laid-back" and "love of food" (AKA munchies). Does that not describe every stoner? Case closed!

Shep: Lazy

Any other wrong personalities out there?

Last edited:
Wolf Link! He's always going on adventures, so why is he a smug? Being a jock would fit him so much better.

Muffy should've been another personality besides uchi.
When I first seen her I thought she was a snooty.

I could never understand why Ruby is a peppy villager. Normal and uchi fit her better and maybe even snooty, but I just can't understand why she's peppy. Her permanent frown just doesn't fit a peppy villager. lol

I actually really like that Shep is a Smug. I love the dog designs, but so many of them are lazy already.

I feel like Norma should be in an uchi instead of normal. She fits the big sister-like personality.

I feel like genji should be a cranky. the first time I talked ot him I expected him to have a deep voice and then his jock voice came out and I just wasn't okay with that.

I feel like genji should be a cranky. the first time I talked ot him I expected him to have a deep voice and then his jock voice came out and I just wasn't okay with that.

I agree with this. A lot. A LOT.

I kind of wish Pekoe was peppy. She already looks like some sort of stereotypical anime girl. They might as well make her genki af.

Dobie. He was perfect as a lazy but they changed him to a cranky which just made him lose his charm.

I think Purrl would have made an adorable Uchi. :)

Vivian should be an uchi, and Bob looks waaayyy more like a giant smuglord than a lazy to me.

Well.. Vich? should've been a snooty.. I mean.. She's based on Marie from Splatoon. The normal personality doesn't seem fitting :/

Punchy should be Smug...
Viche should be Snooty...
Pietro should be Lazy...
Chelsea should be Peppy...
Julia should be Peppy...
My, this list is huge. :eek:
There are many more to list as well.

Dobie. He was perfect as a lazy but they changed him to a cranky which just made him lose his charm.
To be fair, Lazies acted TOTALLY different in e+ and New Leaf. Here they act like little kids; there they acted like...well...lazy teenagers. Seeing an old man like Dobie act like a little kid... That's kinda creepy, y'know? (I wish they'd brought back Billy too, n the subject old man villagers, and kept him a Jock to be an active old man! Like the kind that plays golf every weekend at the country club and plays outside with his grandkids all the time. The obsession with fitness that Jocks have in this game would fit him: being scared that skipping out on even one day of exercise will transform him into a decrepit old man staring out the window of a nursing home while being spoon-fed in his wheelchair...
I feel like Muffy SHOULDN'T be Uchi, while Purrl SHOULD.

To be fair, Lazies acted TOTALLY different in e+ and New Leaf. Here they act like little kids; there they acted like...well...lazy teenagers. Seeing an old man like Dobie act like a little kid... That's kinda creepy, y'know?

That's what I liked about him to be honest, but I see where you're coming from. I saw Dobie as tired and maybe grumpy rather than old and I liked how his personality was completely different to his appearance. Since he's now a cranky though I imagine him as an old, boring thing. Plus I think wolves need a bigger variety of personalities.

Last edited:
willow has always looked normal to me! didnt find out till recently. she looks like she would be one but shes actually snooty!

also there arent enough cute uchi villagers i think lightening her fur to pastel yellow and making her uchi would be really cute

I really do think Bob should be Cranky. I'd like him more if he was. I can't believe Viche is a Normal. It doesn't fit Marie's sassiness at all. At least they got Cece's right. I'm not complaining about this villager, but i'm confused why Raddle isn't a Jock. I'd be happy either way if he was a Jock or not. I don't understand why Pango is a peppy. She has droozy eyes, and droozy eyes mean snooty.

I feel like there are more. But can't remember.

All this time, I thought Skye was a peppy. I have no idea how I thought that for so long, but once I moved her in, I was surprised to see she was actually a normal. I suppose normal does fit her, but I was really expecting peppy for some reason.
And then there's Lucha. Given his name, and appearance are based off wrestling, I sorta expected jock.
Viche and Muffy might be better suited as snooties, and I think Purrl and Alice would really make cute Uchis. :D
Tipper seems more like a normal to me too...
I know Filly might not actually count, but she seems more like a peppy to me.

Back