• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Got this game today...

ZoeNeko

Bells
I'm loving it so far, but I see people get bored of it fast... I hope I don't end up bored fast x.x

Take it slow. Design like, two houses a day or something.

I have taken it slow and am not bored of it yet, even though I got it on the day it came out. C:

My advice: wait a little before designing the public buildings. Making homes will give you more and more fun items, and visiting houses by other players will let you get some nice patterns and ideas.

have fun with it c: it's true, it does get boring quickly (at least it did for me) but I still enjoyed it

I enjoy this game still from time to time, especially when I don't really have anything to do in my New Leaf town. It's a great way for me to get some inspiration for my Mayor's home in NL.

I recommend keeping in mind that you are not working with dates; with villagers who can move out; and that you can play "Happy Home Designer" one day and not play it for a month. That there is no pressure.

You can get ahold of online information regarding which villagers give particular pieces of furniture. For example, I am a big fan of the box sofa and box corner sofa. They come from 224 Paula.

Have fun with being creative; making the houses appealing; and playing at a pace which is to your comfort. (For one thing, when you're working on a villager's house, you can save and exit and then return to to continuing designing that same villager's house as you resume the game. So, that is also good.)

I made the terrible mistake of smashing out all the public buildings in a day. I'm seriously bored of it now but I still play it every once in a while but I think I burnt out on this game

I you ask Max to work again on a public building, you'll have the possibility to make them bigger this time. :)
Plus, they are funnyer to do once you unlocked some cool items by makings houses or contests.

Yeah, the biggest thing is pacing yourself, you can get burnt out on it really fast, when I was playing it I was doing it just a few houses at a time and really enjoyed it. Like others have said, if you also play ACNL it's a really great way to plan your houses in game. =]

I'm still supposed to be expanding the school, but instead I design random houses on random days.

The thing about Happy Home Designer is that it wasn't made to spend endless hours like most people do in New Leaf. This was made more like designing a few houses, take a break, and design more the next day. Unless your goal is to design every villager's house and redesign it every now and then, then you'll get hooked.

Figure out how to put in effort with various houses/characters. You can make their houses bigger (up to three rooms) with each time you go to design their house. I cant tell you how many projects i see online that are literally garbage. Come on, people, EFFORT!

Back